Quote Originally Posted by Raynfal View Post
    Hey there!
    I was wondering, is there an addon that can check all other addons' settings and save it to one big profile? I'd like to be able to set up most of my addons differently depending on whether I'm tanking, healing, or dpsing (which addons to show/hide, bar layouts, group/raid layouts, even color and text scheme), and being able to save and load 3-4 profiles would help a lot.
    Right now I heal/tank on a druid and heal/dps on a shaman, and I have all 4 roles set up almost exactly the same since it's a pain to save addon settings per character (I'm also an altoholic) and switch multiple addons' profiles every time I switch specs.
    Thanks!
    You might have some luck with this: Reflux @ Curse

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Perfect! HUGE convenience. It's working with everything except Stuf right now, so I'll just have to tinker and see if I can fix it. Thanks! =)

Right on the addon page it mentions Stuf, and says you have to add it so that it can emulate a profile.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's been asked, But is there an add on that allows the chat window/combat window to be tab accessible?

I just want a tab or bind to hide it when im not using it and vice versa to clear up my screen that much more.

Try Chicchai

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Right on the addon page it mentions Stuf, and says you have to add it so that it can emulate a profile.
    Right. For some reason it wasn't emulating, but deleting the profile I was working on and creating a new one fixed it. =)

Deleted
    Does anyone know a good marking addon? Just one something extremely simple - I press a button that marks my current target with a skull, different buttons for different marks etc

Deleted
    Main menu -> Key bindings. You can already bind raid targets.

Starting from Scratch for Cata

I've experimented with a lot of different addons and settings during WotLK and want to start fresh for Cata. What's the best method for completely starting fresh and rebuilding a UI from the ground up: complete reinstall? or just will just cleaning out the Addons and WTF folder do the trick? (and if it's complete reinstall, is it best to start when 4.0.1 drops or wait until the expac hits?)

I'll be keeping a copy of the existing WTF folder in case of emergency.

The only thing I've modified outside the Addons and WTF folder was probably the fonts...which I'm assuming I can probably copy over from the PTR copy into the Live one, correct?

Deleted
    Simply dropping Interface and Addons should reset your UI (unless you have custom fonts, in which case you might want to remove the Fonts one too).

Yeah you can rename your folder InterfaceOLD and WTFOLD or whatever and when the game sees that the folder it is looking for is not there, it will create a brand new default one, but you still have yours on backup.

Awesome. Thanks all that replied.

Deleted
    hi could some1 tell me if i can make 2 addon folders, 1 for each account. 1 mine and the other of my brother.
    i wanted to have separate folders so we dont mess with the addons of each other

Deleted
    Addon folders are already separated by account. WTF\Account\ACCNAME_IN_CAPS.

EDIT: If you mean interface folders, as long as you don't uninstall anything, you should be fine.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goingtokillyou View Post
    hi could some1 tell me if i can make 2 addon folders, 1 for each account. 1 mine and the other of my brother.
    i wanted to have separate folders so we dont mess with the addons of each other
    Actually, if you both use the same addons, just have them set up differently, I'd use the addon Reflux. This allows you to swap between addon setups (including turning off/on addons) with a simple command: /reflux switch <profilename>

Set up one profile for you, one for your brother, and you can just type that command to swap back and forth (if necessary).

However, if you don't want to do that, you can make a second "Addons" folder, and you just have to rename the Addons folders. If I'm John and my Brother is Frank, when I wanted to play and he had just played, I'd rename the "Addons" folder to "Addons.Frank", and then I'd rename "Addons.John" to "Addons". When Frank wants to play, he just renames "Addons" to "Addons.John" and then renames "Addons.Frank" to "Addons". This way, it's easy to see who's addons folder is currently active.

Deleted
    ok, thanks for the quick replies
    edit: i meant the interface folders sorry for not being clear

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2-8vb-mTm0

where can i get this UI ?

Oddly enough that does look vaugely famillar, primarily due to the unitframes.
    Not sure if it was ever released as a compilation, but it was discussed a while back on this forum.
    Little in there that is particuarly unusual, so outside of the unitframes then nothing will take much time to recreate from various addons.
    If there are any specific addons or features that interest you then fire away and we will see what we can do.

Edit: I actually have a request.
    Is there an addon which will allow searching for a combat log event.
    I want something that would allow me to do identify the source of the likes of the train set, leather balls etc.
    I am not looking for something with a fixed list, since I may wish to expand upon it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-10-10 at 12:26 AM.

UIs really not my thing but he mentions in the youtube comment that he uses SexyCooldowns, RoguePowerBars, and Shadowed Unit Frames.

and CN aww why ruin the fun. Trees can probably crank some code out like the Fish Feast code.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I should be able to find what I'm looking for but it's eluding me. I am just looking for a mod to show my abilities on cooldown as bars on my screen that count them down.