Does anybody here has a nice setup of Shadowed Unit Frames for me to use? Wanna change from XPerl

Quote Originally Posted by r00x View Post
    Does anybody here has a nice setup of Shadowed Unit Frames for me to use? Wanna change from XPerl
    I could export mine for you ... in fact, have at it: http://pastebin.com/baH6hKKX

You probably want to define "nice" before asking this sort of thing, though. Because I like mine, but if you don't move the rest of your UI around like I do, and don't use IceHUD, it will not meet your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I could export mine for you ... in fact, have at it: http://pastebin.com/baH6hKKX

You probably want to define "nice" before asking this sort of thing, though. Because I like mine, but if you don't move the rest of your UI around like I do, and don't use IceHUD, it will not meet your needs.
    Well, it'd be nice if you could include a screenshot of your UI infight maybe, so I could see if I like your setup. But thanks for your answer!
    And I don't have something specific in mind - just looking for something new

Quote Originally Posted by r00x View Post
    Well, it'd be nice if you could include a screenshot of your UI infight maybe, so I could see if I like your setup. But thanks for your answer!
    And I don't have something specific in mind - just looking for something new
    Fair call: http://imgur.com/jVtUrns

Not immediately obvious from the screenshot:
    * the action bars just below icehud vanish when I have no target, other than the little cluster of four "cooldown" displays. OmniCC provides cooldowns.
    * The furthest to the bottom action bar is used for mouse control.
    * I have since replaced "Details!" in the bottom-right with an LDB DPS display. Just shows my DPS, but is less distracting.
    * The two icons in the middle-right are ExtraCD
    * The layout for tanks, to the right of the chat frame, is busted with more than three tanks. Known problem, but I don't care enough to fix it because I don't do anything routinely that requires more than three tanks.
    * Quest tracker hides in combat. I have Quest Item Bar, in which you see 15 bones, that doesn't, so I can use items in combat if required.
    * Loot tracking is XLoot

Finally, those keybinds... I use a dvorak keyboard layout, for reasons, and so those represent the keys that are in the right physical positions for me. I use ESDF for movement (fwd, back, strafe), and the QWRT keys for primary actions, 1-5 for fast access buffs, etc. AGCVB used for less frequent (8-30 second) combat abilities.
    Last edited by SlippyCheeze; 2014-12-25 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    Hey, what nameplates AddOn is Treckie using at this moment? I tried few different things and nothing look blizzardish with threat colours and dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    What are the timers to the right called? http://i.imgur.com/gIjAHot.jpg
    That is DBM with the "RealUI" appearance mod, and DBM-SpellTimers installed.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Cheers man. RealUI was the part I was looking for.

Does anyone know an addon or a weakauras setup that flashes the icon of an ability in the middle of the screen if I'm trying to use it while it's still on cooldown?
    Remember
    Me

Hi, can't seem to find anything on Google about this but wondering if anyone knows of an addon (BigWigs plugin) or potentially a Weak Auras string that can be used at the start of an encounter to time it? I remember Deus Vox Encounters had something similar.

I ask as at 4:27 in this video the Monk appears to have an a timer like this in the top right of his unit frame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpAbkuBGquw

Any help would be appreciated; I know this seems like a potentially useless thing but I'd find it helpful myself for records etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Hi, can't seem to find anything on Google about this but wondering if anyone knows of an addon (BigWigs plugin) or potentially a Weak Auras string that can be used at the start of an encounter to time it? I remember Deus Vox Encounters had something similar.

I ask as at 4:27 in this video the Monk appears to have an a timer like this in the top right of his unit frame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpAbkuBGquw

Any help would be appreciated; I know this seems like a potentially useless thing but I'd find it helpful myself for records etc.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/combattime
    Also,

Never used anything other than DBM, and DBM tracks time for records and lets you know how long it took you to kill a boss, and how it compares to your record time.

I know ElvUI has one integrated into their DataPanels, so that's possible too, if you use some data broker.
    Remember
    Me

Ah yes I did just notice that Combat Time addon and also found a few more stopwatch style addons (there's also an in-game macro I believe?)

However the one in the video looks like it's edited (font, colour, digits shown etc.) so not sure what that one is?

Unless his is built in to his unit frames but I haven't seen those before if they're part of an addon pack akin to ElvUI or are just something like SUF.

Deleted
    Hey i've got this picture here of (imo) an amazing UI but i'm not very used to UI mods so, my question is as follows:

What addons are used for the unit frames (pretty sure it's GRID) - and what addon is it that makes it dark/grey?

What addon is making Everything dark/grey and what's the fond used (text name)?

What's the cooldown bar above the players HP bar called?

and lastly what addon is used for the action bars?

i Do realise that this is quite a lot of questions and i don't actually expect to find out what all the addons are called but it'd make me super happy to figure it out

I know this probably belongs in the "Ask It" thread but as the regular people here have seen thousands of UI's I was wondering if anyone could help me strip down parts of the UI in this video from 4:25 onward. Now I'd try ask this person myself but I don't speak Chinese...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpAbkuBGquw

I know the obvious things are there such as BigWigs and Skada but it looks to me like an addon compilation pack but one I've never seen before except for the raid frames which look awfully familiar. The parts I'm most interested in incorporating into my soon-to-be-designed UI are the WA section in the centre (chi, energy, EB stacks etc.) and his Unit Frames with the overlapping power bars (as well as that lovely encounter stopwatch).
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-12-28 at 02:54 AM.

Deleted
    that is elvui

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all.

Sorry if this has been asked or even if it is a silly question.

I was watching Sco from Method on his twitch stream the other day and saw that he has a nice setup that counts down boss abilitys in bars, and when it has less then 5 seconds to go the bar turns red. I dont know how to explain it better due to lack of IQ on my side. Hope someone knows what I am talking about and could assist me in trying to copy that setup it looks cool and could be verry helpfull. He also has a cooldown on Bress which could be helpfull.

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Hey all.

Sorry if this has been asked or even if it is a silly question.

I was watching Sco from Method on his twitch stream the other day and saw that he has a nice setup that counts down boss abilitys in bars, and when it has less then 5 seconds to go the bar turns red. I dont know how to explain it better due to lack of IQ on my side. Hope someone knows what I am talking about and could assist me in trying to copy that setup it looks cool and could be verry helpfull. He also has a cooldown on Bress which could be helpfull.

Thank you in advance.
    Sounds a lot like http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/deadly-boss-mods

I doubt he uses an addon for a bress timer, mine is automatically shown on my rebirth.
    Remember
    Me

Yo!

I'm looking for an addon that can make my minimap buttons square-like and to give the buffs and debuffs beside the minimap borders and maybe even decrease the padding. Sort of like elvui, but without all the extra stuff. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by molodirazz View Post
    I use sexymap but can't find any options for the buttons.