Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Is there any addon that auto-single repairs your items when you are over the guild-repair cap, until you reach it and then use the guild repair?
    Pretty sure that's a no and could be against the ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Very curious. How is a smart gear repair against the ToS?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Very curious. How is a smart gear repair against the ToS?
    It could be classified as automation of a task. I'm fairly sure that auto repair is close to that already, but is just ignored. Same with auto vendoring greys etc.

Why? The only extra step from other auto-repair addons would be to calculate the right combination of items to repair before using guild repairs?

It could be classified as automation of a task. I'm fairly sure that auto repair is close to that already, but is just ignored. Same with auto vendoring greys etc.
    If an addon can do it completely within the confines of the Lua/XML environment, it is 100% legal to make and use. You cannot get banned for any automation allowed by the API. If Blizzard doesn't like it, they will break it. The automation rules only apply to hardware events, such as a pvp or fishing bot.

For example, there is an addon that auto answers and completes that trivia daily on Timeless Isle. Everything that addon does has been made available by Blizzard through the API, therefore it is legal.

EDIT: I decided to dig up two blue posts I remember reading in the past. I'm not going to quote the ToU or the EULA, but these blue posts should help clarify "automation".

Originally Posted by Vrakthris (Blue Tracker)
    To be clear Auctioneer, at least the one I am familiar with, is an addon, meaning it works within our LUA and not considered a third party program. The addon itself may be able to scan the auction house on a regular basis, it should not be able to complete purchases without any human interaction.
    Originally Posted by Vrakthris (Blue Tracker)
    I cannot speak for any specific addon, but there are options available in addon/macro creation that is perfectly legitimate. Such as If/than lines. As Perl mentioned addons usually can only do what our Developers allow them to.

Now there have been situations in which an addon allowed something that they believed ran contrary to the spirit of what an addon should be capable of. In those situations they usually will "break" that functionality.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-02-01 at 09:06 PM. Reason: blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    How can I search for specific frames? I didnt find anything with State or World.
    When you bring up the MoveAnything window, there is a search bar at the bottom
    Make sure you dont have "Show only modified frames" ticked, I think its the first checkbox on the top left
    I checked my settings - the frame you are looking for is called "Top Center Status Display"

If an addon can do it completely within the confines of the Lua/XML environment, it is 100% legal to make and use. You cannot get banned for any automation allowed by the API. If Blizzard doesn't like it, they will break it. The automation rules only apply to hardware events, such as a pvp or fishing bot.

-snip-
    Good info thanks! I always forget that LUA/XML is what constrains us and not macros. I do wish we could still create clickable frames in combat though. Not like old school healbot or CLC, but it would make Iskar Assist or Exorsus Infernal Frames clickable and easier to target ya know?

Deleted
    How do you find audio paths? for example I want to add this sound to one of my weakauras, but it requires a path to the file, and wowhead doesn't show it.

I believe Shared Media can help you fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post
    How do you find audio paths? for example I want to add this sound to one of my weakauras, but it requires a path to the file, and wowhead doesn't show it.
    Does PlaySoundKitID(47493) not work? If it doesn't, which is weird, I am unaware of any online database of file paths. However, you can look into finding and using a CASC file explorer. I currently can't readily find that sound file looking through my CASCExplorer, but I'll continue looking. It would be nice if the WoW dev team was more organized with their files, because WoW's files are a mess.

Deleted
    Does PlaySoundKitID(47493) not work?
    No, PlaySoundKitID doesn't work unfortunately, but I found a similiar (if not the same) sound here: "sound\spells\mage_arcanebarrage_impact1.ogg".

If it doesn't, which is weird, I am unaware of any online database of file paths.
    Too bad there is no online database, I found some old ones for 4.2 patch, but all of the new sounds aren't listed there.

However, you can look into finding and using a CASC file explorer. I currently can't readily find that sound file looking through my CASCExplorer, but I'll continue looking. It would be nice if the WoW dev team was more organized with their files, because WoW's files are a mess.
    I agree, and thanks for the tip with the CASCExplorer, I will try that.

No, PlaySoundKitID doesn't work unfortunately
    Actually, doing some searching, I found this thread which states that PlaySoundKitID works but in the Custom option, not the Sound option (post #6).

Deleted
    Actually, doing some searching, I found this thread which states that PlaySoundKitID works but in the Custom option, not the Sound option (post #6).
    This worked perfectly, thank you so much. I now use "PlaySoundKitID(47493, "Master", true)" because the whole point of this was to have the procc sound enabled while sound is muted.

Too bad there is no online database, I found some old ones for 4.2 patch, but all of the new sounds aren't listed there.
    I agree, and thanks for the tip with the CASCExplorer, I will try that.
    Btw, if anyone wants a small and boring job that would help us WA devs. Someone should really go through the list of sounds and textures that are in WoW and and take a look whether any of them would be good to have easily available in WA. Afaik, both lists weren't updated with anything from Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    Btw, if anyone wants a small and boring job that would help us WA devs. Someone should really go through the list of sounds and textures that are in WoW and and take a look whether any of them would be good to have easily available in WA. Afaik, both lists weren't updated with anything from Warlords.
    Well, the sound IDs work and maybe the current WA maintainer could just change the sound input to use IDs instead of paths.

As for art, you can legally extract both the UI code and UI art assets using this method into a local file tree and then go from there.

Hello!
    So I got two problems/requests.

1. I am using a script, made into an addon. To always display yourself (player) on bottom of the default raidframes.
    2. Also a script, made into an addon. To remove the names on the raidframes.

Problem: when in a group with many ppl I get spammed with a LUA-error, when mousehovering over certain player on the raidframes, mostly happens with the raid pet-frames (when trying to target and heal them).
    The error code:
    Code:
    Message: Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:410: Usage: GameTooltip:SetUnit("unit"[, hideStatus])
    Time: 02/04/16 22:49:52
    Count: 7
    Stack: [C]: in function `SetUnit'
    Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:410: in function `UnitFrame_UpdateTooltip'
    Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:396: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:383>

Locals: (*temporary) = GameTooltip {
     0 = <userdata>
     numMoneyFrames = 1
     comparing = false
     shoppingTooltips = <table> {
     }
     default = 1
     needsReset = true
     hasMoney = 1
     shownStatusBars = 0
     updateTooltip = 0.067999996058643
     numStatusBars = 1
    }
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = nil
    Here is the two addons I am using. If anyone can make them affect pet also (hide pet names) and dont make LUA error pop up when in large groups. It's working fine in 3-man groups, sometimes it bugs out when trying to target pets though.
    1. The addon to put myself on bottom of raidframes:
    Code:
    local pciscript = CreateFrame("Frame")
    pciscript:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
    pciscript:RegisterEvent("ADDON_LOADED")
    local function eventHandler(self,event)
        if event == "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" then
                    LoadAddOn("Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames") CRFSort_Group=function(t1, t2) if UnitIsUnit(t1,"player") then return false elseif UnitIsUnit(t2,"player") then return true else return t1 < t2 end end CompactRaidFrameContainer.flowSortFunc=CRFSort_Group;
                elseif event == "ADDON_LOADED" then
        end
    end
    pciscript:SetScript("OnEvent",eventHandler)
    2. Addon to hide the player names on the raidframes:
    Code:
    f = CreateFrame("Frame")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
    if event == "GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE" or event == "UNIT_PET" or event == "UNIT_FLAGS" or event == "PLAYER_FLAGS_CHANGED" or event == "PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD" or event == "PARTY_LEADER_CHANGED" or event == "PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED" then
      for i = 1, GetNumGroupMembers() do -- Party Frames
       _G["CompactRaidFrame"..i.."Name"]:SetAlpha(0)
      end
    end
    end)
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")
    f:RegisterEvent("GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE")
    f:RegisterEvent("ADDON_LOADED")
    f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_PET")
    f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_FLAGS")
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_FLAGS_CHANGED")
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
    f:RegisterEvent("PARTY_LEADER_CHANGED")
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED")

Summary: I wanna hide all unit names (including pets) in my addon (2).
    Get rid of the lua errors I get when in large groups and/or trying to target the raid pets. Atm I have to disable the addons when doing battlegrounds cus I get spammed with lua errors when I click the raidframes to heal.

2 question:

Any addon witch lets me search in the enable/disable addon page? For instance I want to disable DBM, I type DBM in search field and it goes to DBM.

Any addons witch lets me make "coustome profiles" where I can just load all profiles and addons to that char? For instance I make a new alt...I already know witch addon to use on him, and profiles to copy, just want to speed things up.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    2 question:

Any addon witch lets me search in the enable/disable addon page? For instance I want to disable DBM, I type DBM in search field and it goes to DBM.

Any addons witch lets me make "coustome profiles" where I can just load all profiles and addons to that char? For instance I make a new alt...I already know witch addon to use on him, and profiles to copy, just want to speed things up.
    AddonControlPanel can save addon presets.

AddonControlPanel can save addon presets.
    Tried that, but seemt abit...meh. Guess I shall try it again. If it had a search funnction to...All the times I want to disable 1-2 addons fast and haft to scroll for it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Tried that, but seemt abit...meh. Guess I shall try it again. If it had a search funnction to...All the times I want to disable 1-2 addons fast and haft to scroll for it.
    Macro for Toggling Addons
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...relogging.html

Code:
    /run t={"Recount","Omen","DBM-"} for i=1,GetNumAddOns() do for n=1,3 do a=GetAddOnInfo(i) if strfind(a,t[n]) then if IsAddOnLoaded(i) then DisableAddOn(i) else EnableAddOn(i) end end end end ReloadUI()
    Change the search strings, and adjust the number 3 to the number of strings you are searching for.
    "Deadly Boss Mods", and "DBM" appears to cover DBM and its modules.

I have been using a modification of this for MogIt since one of its binds interferes with another addon feature, and neither offer the choice to change them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.