Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not received an update, so no idea if it works still or not.
    But you could try Guidelines @ Curse.
    It won't do the background though, just the lines.
    Is that what you mean by insufficient ?
    Thanks, I'll take a look later.
    What I meant by insufficient is for example ScreenGrid, since that doesn't allow me to create my own lines, but rather creates lines in fixed positions.

Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post
    Thanks, I'll take a look later.
    What I meant by insufficient is for example ScreenGrid, since that doesn't allow me to create my own lines, but rather creates lines in fixed positions.
    For a background, you can use kgPanels and just make a solid giant background to cover the entire render world. I used that to make a gray background for both of my addon's option screenshots and for No Combat Text's logo, which was taken from a live player frame with a black background behind it.

You could also create a 1 pixel texture with kgPanels and use that for a custom line, since you can drag it anywhere.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2016-07-23 at 07:48 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    MoveAnything removed Loot Won window.

And ... they are more or less together. Since 7.0 it's some kind of complex frame manager instead of one anchor.
    You mean the Loot Window or the Loot granted banners? Because I can see both in MoveAnything. Unless those do nothing now.

Hey folks I hope some of the great weakaura geeks are reading frequently at the moment!

I try to get some power predictions down right now. Now I stumpled upon channeled spell, and my scripting skills aren't where they are supposed to be if I wanna solve this.

Let's take a Hunter with Barrage ie. The Idea would be to get an accurate prediction where the Focus bar would end up beeing after barrage was channeled through.
    Just one of the Problems is that I can't know when someone will cancel the channeling as well as it beeing updated all the time so I have to get the start channeling event somehow.
    I don't even know how to really grap the event I tried it via the UnitChannelingInfo("")

With a regular cast I tried this and got a working result. I don't know if this is clean or crappy scripting tho. (example with Aimed Shot on a 150 focus MM Hunter)
    Duration Info
    Code:
    function()

local focus = UnitPower("player", 2)
        local ais_focus = focus - 50
        local spell_name = UnitCastingInfo("player")

if spell_name == "Aimed Shot" then
            if ais_focus > 0 then
                return ais_focus, 150, true
            end
        else
            return focus, 150, true
        end
    end
    Doing the same just with a UnitChannelingInfo doesn't work at all.

So anyone Knows how to solve this or if this is even possible? I woudlnt mind if you had some resources on blizzard events or wa scripting this is the first custom events I did.

Previously, I used Leatrix Plus to disable the ghost world effect.

Unfortunately, that part of LP stopped working in 7.0. Is it still possible to do this with another mod? (What I mean by this is the really bright white effect when you die and are a ghost.)

That said, most of the world is a LOT brighter than it used to be which I know can't be helped with addons, but I'm hoping at least this can be because legitimately I can't even see my character/the ground half the time as a ghost. And yes, I've adjusted the gamma.

Same issue with underwater, now I have the weird wave-y ripple effects that I previously was able to disable with Leatrix Plus. That's no longer working. Is this also no longer able to be disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You mean the Loot Window or the Loot granted banners? Because I can see both in MoveAnything. Unless those do nothing now.
    Last time I saw, they were not.

But I mean the whole Alert Frame as "one", not single windows.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    I'm currently using the elvui nameplates and one thing that annoys me is that when enemies die their nameplate lingers at 0% for like half a sec. Is there a way to have the nameplate gone as soon as they die?

Trying to add my percent HP to the new personal resource display.

When I'm 100% HP, it anchors fine. But if I get hit to below 100, it moves to the the center of the screen. After it disappears with the display, it will show back anchored correctly even if I'm below 100%...but then will go to the center when I get to 100%.

Anyone know what could be going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,

Got question about weakauras. How to make, for example vendetta aura that will track remaining cd (alaso to make icon not disaapear, maybe a little bit faded when its ready to use) as well as how long it'll lasts after it's usage in one icon ? I mean similar to something like this guy got for adrenaline rush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQczzWCnbUU (i dont need things like, cd go grey if font at least 10s till next usage etc..)

Next thing i could use some advice is how to make trackable debuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq_zk6sWwP0 i mean rupture, garrote and hemo

I copy both auras and open it but tbh...im not understanding much from it . I used to do simple one spell auras for tracking cds, without triggers, funcions etc..

I used to have a script that colored the buttons red if they're out of range of your target. This is the script:

hooksecurefunc ("ActionButton_OnEvent", function (self, event, ...)
    if (event == "PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED") then
    self. newTimer = self. rangeTimer
    end
    end)
    hooksecurefunc ("ActionButton_UpdateUsable", function (self)
    local icon = _G [self: GetName () .. "Icon"]
    local valid = IsActionInRange (self. action)
    if (valid == 0) then
    icon: SetVertexColor (1.0, 0.1, 0.1)
    end
    end)
    hooksecurefunc ("ActionButton_OnUpdate", function (self, elapsed)
    local rangeTimer = self. newTimer
    if (rangeTimer) then
    rangeTimer = rangeTimer - elapsed
    if (rangeTimer <= 0) then
    ActionButton_UpdateUsable (self)
    rangeTimer = TOOLTIP_UPDATE_TIME
    end
    self. newTimer = rangeTimer
    end
    end)
    The script, however, does not work now and I was hoping someone knew of a new way to do this? I'd preferably only want a script and not an addon that has other features built on top of it.

Thank you.

I have two, i think, really easy questions but I dont get it.

first. I read in a class guide about addons and the author (who I highly trust) stated that KUInameplates are supposed to be more customisable than tidy Plates but looking up tutorials and going through the options It seemse vice versa.
    so is the gudie wrong or am I just missing something important?

second: If I want to have sounds as options for my addons but not teh sourceaddon they came with installed how do I "get them in" ? I tried with SharedMedia but the sounds aren't showing up anywhere. Any Ideas?

thanks folks

How do I get rid of the Boss/Dungeon Completed and the Follow-up with the loot each person got?

It isn't an Alert/Loot Frame, already tried that.

can anyone tell me whats the name of the addon that is above the action bars, technically it shows what spell you just have used
    image.gxzone.com/ima*HHHHHHH*ges/4/6/46ffeb07bc4.jpg

delete de *HHHHHH*

I have been searching of it in curse, wowinterface and i couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrod View Post
    can anyone tell me whats the name of the addon that is above the action bars, technically it shows what spell you just have used
    image.gxzone.com/ima*HHHHHHH*ges/4/6/46ffeb07bc4.jpg

delete de *HHHHHH*

I have been searching of it in curse, wowinterface and i couldn't find it.
    Should be this one TrufiGCD@Curse

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello

I have a song play when I ender Voidform with Surrender to Madness. I have a sound play when surrender fades (and I ultimately die). Issue is the song is continuing afterwards. How do I stop the song when it transitions to On Hide?

Also, I currently have it set up to flash a white box that covers the screen in the background with a green color overlay every 0.47 seconds. Is there a way to make it rotate through a few colors like blue, red, yellow, etc.?

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Tune View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove both these things in ElvUI?
    Not sure what that is, but looks like a CD tracker of some sort. Check under Unit Frame -> Player settings and dig around.
    and the black bar under the minimap.
    That's a data text, which you can just disable through the Datatext panel.

Deleted
    Looking for the unitframes in this picture. Anyone know what it is?

Last edited by mmocee309fcdda; 2016-07-26 at 05:16 PM.

Not sure which addon that guy is using but it can be recreated in Stuf UF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Not sure which addon that guy is using but it can be recreated in Stuf UF
    Cool ill try that out then! Im using elvui but couldn't recreate it in there. Couldn't find a way to class color the border on the unitframe and get the castbar behind the health.

EDIT: Whenever I try to use 1 pixel border on my unitframes the "1 pixel" is more like 10. Can't figure that out.
    Last edited by mmocee309fcdda; 2016-07-26 at 07:37 PM.

To create 1px borders we usually don't use the border feature. Instead, create a frame beneath your other frames, and then make it 1px larger on every side. And then you can use the colour wheel or lua to colour that border accordingly.