I've tried Spartan and ElvUI. Didn't care for either.

Looking for a good UI for a Warlock that's fairly minimalistic. Any ideas? Currently the only UI addons I am using are Prat and SexyMap.

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    I've tried Spartan and ElvUI. Didn't care for either.

Looking for a good UI for a Warlock that's fairly minimalistic. Any ideas? Currently the only UI addons I am using are Prat and SexyMap.
    Why not make your own UI, with alot of different addons? Never understood why people even use these ElvUI and so on.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Why not make your own UI, with alot of different addons? Never understood why people even use these ElvUI and so on.
    I would say it is like why some people use consoles instead of a PC, they just want something that works without needing to know much.
    Plus if you don't know what you want out of a UI, then will individual addons help you much.
    I would say not.

Best thing to do first is figure out from playing what you think you need to know, and if you can - how you can best display it.

Do you read bars or numerical timers well ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

hm, maybe if its just to save time I can agree. Way to much time spended on my UI. By now my back-up is my most precious thing ever...Im at the point Id rather quit or atleast long break than re-done UI :P
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-02-08 at 08:12 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I would say it is like why some people use consoles instead of a PC, they just want something that works without needing to know much.
    Plus if you don't know what you want out of a UI, then will individual addons help you much.
    I would say not.

Best thing to do first is figure out from playing what you think you need to know, and if you can - how you can best display it.

Do you read bars or numerical timers well ?
    Well I went with just assembling bartender stuff. But numerical timers are my bag. Bars, not so great. I'd prefer an icon with a number. Although AffliDoTs did a good thing with bars where they would change color when the dots were about to fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Well I went with just assembling bartender stuff. But numerical timers are my bag. Bars, not so great. I'd prefer an icon with a number. Although AffliDoTs did a good thing with bars where they would change color when the dots were about to fall off.
    This is exactly what people should be doing, especially if they want specific addon recommendations or pre-made WeakAuras.
    This is what I mean, figure out your needs both in what you want, but also HOW you want it.

WeakAuras, and TellMeWhen for instance I would recommend for icon timers.
    WeakAuras and NeedToKnow for bars.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-02-11 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Danke good sir

Help!

Hi everyone!

Looking for a bit of advice about building my own custom UI for Legion.

I've thrown together a concept using Legion assets
    http://i.imgur.com/wvA4mn1.jpg

It's relatively simple but I can't find anything like it on curse.

I use elvui for everything at the moment.

I figure I can insert the art using KG_panels easily enough but I cannot find out for the life in me how to create custom health bars.

I'd also like to graphically represent the runes by making them glow / maybe animate with smoke when they are ready. Grey them out when not.

I'm not opposed to having to do some coding but I'm not really up on LUA - I can learn though. Plenty of time before Legion

I've never really done a custom UI outside of customising addon packs like Elv so I'm a little lost at where to start. Any advice would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Quincey; 2016-02-13 at 03:46 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    It can be done with weakauras. Atleast your unitframes, it was discussed in the post your UI thread, here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post38266691

Hello guys!

Can anyone please tell me what is the addon when there is bar in ELVUi on top of the screen with addon's minimap icons? Sorry I don't have a screenshot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falagore View Post
    Hello guys!

Can anyone please tell me what is the addon when there is bar in ELVUi on top of the screen with addon's minimap icons? Sorry I don't have a screenshot.
    ElvUI Shadow & Light edit -> Minimap Icon Bar can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post
    ElvUI Shadow & Light edit -> Minimap Icon Bar can do this.
    Thanks a lot! Will try today

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's also part of the ElvUI enchanced pack.

7+ Year Old Account
    I apologise if it's not the correct section, but is there any command or something to completely wipe action bars? Would be nice, considering the big changes for my specs that are coming in 7.0, and drag-and-dropping everything away on 11 characters will be nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    I apologise if it's not the correct section, but is there any command or something to completely wipe action bars? Would be nice, considering the big changes for my specs that are coming in 7.0, and drag-and-dropping everything away on 11 characters will be nightmare...
    Try
    Code:
    /run for i = 1,120 do PickupAction(i) ClearCursor() end

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I will save that in textfile somewhere on my computer and try when 7.0 hits.

Deleted
    I'm having trouble removing the toggle chat frame button in Elvui. I think it might be bugged because I'm also using the Shadow and Light extension..

I appreciate any provided information!

Anyone know of an add-on or have any idea if AA can do conditionals?

Like, if {raider_x} in raid, show {some text}, if {raider_y} in raid show {other text}?

Deleted
    Im looking for the name of the font the mage is using !
    Thanks

youtube .com/watch?v=9m1sTtZOy54 ( Can't post link )

Im looking for solar/lunar power mod that man using on this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaOqVY-hd7g