SexyCooldown or CoolLine or ForteXorcist (which has way too much bloat imo).

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Depends if you want one bar with several icons, or several bars.
    NeedToKnow is my preferance for multiple bars, since as Lawomous stated Forte is way too bloated.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    NeedToKnow looks nice. Does it show cooldowns as well? It doesn't mention it in the description.

Yeah it does, you just change the bar type to Spell Cooldown.

It can do cooldowns, and internal cooldowns on say trinkets etc too.
    Best demonstrated in this video by Kripparian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Edit: I actually have a request.
    Is there an addon which will allow searching for a combat log event.
    I want something that would allow me to do identify the source of the likes of the train set, leather balls etc.
    I am not looking for something with a fixed list, since I may wish to expand upon it.
    Can do, one sec.

EDIT: Done.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-10 at 09:00 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice! Thanks ComputerNerd and lawomous. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Deleted

Question

Ok so the addon I use now wich I got today from Treeston Links the spell dispersion and adds a text when I use it and the same when it ends, code included.
    Now what I would like it to do more is:
    1. Link Mindcontrol the same way with the message "Casting [Mind Control]on target Protect me please!" and on interupt "INTERUPTED [Mind Control] on target", if it is just canceld or the mob dies it would be nice if it says "[Mind Control] ended"
    2. "Casting [Divine Hymn]Duration 8 Seconds" and on interupt "INTERUPTED[Divine Hymn]", if it is just canceld or it runs the full channel it would be nice if it says "[Devine Hymn] Ended"
    3. "Casting [Hymn of Hope]Duration 8 Seconds" and on interupt "INTERUPTED[Hymn of Hope]", if it is just canceld or it runs the full channel it would be nice if it says "[Hymn of Hope] Ended"
    4. "Casting [Shackle Undead]on target!"

If any1 could help it would be awesome

Code:
    local function getchat()
    	return GetRealNumRaidMembers()>0 and "RAID" or GetRealNumPartyMembers()>0 and "PARTY"
    end
    local a = CreateFrame("Frame")
    a:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
    	self.pguid = self.pguid or UnitGUID("player")
    	local args = {...}
    	if (args[3] == self.pguid or args[6] == self.pguid) and args[9] == 47585 then
    		local c = getchat()
    		if not c then return end
    		if args[2]=="SPELL_AURA_APPLIED" then
    			SendChatMessage("Casting \124cff71d5ff\124Hspell:47585\124h[Dispersion]\124h\124r duration 6 Seconds", c)
    		elseif args[2]=="SPELL_AURA_REMOVED" then
    			SendChatMessage("\124cff71d5ff\124Hspell:47585\124h[Dispersion]\124h\124r ended", c)
    		end
    	end
    end)
    a:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")

Deleted
    You might want to check ForteXorcist which does quite a few of those. Pretty sure there are others too.

Deleted
    will do ty

---------- Post added 2010-10-10 at 05:11 PM ----------

it had some nice functions but didnt really do any of the things I want or atleast not where I could find in setings
    Last edited by mmoc2f89cee44b; 2010-10-10 at 03:13 PM.

i need someone to recode or fix wtf archud addon for cata. i cant live without it and i wont change to icehud so dont even go there :P

arcgud is the best!

I am not sure if I am missing something really obvious, but all I am getting is chat spammed with what I imagine to be every combat log event, irrespective of my attempt to create filters.
    I tried removing the already existing filters with /clogfilter remove 1, etc.
    I added the heavy leather ball by the id numbers for the throwing by

/clogfilter add 23135
    /clogfilter add 32169

Before that, or even after it my chat still gets filled with everything happening nearby.
    Seems to be matching every event.

Deleted
    First, delete all combat log filters you have :P
    /clogfilter list, then /clogfilter remove until all are gone.

Next, add them properly. Check the event doc page, identify that spellName is arg10, then do:
    Code:
    /clogfilter add 10="Heavy Leather Ball"
    EDIT: Or identify that spellID is arg9 and do:
    Code:
    /clogfilter add 9=23135
    EDIT again: Oh yes, you just lost any justification for telling people "why are you asking this, it is in the addon's description"
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-10-10 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Hi, Could any one give some clarification on the changes made to the API in the next patch (or wont that be till cataclysm) put a lot of time into fitting my current ui to my needs trough lua coding and would like to know how screwed it's gonna be

You could try this Asthor: AfterCast

And I don't think the API changes were released yet officially.

Deleted
    yeah aftercast would work but I want the little blue link box of the spell not just plain text :/

Hi. I'm having trouble getting all the font styles the same on each addon, as most of them don't have options for outlines and/or shadows. What i'm wanting is an outlined, non shadowed style. I've managed to achieve this on some addons, but not others. Here's the addons that I haven't been able to configure:

Addons I need to add an outline to: Deus Vox Encounters, Recount, ForteXorcist Spell Timer.
    Addons I need to remove the shadow from: Prat, Gnosis, Deus Vox Encounters, Satrina's Buff Frames, Grid, Recount, Omen, Shadowed Unit Frames, ForteXorcist Spell Timer.

If anyone can help me to configure even some of these it would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    I remember seeing that before. Not that I'll help much, but either a Kriparrian (Exodus) or Paragon
    video where a rogue had the same UI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh7kQkQkLik

That. But I can't see his name in the video :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velran View Post
    Hi. I'm having trouble getting all the font styles the same on each addon, as most of them don't have options for outlines and/or shadows. What i'm wanting is an outlined, non shadowed style. I've managed to achieve this on some addons, but not others. Here's the addons that I haven't been able to configure:

Addons I need to add an outline to: Deus Vox Encounters, Recount, ForteXorcist Spell Timer.
    Addons I need to remove the shadow from: Prat, Gnosis, Deus Vox Encounters, Satrina's Buff Frames, Grid, Recount, Omen, Shadowed Unit Frames, ForteXorcist Spell Timer.

If anyone can help me to configure even some of these it would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried Fontain? (wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/fontain.aspx)

Yes, I use it already. It doesn't have a options for specific addons, or options to remove font shadows. I'm assuming the solution is going to be something LUA related, but I know little about it. Can anyone help me?