Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

i'm looking for an addon i had that allow to change some parameters in game, like max view distance from the character, i might be wrong but i think it was from the same author of the old oSkin...

thanks
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

@Heimdall

TweakWoW allows you to make that change a bunch of others. It's available on WoWI.
    Linky! http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-TweakWoW.html

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    @Heimdall

TweakWoW allows you to make that change a bunch of others. It's available on WoWI.
    Linky! http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-TweakWoW.html
    Thanks a lot, it is exactly what i was looking for
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Hello,
    What I'm Looking for I saw on a vid. It looked like she/he was using X-pearl but instead of the health bars just staying green/blue they would move here let me link vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XggIgyG06-E
    thanks in advance  ;D ;D

Edit: it links his addons but only links me the Trade skill addons witch I'm not looking for >.<

Hey, I'm looking for a nice Rogue UI - No special wishes

15+ Year Old Account

Try um...

this:

[img width=400]http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9405/wowscrnshot072509112913.jpg[/img]

By Cheeseplease. Pg 27 of Post Your UI on this forum. Very clean from what I've seen. PM him about it.

Hey, i just wanted to know how i can keep my ui when i trans servers?!
    Just copie all the Profils from the addons? or do i have to rename stuff in my wow folder :O? Thx
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by MilkaMaus
    Hey, i just wanted to know how i can keep my ui when i trans servers?!
    Just copie all the Profils from the addons? or do i have to rename stuff in my wow folder :O? Thx
    Well, if you're just going to xfer to a new server, you should just be able to go into the Profile tab of your addons and select your old character's name and server and copy them from there.
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

i m looking for a good mail manager addon, someone got an idea?

deamonmailassist lookslike dead, still it works? is there a similar?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I just use Postal for all my mail needs. Works like a charm.

thx i ll check it asap

kgpanels & SharedMedia.
    I can't figure out how you supposedly save a texture and place it somewhere on your UI. I've read the readme, yes but it doesn't make sense.

Someone please help?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

bathingjapes, there are several kgpanels tutorials out there. There's one on WoWUI, and one here on MMO-Champs.

Basic breakdown

Create your texture following the basic rules. Uncompressed TGA (Targa) image, in a size where both dimensions are a power of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 126, 256, 512). Copy image file to your WoW folder - WoW\Interface\MyMedia is often a good place.

To add texture to SharedMedia (will make it available to kgPanels), follow the directions in the file "Directions for MyMedia.txt" in the SharedMedia folder.
    To add texture to kgPanels only, go into the art library portion of kgPanels. Type the proper path for it. Texture named mytexture.tga in the aforementioned folder? \\Interface\\MyMedia\\mytexture.tga is the path.

Now make a panel, and tell it to use your texture for whatever. kgPanels only deals with Border and Background textures and ignores everything else. SharedMedia can add Border, Background, and StatusBar textures, as well as Fonts.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD TUTORIAL. It's what I could bang out in 5 minutes. Search for topics with "kgPanels" in them on the first 2-3 pages, there's a better tutorial there.

Oh, thanks a bunch man.

anyone know of any nice mage UIs?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by supershred
    anyone know of any nice mage UIs?
    I would suggest looking at the "Post Your UI" section of the forums. Plenty of UI models to browse there, and you can choose what works best, PM the author and presto! new UI.

Alternatively, you can also go to http://www.wowinterface.com/ as well.

awesome thanks brosuf!

Does anyone have a good warrior ui i want something very good looking (not flowers).If you got something please post.

Read the last 3 replies.

UIs come down to personal taste, so even if someone does give you an example of something they love then that doesnt mean you will.

Here's another site showing off a few compilations; http://www.vranx.com/compilations.htm

15+ Year Old Account

I have some problems with my upload of my UI. Players who use my UI, doesn't get the same settings with "SexyMap" and "Satrina's Buff Frames 3" settings as I do, and it just looks like it has been reseted. I have once lost my UI settings, so I downloaded the one I had uploaded and everything worked as before, so I don't really understand it. What can be the cause of this?