Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Last night me and my guild experienced the major lagg issues in 25 naxx.
    The computer i work with can easily run every game that has been released recently and my connection was fine aswell.

Anyway the problem was the server kicked me a few times.
    When i came back the third time my entire UI was raped!
    I lost everything u use ingame.

-marcos (the character specific macros even got deleted)
    -chat channels (cant see guild chat, whispers, normal balloons, trade, lfg, everything)
    -all my addons where reset in the middle of the raid (comes in real handy while your healing)
    -all the settings of blizzard where changed (resolution was reset, all the video settings, all the ingame settings, keybinds)

So i cleared my interface file and reloaded and resetted a new one.
    It didnt help sadly.
    I have got most of my settings back now.

I am still missing all the chat channels and have no idea how i can get them back.
    Anyone able to help me?

As far as I know there is not realyl a way to "get back" channels.
    You just need to rejoin them.

Example: I have a friends channel called lolzor, when I rest my interface my subscription to this custom channel is is lost so I need to rejoin it by typing /join lolzor.

I hope you remember the names of the channels.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I am using Xperl and Grid (for Group)
    So i displayed off the Xperl Groups but then there is the Blizz party frame.

How do i hide Blizzard Party Frame?

I know with Pitbull there is a possibility to *hide blizzard*

but i dont know if this is possible too with Xperl?

How can I get my UI to look like...
    http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw19186.png

I know it's Caith UI, but I've been having trouble getting it to look like that. I might of been doing it wrong or installing etc. The step by step thing isn't very helpful to me and was looking for more insight or a guide.

Caith UI link
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5-CaithUI.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kasdeja
    I am using Xperl and Grid (for Group)
    So i displayed off the Xperl Groups but then there is the Blizz party frame.

How do i hide Blizzard Party Frame?

I know with Pitbull there is a possibility to *hide blizzard*

but i dont know if this is possible too with Xperl?

There's an option in the Party tab called
    Show party in raid

Not sure if it will also disable them in a normal party though (Haven't used x-pearl for a while).
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Hirork
    Somebody know, what the "chat" addon is?
    WIM
    Conall the Undying - 80 Protection Paladin (WoW Armory not working atm).

Quote Originally Posted by miLl3niUm
    Can someone list my the addons to get my UI as close as this setup in screenshot?

I'm no UI/Addons expert but I think the addons are Bartender4/Pitbull or Xperl/KGPanels. Those are just a few I think I recognise.

DBM too
    ähm can some one tell me an addon what auto Mill? (Herbs to pigments) ? :X

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

hey

i want to position every single group member, but i haven't found a possibility to disable "grouping"
    is it possible to disable "grouping" in pitbull?

(Pitbull -> Party -> Other -> Grouping)

Quote Originally Posted by miLl3niUm
    Can someone list my the addons to get my UI as close as this setup in screenshot?
    Deadly Boss Mod - boss mod
    Miks Scrolling Battle Text - SCT
    ag_unit frames - also possibly Pitbull, though they LOOK like ag
    Prat - chat mod
    Bartender - Dominos>Bartender in every way, though it looks like Bartender
    Recount - damage mod
    Viewport - creates the area of black by making the area of displayed screen smaller
    SatrinaBuffFrames - the buff mods...it doesn't look like he even moved them from the default

Honestly, it's kind of a messy UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Keelie
    Deadly Boss Mod - boss mod
    Miks Scrolling Battle Text - SCT
    ag_unit frames - also possibly Pitbull, though they LOOK like ag
    Prat - chat mod
    Bartender - Dominos>Bartender in every way, though it looks like Bartender
    Recount - damage mod
    Viewport - creates the area of black by making the area of displayed screen smaller
    SatrinaBuffFrames - the buff mods...it doesn't look like he even moved them from the default

Honestly, it's kind of a messy UI.
    Thanks a lot
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Hi again, I need some help with my UI. After trying several addons I still didn't find something clean and nice. All addons i've tried need much configuration. Is there anything simple like spartans ui? The bad thing about it is the group setup, it's messed up.

Most addons are going to require a certain amount of configuration. Some more than others, but very, very few will work perfectly the second you install them.

Here's my configuration:

I use oUF, to handle the unit frames, the cast bars and buffs. You can use oUF and oUF_Lyn to get most of this configuration, though know that unless you're good with lua, you won't be able to change anything, including the position. The default oUF_Lyn is similar to what I have, but does not handle player buffs/debuffs or have a focus cast bar. I modified the lua in mine a fair bit. But - the reason I bring it up is that oUF and many of it's layout addons do not require any setup. In case you don't know, oUF is a framework for the layout addons like oUF_lyn. oUF by itself will do nothing. People write layout addons, usually called oUF_suchandsuch. If you like how oUF_lyn looks on my UI (contains player/target/tot/focus/party/raid frames and player/target cast bars by default) then download oUF and oUF_lyn and there will be no configuration required...or possible, without lua editing. If you don't like oUF_lyn, but are still interested in the idea of oUF, then go to http://www.wowinterface.com/find.php and search oUF, and you'll find a ton of different layouts.

oUF http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9994-oUF.html
    oUF_lyn http://www.wowinterface.com/download...6-oUF_Lyn.html

It's a bit complicated, but in the end it's pretty simple. Added functionality, like Incoming Heals or Bar Fading or Debuff Alerts can be downloaded separately, also for example, like oUF_HealComm or something. It's modular, though all you HAVE to have for it to work is oUF and an oUF layout.

Otherwise, I recommend ag_unitframes, as they are much easier to configure than Pitbull or even X-Perl.
    For action bar replacements, I recommend Dominos over Bartender or Bongos (which is an old version of Dominos).
    For buffs, ElkBuffBar if you want buffs in bar form, and SatrinaBuffBars for normal style buffs, but really, buff mods usually aren't necessary.
    Both Satrina and Dominos support ButtonFacade, and I use ButtonFacade DSM for skinning my buttons.
    Miks Scrolling Battle Text is another good addon, and probably the best scrolling combat text addon.
    I strongly suggest that people use an addon like Grid in place of standard raid frames, but I suppose it's not necessary.

Otherwise, there are addons like AtlasLoot, Recount, Omen, BigWigs, RatingBuster, which are all useful, but don't do much cosmetically. If you want to make all your bars and texts the same, then I suggest trying SharedMedia and SharedMediaLib, which are just databases of textures and fonts for your addons, but that's really going to take a lot of work to set up...

Finally...there are compilation options.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat28.html

Here are compilations of addons that people have put together. They require that you download the compilation of addons and also the WTF file, which contains all the settings and configurations for the addons. Most will contain instructions on how to install. Under "Minimalistic Compilations" for example, the top downloaded one is this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ealbotDPS.html

Just an example. Be sure you read the directions carefully. For example, this one - the WTF file, which is the configuration file is listed separately, under "optional files".

http://www.wowinterface.com/download....html#optional

If all you want is basic functionality with no setup required, then Spartan UI, should be fine - what else are you looking for? With that in mind, the basic WoW UI is hardly a bad setup. I've used it for raiding and PvP and it's been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrify
    Spartan UI.
    What does the Raid Frames look like, or do you have to suppliment your own? And last time I tried to get the Spartan UI, it had one File in it and no WTF folder, any suggestions?
    Conall the Undying - 80 Protection Paladin (WoW Armory not working atm).

I'm interested mostly in group/raid UIs, nice and clean.

Is there anything for 1680x1050?

How can i get pitbull to only show debuffs that i put on to my target frame?

Under Target>Other>Auras, there should be an option called debuff filtering.

that just turns all defbuffs off :S

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Debuff filtering actually sets it so you only see debuffs that you can remove, if I remember Pitbull's code right. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do what you're wanting to do, stratosphere, so can't help you. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by stratosphear
    that just turns all defbuffs off :S
    No, you can filter by name or something. It's set to filter all by default, and you have to turn them on manually.