10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loriden View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am currently hunting for a gear set updating/auto switch addon. I'm not even sure if this functionality exists, and i looked at the Outfitter comment page and one of the comments suggested it might be Coming Soon to outfitter.

Anyway, what i am looking for is

a) (most desirable) automatically switch my gear depending on what spec i am in. I am LOVING the alternate stat, but jewelry and weapon/OH items don't have alternate stats, so i will still need to swap those out - can this be done upon spec switch?
    This can be done with a macro. If you have two gear sets (for example, "Main" that goes with your main spec and "Alternate" that goes with your off-spec), you can do this:

Code:
    /equipset [spec:1] Alternate; [spec:2] Main
    /usetalents [spec:1] 2; [spec:2] 1

Obviously, you can name your gear sets whatever you want and replace the names in the macro. The macro will, with one button press, swap talents and gear sets.
    Last edited by shanthi; 2014-11-25 at 05:31 AM.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Hello all,

I tried a quick search but the amount of info returned was too much.

Here is what I want to do... I want to export things from my game session to an excel. The thing is that -as it should- one cannot write to a text file using LUA from an wow addon. So, what I want is a functionality similar to AskMrRobot export thingy. Since I don't want to delve into frames, editboxes etc in user interface (at the moment) and since it is for personal use, I just want to run my slash command and have the results of the function to the editbox we use to enter our text in the chatbox (I would call it frame if I was sure this is the correct term), highlighted and ready to be copied (and pasted to excel).

Please note that I use Elvui (so it is not the default UI) and that data can be a bit long. I will try to compress the information as much as I can but it is not an "Hello World!" message! Is this possible?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Hey guys, I have a kgPanels/WeakAuras question. I have 4 very small bar auras that I want to put 1 pixel black borders around. I can't just make a larger background because the backgrounds aren't black.

So, does anyone know how to make a 1 pixel border for WeakAura bars?

If not, I can make them in kgPanels, but does anyone know how to parent/anchor a kgPanel to a WeakAura? A quick Google search came up with one result that seemed extremely complicated, so I'm hoping there's a simpler solution these days. If I /fstack, it seems like the Aura comes up as table: [number string], but adding that to the parent part of kgPanels doesn't work.

I realize if I can't get this to work, I can just make a second aura and stick it behind with the same triggers, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

-

On an unrelated note, I have Sorha Quest Log, and at the top, it has the quest numbers, say 12/25. To the left of that is a box which can be checked and unchecked. I thought it would be for minimizing the Quest Log, but it doesn't appear to do anything at all. Anyone know what that's for?

-

Edit: Also, I used to use an addon for minimizing my chat window called Chicchai, but it seems to be broken in WoD, or at least not working with Chatter/Prat anymore. Anyone know of an alternate for this addon or a chat addon that has a built in minimization function?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rarch; 2014-11-26 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    On an unrelated note, I have Sorha Quest Log, and at the top, it has the quest numbers, say 12/25. To the left of that is a box which can be checked and unchecked. I thought it would be for minimizing the Quest Log, but it doesn't appear to do anything at all. Anyone know what that's for?
    Thanks!
    If I recall correctly you can right-click a quest to hide it from the tracker, making it "hidden".
    Clicking that square button will toggle hidden quests on or off.
    Useful for quests that you don't have the need to see all the time.

I use a databroker display, which will display a broker for Sorha.
    Clicking that will toggle the tracker on/off.
    Not sure off-hand if there is another way or not.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2014-11-26 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I use a databroker display, which will display a broker for Sorha.
    Clicking that will toggle the tracker on/off.
    Not sure off-hand if there is another way or not.
    There's a keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    There's a keybind.
    That would make sense.
    Been focusing on levelling more than UI, so missed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I actually use the data broker for it as well, so I'm able to minimize it no problem. Was just curious what the button was for. Thanks for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Another question: I'm trying to use QuseMap because I like the rectangle shape. (I actually wanted to use Radar, but it was really hard to get used to.) QuseMap is working just fine, but I wanted to get rid of all the extra stuff on it. I was able to get rid of everything except the clock. Two things happen when I try to get rid of the clock: 1) The default game clock comes back and 2) I get all kinds of LUA errors.

This is the code that has to do with the clock in the QuseMap LUA file:

Code:
    --[[ Clock ]]
    if not IsAddOnLoaded("Blizzard_TimeManager") then
    	LoadAddOn("Blizzard_TimeManager")
    end
    local clockFrame, clockTime = TimeManagerClockButton:GetRegions()
    clockFrame:Hide()
    clockTime:SetFont(font, fontsize, fontflag)
    clockTime:SetShadowOffset(0,0)
    clockTime:SetTextColor(color.r, color.g, color.b)
    TimeManagerClockButton:ClearAllPoints()
    TimeManagerClockButton:SetPoint("BOTTOM", Minimap, "BOTTOM", -1, 14)
    TimeManagerClockButton:SetScript('OnShow', nil)
    TimeManagerClockButton:Show()
    TimeManagerClockButton:SetScript('OnClick', function(self, button)
    	if(button=="RightButton") then
    		if(self.alarmFiring) then
    			PlaySound('igMainMenuQuit')
    			TimeManager_TurnOffAlarm()
    		else
    			ToggleTimeManager()
    		end
    	else
    		ToggleCalendar()
    	end
    end)  
    TimeManagerFrame:ClearAllPoints()
    TimeManagerFrame:SetPoint("CENTER", Minimap, "CENTER", 0, 0)
    TimeManagerFrame:SetClampedToScreen(true)
    TimeManagerFrame:SetToplevel(true)

Anyone know what I need to do to just hide the clock completely without breaking it? I tried just commenting out the whole section, but like I said, lots of LUA errors.

Thanks

What's a good movable broker display addon? I don't want one tied to the top or bottom or sides. I mostly use it for the new garrison tracking addons. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by decimo View Post
    What's a good movable broker display addon? I don't want one tied to the top or bottom or sides. I mostly use it for the new garrison tracking addons. Thanks!
    Bazooka is one.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    What is the common popular bar mod to be using nowadays?

Curious if Dominos is still as popular or if I should switch to bartender.

Quote Originally Posted by decimo View Post
    https://github.com/tekkub/libdatabro...dons-using-ldb has a list, but they links have mostly died. Fortress is the one I heard most discussed, but I don't have personal experience. Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to find something that could change the progress display for the Apexis style daily quests -- where you get a percentage tracker in the stock quest objective window -- so that instead of showing a text percentage on mouseover, it *always* showed it. Unfortunately, my searching on curse, wowinterface, and in the API and FrameXML code, doesn't show me how that is achieved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Hello all,

I tried a quick search but the amount of info returned was too much.

Here is what I want to do... I want to export things from my game session to an excel. The thing is that -as it should- one cannot write to a text file using LUA from an wow addon. So, what I want is a functionality similar to AskMrRobot export thingy. Since I don't want to delve into frames, editboxes etc in user interface (at the moment) and since it is for personal use, I just want to run my slash command and have the results of the function to the editbox we use to enter our text in the chatbox (I would call it frame if I was sure this is the correct term), highlighted and ready to be copied (and pasted to excel).

Please note that I use Elvui (so it is not the default UI) and that data can be a bit long. I will try to compress the information as much as I can but it is not an "Hello World!" message! Is this possible?
    This snippet of mine does essentially the same thing, except it uses a hidden input box that can be copied from (as the default chat input has a character limit). Do you think you can manage to modify that into an addon that does what you're looking to do?

PS: "Frame" would be a correct, though generic, term for the chat input box, yes. The widget is called an EditBox if you want to be exact.

Deleted
    I'm looking for an addon to help me with some fishing. There are plenty of addons on the category but I simply need one that shows a visual, anything really, when there is a fish on the bob. The reason for this is because I like to go for long fishing trips but like to listen to audiobooks and such, which makes hearing the sound effect really difficult.

Most fishing enhancers only improve the sound effect, but I'm looking for a visual mark. I tried doing it with weakauras but I can only track the fishing process itself, not when a fish is actually caught.

Does anybody know of such an addon?

I need help identifying a UI I used to use about a year ago, I have a screenshot but can't post links yet.

I think it's an Elv or TukUI edit but haven't been able to find it anywhere, the imgur extension is /WxEr7EP.jpg if anyone could help

Thanks

Does anyone know how to set up WeakAuras to track the ICD of the Warlords of Draenor Darkmoon trinkets? Specifically the Sandman's Pouch.

Trinket on Wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/item=112320&bonus=527#comments

Trinket proc on Wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=162919

Any help would be appreciated.

edit: Figured it out, here is a string:
    dCdhdaGAfv1UqqVwrvMPkfZvLQMns9neANsYEj7MQ2Va1pvj1WeW4qGHQsPblqgUs1bfk(TsogkoNu1cvKLQOIflvA 5u6HQK8uWYqPNtXevjAQQyYcz6IUOIkDvvcptIUoQ2iI62szZk02LuoTQ(ls(SG(UqPhlHPPGrROmEvQCsPIBjP6Ai Y5vkxg6WuzBcvlgDe0eejishb3D94ObtvvNHaciSVVpaB5qjrsc2UEC0GPixNa2YsMHEsmmSLeJxYQX6dXfK2pmeT6 i4tSv5AOQyyylzdiWS42cuq1holBolgCqKFlkiIBD5V8cyyijicnj3)PGDA3gAfWnif3)PMey2rA6kxdfu9HZYMZIb he53Ic4gKYIn37FFOMeWni1NyRY1qnjG7XAOpfKFdJe44w3zBhfmDbzYcYTDuawd9PaSg6tbxTADDzWbDZkua3GuMf 3wGQRadVlwd9jWhh)7eqfZfZjgQyU92B6m3lfWniLzhPPRCnutc4gKYS42cK7)utc4gKkcnj3)PMeywCBbY9FkyN2T HwbCds54w3zBh1KsbZWpCwkYXjsIuz)q8a9SmejvgxJ1hikGE5I0rG1vG6iOXPZxhLkfyx0OocAC681rPsbPJg9Poc AC681rPsbCdsvSADDPMukWIH)YF22rbFXYl4JeaoFuZ57C1Lc4(0(HHOvhbFITkxdvfddBjBaLcI9JYzIC8bIL9Kk7 7zzhiXoqGgRpquGN3o2pmeTgvXiWvK)YB0rGjD2uhbrlQgAmUquDvQuq0B2PDBDkwEbD8jAhDf49DkwEZ9VVg18Xyr A7gvAF)8WKIjGGI1IoAfRxtkfyeWsyac7jKOGAQIzGnGsj
    Last edited by zvvl; 2014-11-30 at 06:37 AM.

Anyone know if it's possible to show in raid frames when somebody has used a healing tonic?

Anyone know a weakaura to track the ICD of Skull of War, the darkmoon agi/str trinket? Thx in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tune View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an addon to make something mouseover? I downloaded buttonforge to add an extra action bar for to put cosmetic items/toys on, but I would like it to be mouseover so it only shows if I'm going to click it. Slightly annoying having it show up all the time even when its not needed.
    King Kong Frame Fader will allow you to make virtually any UI element fade out unless moused over (or based on plenty of other conditions, which are up to you).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Hello!
    Quick question: Anyone know any addon that can show me multistrike proccs?

http://i.imgur.com/TsVhCBF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xqRI5rf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YeSXfsb.jpg

I recently installed MoveAnything and am having a bit of trouble with it .. as far as I recall, before I used MA, these windows never stacked on top of each other like this .. they each opened beside the next one but never on top .. MA must be doing this - how can I get it back to how it was ? I already tried pressing reset for each of these windows in MA options, but, while, their spot on the screen is ~correct, they keep stacking when you open more then one

thanks !

- - - Updated - - -

^ and another MA question ..

http://i.imgur.com/DF8IWke.jpg

after installing it - it seems my raid frames pop-up panel no longer moves the actual raid frames with it like it used to, but rather they stack on each other as well .. how to fix that ?