[Rogue] Selection of trinkets

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty sure that there have been previous discussions/topics about this subject, but I still felt bringing it up since some of the combat ratings have changed and hidden cooldowns have popped out of nowhere, all in all - things have changed.

My question was - I've been trying to get my hands on Dragonspine Trophy for a while now, I'm in a guild that has both Black Temple and Mount Hyjal on farm which basically means that our members can't be bothered with Gruul anymore. But I still go there since I am quite desperate for the trinket, forming PUGs weekly with one restriction; if the trinket drops it will go to me automatically, which was fine with people.

Now I've seen countless people that get the trinket from their own Gruul runs or what not, and I'm starting to get the feeling that the random drop system in WoW hates me, in a way.

Now I'm standing on 32 Gruul kills and I haven't seen the trinket drop once, I feel like giving up - however, looking at Rogue DPS Spreadsheets, the Dragonspine Trophy is 53(if I remember correctly) AE points ahead of all the other trinkets, which makes this trinket absolutely amazing.

To finally get to the point, I'm a Combat Swords specced Rogue and I'm currently next in line for Madness of the Betrayer, I was thinking of using that together with Dragonspine Trophy, but I'm forced to keep using my Ashtongue Exalted trinket - I'd like to get some opinions on this matter, whether I should just let it go or if I should keep going for Dragonspine Trophy. Please share your experience you've had with this trinket and if it's still worth getting after the hidden cooldown and haste nerf.

Thanks a lot for reading!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: [Rogue] Selection of trinkets

Nothing beats it or comes close. Should be simple enough answer.

i finally saw it after about 25 gruul kills or so, and lost the roll, so don't feel bad, keep trying :P

and yes it is amazing for any heavy hitters.

If you want to be the best of the best then yes keep going for it. On the other hand, you already have the 2 highest dungeons on farm status without that trinket, so it's up to you to decide if it's really worth getting even though you obviously don't need it.

I managed to get it just before we stopped with Gruul and once you experience it with your own character you'll really see why it's so insanely good. Also even if you do get it, don't use it along with madness of the betrayer, but use it with the ashtongue trinket, it's better. Ashtongue is the second best trinket, beaten only by DST itself.

I got DST from my first visit at Gruul's.

we recently killed Kael thas and Winterchill so T6 instances are our next goal. My opinion is: get Tsunami Talisman! its an insane combo. every ~45sec 340 AP + 21% speed is sick and beats every other trinket combo imo. So i'm almost everytime first concerning damage.

I'm in the same position as you. Never had one drop for us, we've got MH/BT on farm for some time now and I have horrible luck with trying to get it in a PUG to boot.

I'm surprised it shows up that far ahead of the broken Ashtongue trinket, though. Has that been updated for its hidden cooldown? Even if it it's up _exactly_ when the hidden cooldown is off, it should work out to 40 AP, 72 Haste Rating "passive". That shouldn't beat what is more or less 145 passive Crit Rating unless the hidden cooldown is not as long as I thought it was (45s).
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurfab
    I got DST from my first visit at Gruul's.

we recently killed Kael thas and Winterchill so T6 instances are our next goal. My opinion is: get Tsunami Talisman! its an insane combo. every ~45sec 340 AP + 21% speed is sick and beats every other trinket combo imo. So i'm almost everytime first concerning damage.
    You might as well get warpspring coil from lootreaver which is better than tsunami talisman.

I'm in the same position as you. Never had one drop for us, we've got MH/BT on farm for some time now and I have horrible luck with trying to get it in a PUG to boot.

I'm surprised it shows up that far ahead of the broken Ashtongue trinket, though. Has that been updated for its hidden cooldown? Even if it it's up _exactly_ when the hidden cooldown is off, it should work out to 40 AP, 72 Haste Rating "passive". That shouldn't beat what is more or less 145 passive Crit Rating unless the hidden cooldown is not as long as I thought it was (45s).
    DST cooldown is 20 seconds, and the buff lasts 10 seconds, you do the math. The proc chance is insanely high as well so yes you can pretty much except it to be up as soon the cooldown is over.

Is it just me or is it a little sick that Gruul offers (one of) the best melee trinket in the game? A trinket which btw seems to have very low drop chance.

Quote Originally Posted by SimTex
    Is it just me or is it a little sick that Gruul offers (one of) the best melee trinket in the game? A trinket which btw seems to have very low drop chance.
    It's indeed quite sad, ran another Gruul's Lair run yesterday night, no trinket ofcourse. Managed to pick up Madness of the Betrayer last night though, so I'm waiting for that trinket so I can replace it again, however - I'm thinking of keeping Madness of the Betrayer just for the passive stats to pump my hit up more so I can f. ex. gem other stuff with 10 agility gems and what not, but I guess the *almost* 6% passive crit is superior to 20 hit, 84 AP and 300 CoH Armor Penetration.

Thanks a lot for all the replies by the way, in a positive way - it's good to see that I'm not the only one with this problem, guess I'll just keep running Gruul's and use other trinkets in the meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Yeah, it has - and I was just as suprised as you are, the spreadsheet I used has been updated last at the 17th of december if I remember correctly, you can find the spreadsheet here; http://rogue.raidcal.com/

And I guess Lesane's explanation confirms how good this trinket actually is. I've got my hopes up again, I'll keep running that damned instance into oblivion if I have to

I have had the same luck as you. Never seen a dst drop, didn't have the dkp when the trinket off leo dropped or for Madness. I lost the roll on warp spring coil too.
    btw who made your sig?

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotics
    I have had the same luck as you. Never seen a dst drop, didn't have the dkp when the trinket off leo dropped or for Madness. I lost the roll on warp spring coil too.
    btw who made your sig?
    I made it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane

DST cooldown is 20 seconds, and the buff lasts 10 seconds, you do the math. The proc chance is insanely high as well so yes you can pretty much except it to be up as soon the cooldown is over.
    Is it only 20? I'd heard it was something much higher, around 45; if it's only 20 then it's massively better post-nerf than I thought. I don't actually have one so I didn't follow the testing threads all that closely.

In which case, nevermind. And never seeing one ever sucks even more.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Deleted

First of all Falter, gratz to your warglaive, I wish mine will drop soon too :>

In my opinion, either the combo DST + Ashtounge Exalted or DST + Tsunami Talisman are the best possible combos for a rogue. Madness of the betrayer is in my eyes not as good as the warpspring coil, because they both have the same proc rate, and 1k armor penetration are better than 300 + permament 81 AP

Btw, DST was nerfed twice:

- it has got a 20 second internal cooldown
    - the overall haste nerf

but it's still the very best trinket for a rogue in the game !

Quote Originally Posted by Falter
    I made it myself.
    Make me just like it with a human male black hair and i will love you.
    ps player name is hipno

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotics
    Make me just like it with a human male black hair and i will love you.
    ps player name is hipno
    Haha, I'll see if I can be bothered enough to make you one.