Can i use nameplates from elvui without instaling the whole ui?

Quote Originally Posted by wladimir89 View Post
    Can i use nameplates from elvui without instaling the whole ui?
    No, ElvUI is not modular in the sense you can take only certain parts of it out.
    But you can disable many parts of it.
    No personal experience with it myself though, so any more specific help would need to come from someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

What is a click through action bar? How do you set it up? And what are the benefits of it?

I have a question regarding WAs.

I made this aura that counts the GCD

Code:
    dyJ(caGAqW6Hs1UiQABaHzcKmxGuZwKVbi1oHI9I2Tu7hq5VuQFtYqHsgmqPHtuoiqLJbWJHQfcIwkrLfdklxOhkOEQYYevEoHjcizQKAYez6QUOG0HP4YuDDidtuv9zb2mOA7IYhbkoTKPjQsFxq8maHtcO62uY4Hs5sIQ4warxde68G0kbe9AGQgNOQmbqnxXb8(EeUb3bnWXvTa0tMNs2ymhfDB5CiGY828s1CcUCYdq(8lFoqasaaazaebAiMdgS8XzXjXjrnNujGaQXFL5CMgk3v3KWk64LOunXaeCpwbbEKAUdvMZjU5ibhs42vN5rHtyCEM3NdmjfmtcyGnSsLKuH0CiHBJ66esou7zEFod6kEUKYirn3njVp1CwO0lQ555qc3UnwoHKlAWDQ5SqPxuZZZ1glNdirzEJJeCWn4Vun1CwO0lQ555IQKtnNfk9IAEEoPco8chLouQ5SqPxuZZZZbx1Ff2DIbai4KkHSKb6Ubh8cU8CUOhuQwdvMZv4QMR6624klzj)UeXaGtCdo4fyPQ(CHdfJou54kjoWegOagyFz5roJKu9s1MK9JvqGhfutmaOM7XkiWJuZjqW8mV)qWHxyJZom4M2EAWjNM7qL5CIBosWHeUTjfIbQ4rKti5qTN595mOR4qc3g11jKCOUoNSKbQh58mVpxyvlvVuTGtGG5zEFSIo8cBCdRqbfO45q9JvqGhPMNNNRrw6yfe4rbXKJZG)s1cQ5e3ep1CskBCK4klcJNNdxPssQqAcJNlJyaK3Ca4jb

but I also want the timer to stick on the icon, until it's refreshed, which I can't do...

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    What is a click through action bar? How do you set it up? And what are the benefits of it?
    Basically click-through means not responding to the mouse button clicks.
    If you keybind everything, then an action bar could be seen to be a hindrance to interacting with the game world, as it will block some of it.
    The benefit there is to be able to interact with anything behind the action bar as if it were not there, without losing the information it is displaying.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Basically click-through means not responding to the mouse button clicks.
    If you keybind everything, then an action bar could be seen to be a hindrance to interacting with the game world, as it will block some of it.
    The benefit there is to be able to interact with anything behind the action bar as if it were not there, without losing the information it is displaying.
    Great explanation!! Thanks!! So is Weak Auras innately a click through or is the reason for this mod being made?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Great explanation!! Thanks!! So is Weak Auras innately a click through or is the reason for this mod being made?
    WeakAuras are clickthrough by default, as really it is meant to be an informational display rather than something you interact with.
    However the ability to use custom code does push it way beyond that, sometimes into areas which would be better served by a dedicated addon.

I would like some help with my UI, I made a topic here ( but some might not look at it ) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post40336173 right now my issue is that my UI scale / ingame art is very tiny compared to my UI i made in photoshop. The UI scale info is confusing to me, honestly not smart enough to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/u5r261p

I used to use gUI 3.0 back in MoP, but it seems to disappear in that form for a while now.
    What I am looking for is an addon that has the same sorts of unit frames - Ones with an animated picture of your charactor and your target.
    I have tried xPearl in the past, but the general art style of the bars is not in my interests.

I drew a basic picture in MS paint to show a more spesific example of what I am looking for, if anyone would know.

gUI is still around, it's just split up into different addons now. Here's the core addon with all the links in the description: http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/gui4

If you want the animated portraits only with no other changes, try Adapt: http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/project-2341
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    gUI is still around, it's just split up into different addons now. Here's the core addon with all the links in the description: http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/gui4

If you want the animated portraits only with no other changes, try Adapt: http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/project-2341
    Thank you!

elvUI has the chat buttons very pretty, nice and slick that fits with the rest of the theme, but, how did they manage that? All Prat 3.0 and the likes do is all but the actual buttons ( like General/combat buttons ) how did they change this? Or is this real advanced stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    The other day I was watching towelliee's stream when they were doing Mythic Archimonde I noticed something appear on his screen for Mark of the Legion and am wondering if this is something specific to his guild or if this is something that anyone can use.

http://imgur.com/kZYFVfo - Referring to the circles that appear on the person affected by Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceyi View Post
    The other day I was watching towelliee's stream when they were doing Mythic Archimonde I noticed something appear on his screen for Mark of the Legion and am wondering if this is something specific to his guild or if this is something that anyone can use.

http://imgur.com/kZYFVfo - Referring to the circles that appear on the person affected by Mark.
    Seems like the Deadly Boss Mods hud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I have a question regarding WAs.

I made this aura that counts the GCD

Code:
    dyJ(caGAqW6Hs1UiQABaHzcKmxGuZwKVbi1oHI9I2Tu7hq5VuQFtYqHsgmqPHtuoiqLJbWJHQfcIwkrLfdklxOhkOEQYYevEoHjcizQKAYez6QUOG0HP4YuDDidtuv9zb2mOA7IYhbkoTKPjQsFxq8maHtcO62uY4Hs5sIQ4warxde68G0kbe9AGQgNOQmbqnxXb8(EeUb3bnWXvTa0tMNs2ymhfDB5CiGY828s1CcUCYdq(8lFoqasaaazaebAiMdgS8XzXjXjrnNujGaQXFL5CMgk3v3KWk64LOunXaeCpwbbEKAUdvMZjU5ibhs42vN5rHtyCEM3NdmjfmtcyGnSsLKuH0CiHBJ66esou7zEFod6kEUKYirn3njVp1CwO0lQ555qc3UnwoHKlAWDQ5SqPxuZZZ1glNdirzEJJeCWn4Vun1CwO0lQ555IQKtnNfk9IAEEoPco8chLouQ5SqPxuZZZZbx1Ff2DIbai4KkHSKb6Ubh8cU8CUOhuQwdvMZv4QMR6624klzj)UeXaGtCdo4fyPQ(CHdfJou54kjoWegOagyFz5roJKu9s1MK9JvqGhfutmaOM7XkiWJuZjqW8mV)qWHxyJZom4M2EAWjNM7qL5CIBosWHeUTjfIbQ4rKti5qTN595mOR4qc3g11jKCOUoNSKbQh58mVpxyvlvVuTGtGG5zEFSIo8cBCdRqbfO45q9JvqGhPMNNNRrw6yfe4rbXKJZG)s1cQ5e3ep1CskBCK4klcJNNdxPssQqAcJNlJyaK3Ca4jb

but I also want the timer to stick on the icon, until it's refreshed, which I can't do...
    Any idea on how to make the timer stick?

Hmm..when I get your idea right, you want the icon to display the current/ latest casts symbol everytime?

I'd go for Custom Display Function with a database of every spell_id / icon_code..maybe theres an easier way but this could work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently in the process of setting up BigWigs but I have a couple of questions I couldn't find myself anywhere.

1. I want to set up the bars (at the bottom left next to the chat, to have a maximum number of 10 bars shown, not more which is currently seen in the picture. That way it alligns with the chat frame.
    2. A way to disable the "Messages" at the top middle of the screen (which is the "messages" bar in BigWigs to show things as they happen.) It keeps popping up and I can't get it smaller or disable it completely.

Anyone has experience with this, because I never bothered to change anything settings-wise but now I'm reworking my UI for Legion it kind of bothers me to see everything float around on my screen. I used to be a DXE (Deus Vox Encounters) fan, but I have no idea if they support skins for Elvui yet.

I hope someone can help me out or share a profile for the BW problem.
    Thanks.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Platinengel View Post
    Hmm..when I get your idea right, you want the icon to display the current/ latest casts symbol everytime?

I'd go for Custom Display Function with a database of every spell_id / icon_code..maybe theres an easier way but this could work.
    I just want the time-print to stay until the next ability refreshes it with a new value, not when the gcd ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Currently in the process of setting up BigWigs but I have a couple of questions I couldn't find myself anywhere.

1. I want to set up the bars (at the bottom left next to the chat, to have a maximum number of 10 bars shown, not more which is currently seen in the picture. That way it alligns with the chat frame.
    2. A way to disable the "Messages" at the top middle of the screen (which is the "messages" bar in BigWigs to show things as they happen.) It keeps popping up and I can't get it smaller or disable it completely.

Anyone has experience with this, because I never bothered to change anything settings-wise but now I'm reworking my UI for Legion it kind of bothers me to see everything float around on my screen. I used to be a DXE (Deus Vox Encounters) fan, but I have no idea if they support skins for Elvui yet.

I hope someone can help me out or share a profile for the BW problem.
    Thanks.
    1. I've yet to encounter a fight that goes above 10 on that. I'm not sure the setting exists as the point of the addon is tell you exactly what is coming.
    2. If you can't disable it, move it off screen if you can. I'll comb through the settings tonight and see if I can find anything though. Only thing I can think of so far is to manually go through every single boss and uncheck message and emphasize.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I just want the time-print to stay until the next ability refreshes it with a new value, not when the gcd ends.
    So...basically you want to messure the time between your casts? It starts a counter whenever you click an ability and counts upwards until you click another one and resets? Did I get it right? Thats possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diceyi View Post

It's likely DBM or Mark of the Legion Helper