Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

What DR (diminishing returns) timer mod is litre using in this video, the faded bars in the middle of his screen, and where can i get it.

http://files.filefront.com/Literacol.../fileinfo.html

Quote Originally Posted by miLl3niUm
    Can't you just add/enable an extra bar?
    no. because when im mindcontrolling mit 1st has only a length of 4 buttons, but i need 6

Quote Originally Posted by Jordybe
    I wanna see how much an item is worth at the vendor. Somebody know a mod that can show me this?
    I use SellFish.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

There was a post not too long back with someone asking how to get the cast bar over the players health bar, and the answer was to use the texture outline for the cast bar texture. I had it yesterday but I deleted my addons I don't use and it removed that texture, so I was wondering...how can I get this back?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by thetemplar
    no. because when im mindcontrolling mit 1st has only a length of 4 buttons, but i need 6

Mindcontrol -->[1][2][3][4][5][6]
    [9][10][11][12] *freespace* [13][14][15][16]

Unfortunately i lost the link to it (else i wouldn't be asking -.-) as well as any screenshot, but can anyone tell me the name of the addon which shows your keyboard showing all of your current keybinds?

Quote Originally Posted by Submann

Mindcontrol -->[1][2][3][4][5][6]
    [9][10][11][12] *freespace* [13][14][15][16]
    an extra bar above? uncool ^^ yeah, its an alternative.
    but i would prefer to split bar 1 or to split the possess bar, so that 1-4 is at bar 1, 4 to 8 in bar 2....
    or make it like this:
    [(A1)(A2)(A3)(A4)]
    [(B1)(B2)(B3)(B4)]
    [(A5)(A6)(A7)(A8)]
    [(B5)(B6)(B7)(B8)]
    but theres no option for vertical padding

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@TheTemplar

You might try TrinityBars - it has the ability to individually move buttons from the bar, so it's actually possible to split it the way you want.

@Toez

I believe the "Outline" texture is part of the "SharedMedia" addon. Also, in regards to the black border, it might be a threatmeter, saying that you have threat? I know Omen used to do this, but in red.

@Jordybe

There's multiple addons that do this. SellFish is one, ItemPriceTooltip is another. It's also built into both Auctioneer and AuctionLite.

Nah it isn't when I have aggro, I play as a healer and I notice it happens whenever I enter combat.

How can you make kgpanels have square edges, like which texture.
    I've managed to make panels that are almost whhat i want, but you can still see the round edges.

Also, how can you make a panel only show like the bottom and left edges, etc.

(trynna brush up on my ui's looks)
    The Ocean Tastes Salty Cause Everyone Peess In It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myte342
    Dear Blizzard,

* * Please nerf Rock. But Paper is ok.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -Scissors

I managed to get the Outline texture and have it as my cast bar, however its just a straight border. The one I saw in the screenshot had glowing (can't really put it another way) borders, and a verticle line where the cast bar was currently at, when I'm using outline it just has the very edges moving.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I think that was their castbar addon doing that, honestly.

Anyone know what's the name of that Cooldown Addon above the Action bars? it looks Amazing and is not "upwards"

Looks Promising indeed
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Sappy

You might wanna try a border texture that's squared off. RothSquare and SimpleSquare are out there, and there's a "Solid" texture with ArkInventory as well.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Warptwist

That's either ForteXorcist, or the cooldown bar addon that split off from it. Search "Forte" at WoWI and you'll probably see both of them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by warptwist
    Anyone know what's the name of that Cooldown Addon above the Action bars? it looks Amazing and is not "upwards"

Looks Promising indeed
    its actually CoolLine.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-CoolLine.html

that is EmilyUI - http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=44303.0

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I couldn't remember it's name, and didn't wanna to look up Keelie's post for it. I also knew I'd have a "D'oh!" moment when somebody did say it's name *grin*

I've got some addon that chokes my FPS quite hard. Thing is - I don't want to use the elimination process cause it's simply too annoying. Any idea of an addon that monitors addon "traffic" detailed enough for me to track down which addon is causing my problem?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

There are some cpu/memory watching addons out there. Mara has one called broker_cpu (I believe), if you use a DataBroker display addon.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm looking for a few add ons to create a similar UI to what i used back in EQ2. I dug out a screen shot and highlighted some of the specific features for labeling purposes. also to help see what I'm talking about.

1.Green: Shows what active spells I'm maintaining on myself/others and the timers.

2.Blue: compact Unit frames that show the players name and class. also debuffs next to their health, not under.

3.Red: Something that shows my target and my target's target.

4.Yellow: raid unit frames that are more compact.

5.Orange: somthing that just shows all the buffs that are on me.

I'm also looking for a good chat addon, the ones I've tried don't seem to work. a simple addon that I can filter trade chat into its own tab and party/raid into another.

Edit: how do you shrink the picture down to a thumbnail?
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"