Are you sure? because i cant seem to make those frames that big for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    A quick check says, no, there doesn't seem to be a way to do a version query through an addon channel or anything. You might ask the developers to add that feature, like DBM, BigWigs, GTFO, etc, do?
    I cant see the benefit of that to be honest.
    Querying boss mods in theory is to ensure everyone is working off the same information and timing of that information, though with addons being able to spoof that information it is of questionable value.
    I can see benefit of advertising newer versions though, particularly during "cutting edge" content.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I cant see the benefit of that to be honest.
    Querying boss mods in theory is to ensure everyone is working off the same information and timing of that information, though with addons being able to spoof that information it is of questionable value.
    I can see benefit of advertising newer versions though, particularly during "cutting edge" content.
    I assume that this is a technical solution (check the raiders actually installed the "required" addons) to a people problem (your raid team lie about having done that), and it is going to work just as well: a few of the people who won't install the addon will install a "fake" responder, and lie to you more, a few other people will finally install it, but stop right there and perform no better.

Because you can't solve people problems with technology, but it sure is a popular thing to think you can do, and it doesn't do any more harm if the developers add it than if they don't. (Plus, that recommendation is the way to solve the problem that the OP believes they have, and I am not here to stop you being silly, I am here to answer your questions to the best of my ability, even if I think your solution is going to make your life worse. Though I might stop and suggest you don't do something that I believe can *only* make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I assume that this is a technical solution (check the raiders actually installed the "required" addons) to a people problem (your raid team lie about having done that), and it is going to work just as well: a few of the people who won't install the addon will install a "fake" responder, and lie to you more, a few other people will finally install it, but stop right there and perform no better.

Because you can't solve people problems with technology, but it sure is a popular thing to think you can do, and it doesn't do any more harm if the developers add it than if they don't. (Plus, that recommendation is the way to solve the problem that the OP believes they have, and I am not here to stop you being silly, I am here to answer your questions to the best of my ability, even if I think your solution is going to make your life worse. Though I might stop and suggest you don't do something that I believe can *only* make it worse.
    From my experience, people will go at great lengths to avoid doing something they don't like, even if the countermeasure is harder/takes longer to achieve.

Like SlippyCheeze said, unless you want the information to remind raiders who might have mistakenly disabled their WA, it won't solve anything else.

Deleted
    Nevermind, I got help!
    Last edited by mmocd87175aca1; 2015-01-31 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Someone helped me on the priest forum, sorry for spam.

Is there any way to make Skada show spec icons instead of class icons? And does anyone know the API command that calls up the garrison report? Idk if the term I used is even correct, but basically the Garrison parallel to the dungeon journal's "ToggleEncounterJournal" or the achievement panel's "ToggleAchievementFrame". Found the answer to question number dos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesima View Post
    Just downloaded GatherMate2 and GatherMate2_Data but I cant get the fishing nodes to display :/ is there no WoD fishing data?
    Can't answer the question, but there aren't that many fishing nodes in WoD. If you're want to catch a specific type of fish, you attach a lure, not fish in a pool like it used to be.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-01-31 at 06:03 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    So I am terrible at writing Pitbull Health Code

I would like to add class color to this particular code (including AFK/DND,etc.)

Could someone assist with an edit to include the class code?

for i = 1, GetNumGroupMembers() do
    if UnitIsUnit("raid"..i,unit) then
    local name, rank, subgroup = GetRaidRosterInfo(i)
    if name then return "%d %s", subgroup, name end
    end
    end
    Last edited by Cronik; 2015-02-01 at 06:21 AM. Reason: input code to edit

Deleted
    Does anyone have a weakaura that triggers x amount of seconds after you cast a spell and updates when I recast the spell?

Seeking a chat addon that can can autohide into an edge when not mousing over aka like a outgoing bar.
    A minimap that you can change opacity on.

Also wondering how i can change fontsize on standard things such as when you enter a new zone and you get the midscreen text.

and last but not least, is there a way to remove certain Elements from blizz UI but not the entire thing. as an example: remove background of specific windows but keep the important text/layout and icons of standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Seeking a chat addon that can can autohide into an edge when not mousing over aka like a outgoing bar.
    A minimap that you can change opacity on.

Also wondering how i can change fontsize on standard things such as when you enter a new zone and you get the midscreen text.

and last but not least, is there a way to remove certain Elements from blizz UI but not the entire thing. as an example: remove background of specific windows but keep the important text/layout and icons of standard
    WIM has a mode that shuffles the windows off the edge of the screen that *might* be what you want, but I suspect it isn't.

Pretty certain chinchilla minimap can do the opacity thing, but you can also use Kong's UI Hider to futz with opacity on anything you want. I think maybe MoveAnything can also do that.

It is likely possible to change those elements as you describe, but I don't know a pre-packaged addon. (Other maybe than MoveAnything hiding some stuff like background or border elements of frames.) If nothing else some basic lua code on load can probably just directly hide those frame elements, or walk the widget tree to do it.

is there any way to make grid2 health update faster? it updates slower than my elvui frames which makes it useless for healing and i cant find any kind of option to change it..

Are there any repositories for, or packages of, additional textures? In particular I'm interrested in more or less plain circles and curved bars of various sizes and shapes to improve my hud-style UI.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    is there any way to make grid2 health update faster? it updates slower than my elvui frames which makes it useless for healing and i cant find any kind of option to change it..
    Try http://www.wowace.com/addons/grid2-quick-health/

Hey guys I never used a Scrolling Combat Text addon because in busy cleave fights, seeing the damage above an enemy's head lets me min/max my distance and always be hitting as many targets as I can. But, BRF fights are BUSY and the text is getting in my way. How do I use something like Mik's Scrolling Combat text to the same fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolla View Post
    Hey guys I never used a Scrolling Combat Text addon because in busy cleave fights, seeing the damage above an enemy's head lets me min/max my distance and always be hitting as many targets as I can. But, BRF fights are BUSY and the text is getting in my way. How do I use something like Mik's Scrolling Combat text to the same fashion?
    Addons have no access to the location of 3D enemy models in the world, so no, you can't have it place data near them. If you mean, "can you use it to guestimate how many targets you are hitting", then I would give you a definite maybe, because you can configure it to report lots of different data, but it isn't clear to me that will give you what you need to know.

Anyone knows where i can find totems in weakauras models? been searching for a while now T_T

To be more detailed. Im trying to make a aura for specific totems to look the way kait's character does when opening talents, aka a fully animated totem sliding in. but as right now i cant seem to find any way to import one or find any already made
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-02-05 at 04:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Can anybody tell me how i can show the average durability of my items in % via WeakAuras?

Quote Originally Posted by sdw40k View Post
    Can anybody tell me how i can show the average durability of my items in % via WeakAuras?
    In your custom text function, loop over the inventory slots you care about using http://wow.gamepedia.com/API_GetInventoryItemDurability and generate an average, then return that formatted as a percentage. Assuming you want the "overall average" rather than "worst percentage", simply sum both return values, divide 100 / max * current and return that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    A 5 year old abandoned addon won't do you much good in this case...

All versions of Grid2 newer that r742 do this already.

/Grid2, Statuses, Health&Heals, Health-current and the set update frequency to fast or instant.
    Last edited by tordenflesk; 2015-02-06 at 02:07 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a crafting addon, that would:
    1. Show me craft profit per "daily cooldown item"
    2. Include recipes I haven't learned yet
    3. Consider caged pets to get price for BoP ones

Profession addons that I've found don't give "per reagent" profits, rather "per craft"...
    What I want is addon that, for example, would give me info like:
    "Hexweave Bag (3600g): 100 Hexweave Cloth+10 Sorcerous Earth(600g) - Profit 30g per Hexweave Cloth, total 3000g"
    Old Gods made me do it.