2.3.3 on live realms, PaperIdol, Voice chat contest

No blue post today because yesterday was Martin Luther King's day in the US and nobody was working @ Blizzard, however we do have the 2.3.3 release to keep you busy and maybe something nice later today. ^^

2.3.3 Patch on live servers
    The 2.3.3 patch will be deployed on live servers today, patch mirrors are now available.

Patch mirrors
    WoW-2.3.2.7741-to-2.3.3.7799-enUS-patch.exe [Download]
    WoW-2.3.2.7741-to-2.3.3.7799-enGB-patch.exe [Download]
    WoW-2.3.2.7741-to-2.3.3.7799-deDE-patch.exe [Download]
    WoW-2.3.2.7741-to-2.3.3.7799-frFR-patch.exe [Download]
    WoW-2.3.2.7741-to-2.3.3.7799-esES-patch.exe [Download]

Below are the latest PTR notes, the post will be updated if there is any change with the live patch.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft PTR Patch 2.3.3

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

General
    • Some players may notice improved data load times when newly entering the world and after zoning into new areas.
    • Character/NPC load times have been decreased, and now should appear faster. You’re not hearing voices, there really are people in Shattrath!

Bug Fixes
    • Felspine the Greater in Shadowmoon Valley will no longer evade when engaged.
    • Guttripper in Nagrand will no longer evade when engaged.
    • Players will now be correctly credited with their arena points if they purchase an arena item during weekly arena calculations.
    • Using a castsequence macro on a target moving out of range will no longer cause it to stop working.

WoW PaperIdol Beta
    We've got another "model viewer" link today, this one is a very early beta and you might want to contribute to the project if you've got a few good ideas when it comes to designing signatures and things like that.

By going on http://www.grumpycoder.net/signatures/generate.html you will be able to create a signature and an avatar based on your in game character model, however there are a few restrictions :
    • Your face/hair style/hair color/facial hair style can't be gathered from your armory profile, and you'll have to use the "Customization" sub menu if you want the avatar to exactly match your ingame character.
    • Same problem with the hide helm/cloak. (It will probably be added to the customization menu soon)
    • It's an early beta, you can only get a very basic avatar or signature for the moment.

It seems that it was released a few days ago, and I figured out it might be a good idea to give it some support because we could definitely get something nice for the community out of this. If you've got any feedback or suggestion related to this tool please use Grumpycoder.net forums

Your signature/avatar will be available through a link that look like : [nobbc]http://grumpycoder.net/signatures/**************************/signature.jpg[/nobbc] (avatar.jpg for the avatar, obviously). If for some reason there is something bugged with it you can replace avatar.jpg/signature.jpg with taint.txt to manually refresh your character data.

Example : (This is obviously not my character, but I'm not popular enough to post a green-geared character and look cool)

European voice chat contest winners
    The list of voice chat contest winners has been published on the european official site, there are a bunch of nice wallpapers to get if you want to take the time to go through all the winning entries of the wallpaper contest.

Re: 2.3.3 on live realms, PaperIdol, Voice chat contest

Totally overloaded :-\
    Can't even choose my realm.

Woot!

Yes, this is totally overloaded. Please keep in mind we're hosting this on a private home adsl network, so it's not really scaled for a high traffic usage ^^

Sorry for the inconvinience, I hope the status of the server will get better after the first rush.

Thanks

------ edit ------

People, stop hitting the links with the ****** in them in Boubouille's news, they are fake, demonstrative links, and will show nothing ^^

Gah i had this idea since december but due to fucking high work load on university i havn't been able to finish it. Well on to next wow related idea.

and maybe something nice later today. ^^
    Oh you are starting to talk like the devs:P Maybe some proper 2.4 info? :P

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• Some players may notice improved data load times when newly entering the world and after zoning into new areas.
    I hope this counts for me too with my 35 megabyte Kerp interface :|

Even crysis loads faster ^^