Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    The 2.3.3 patch isn't very exciting, but I do have something interesting to post today. If you read my news carefully you probably saw the screenshot of Sunwell loots I posted a few days ago and I probably was the first to publicly claim "LOL FAKE !".

    However, it looked real, too real to not be checked and I spent the week trying to gather information in a few places, and it became very interesting. I can now say that these loots are most likely real, and you will probably see most of them in Sunwell Plateau. (95% chance to see them, I'll keep the 5% chance that they're fake just to feel secure) There is obviously no official source to confirm this, but most of you know that I wouldn't post this without a good reason.

    • Items seems to be ilvl 154~155
    • At least one of them is ilvl 164 (Apolyon, the Soul-render), we can assume it's a loot from Kil'jaeden. I didn't try to get the ilvl for all items, maybe there are more loots from KJ.
    • Even if they're legit, these stats are probably from early beta servers and could be changed/removed once the 2.4 patch is released on PTR.
    • The feral staff is with the caster weapons, I know, I'm not redoing the screenshot just because of that. :/
    • Nothing is confirmed by Blizzard, trust it at your own risks.
    • (Bonus) It seems that the Arena Season 4 sets will be named "Brutal Gladiator". This one is still fairly unconfirmed though.

    All these items are from the old screenshot posted a few days ago, I did a clean version to make it more readable. Here you go !

    Obviously, that's not all the Sunwell loots, there are many more that we'll be able to discover once the PTR patch is released ... soon ?


  2. #2

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    interesting indeed...brutal gladiator tho, meh, that doesn't flow as well as the others.

  3. #3

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Items on that screen are the same as from the screenshot posted a few days ago which were supposed to be 'fake'...

  4. #4

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    You're kidding, right? There's grammatical and spelling mistakes in more than a few items, coupled alongside the fact that there is no way for this to be released right now. Leaked items come from data-mining on PTRs for the most part, the latest PTR was for a minor patch and there is no chance of Blizzard just "accidentally" slipping in a ton of Sunwell loot. Also, if these screenshots were taken in-game, there would be a background behind the text.

    How could you possibly think this was real?

  5. #5

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    @stereoprologic : That's why you read posts before replying.
    @Person : Early test versions for the grammar/spelling errors (I also had to rewrite all the tooltips to clean them and probably added a few errors by myself), original screenshot has been posted a few days ago if you want to check it (and you can actually remove the game in the background of item tooltips pretty easily).

    Most of the datamining is from the PTRs, however sometimes someone from Blizzard send a screenshot to his friends/guild and it ends up leaked, it already happened in the past with AQ40 for example.

  6. #6

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    @stereoprologic : That's why you read posts before replying.
    @Person : Early test versions for the grammar/spelling errors (I also had to rewrite all the tooltips to clean them and probably added a few errors by myself), original screenshot has been posted a few days ago if you want to check it (and you can actually remove the game in the background of item tooltips pretty easily).

    Most of the datamining is from the PTRs, however sometimes someone from Blizzard send a screenshot to his friends/guild and it ends up leaked, it already happened in the past with AQ40 for example.
    The original screenshot has many of the same grammatical errors. Blizzard almost never puts an item in-game with an error in it's text, much less multiple ones at the same time. The original also has the backgrounds, however they are not from any new area so that doesn't add any credibility.

  7. #7

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Well actually you're free to not trust me, it's not like it will change a lot of things to me, but trust me I'm fully aware that normal players couldn't see these items on PTRs at the moment, they don't even have the DBCs to show the item spells clientside and even if they were "available" on the server they still wouldn't be able to get the stats.

  8. #8

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Archon's Gavel (healing main hand mace)
    164-247 damage
    = 205.5 avg. damage

    205.5 / 1.80 = 114.2 dps, not 41.6

  9. #9

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Yeah, typo when I redid the screenshot, damage are 16-134, will fix it.

  10. #10

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Fake.

    Look at some of the items, like the first staff. "intellect" is not capitalized. Glimmering Naaru Sliver (trinket) doesn't say Requires Level 70.

    I'm 99.9% sure this is fake. Waste of a news post IMO.

  11. #11

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Read the post, as I said I had to re-did the screenshot to make it more readable, the original one is still available here : http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...unwellfake.jpg

  12. #12
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    25

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Agreed, I was just looking at the Druid staff to make a determination. The item developers finally normalized Druid weapons to consistently match the DPS of same-level "human" weapons. All you have to do is follow this equation: DPS = (Feral weapon AP / 14) + 55, then compare it to any same-level weapon.

    You can check it out yourself by comparing gladiator feral weapons with gladiator 2H sword, axe, etc. Season 3 weapons match at ~134 DPS. If the DPS from this Sunwell staff were equal to Apolyon then I'd put some credence to these items. But the feral staff is off by 8 DPS at 140.5. Apolyon shows 148.7. Since the devs went to such a huge effort to normalize feral weapons, I couldn't fathom them messing up now.

  13. #13

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Apolyon ilvl - 164
    Feral staff ilvl - Didn't check but I'll suppose 154

  14. #14

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    I agree with Windcape. The Apolyon weapon has a warrior adjusted dps of ~173. In comparison, a s2 2hander is ~140, a s3 is ~150, and the current highest 2h in the game is Cataclysm at ~156. This puts the Apolyon a full 2 seasons ahead of our current one. Either these stats are incorrect, or Blizzard intends to put s5 weapons in competition against s3 wielding non-raiders.

  15. #15

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Apolyon ilvl - 164
    Feral staff ilvl - Didn't check but I'll suppose 154
    you forgot the +75 strength on the druid staff, that's why it looks so poor for a sunwell item.

  16. #16

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Hmm ... Oops ? ^^

    This could explain why I sorted it under caster items, will try to fix this without wasting the rest of the screenshot.

    Edit : Done.

  17. #17

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Seeing a MH Sword that is actually an upgrade from Talon of Aszhara is kind of nice, even if the offhand sword is some weird DPS/Tanking hybrid sword, and still worse than Blade of Savagery... and tons of Sta on both items, typical non-optimized melee DPS weapons, so I'll believe they're real.

  18. #18

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Person
    The original screenshot has many of the same grammatical errors. Blizzard almost never puts an item in-game with an error in it's text, much less multiple ones at the same time. The original also has the backgrounds, however they are not from any new area so that doesn't add any credibility.
    Along the same lines as what Boubouille said with AQ stuff getting leaked, I remember a ring from AQ (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=21836#comments), with a spelling error. Also, this is internal testing, things get changed. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out though.

  19. #19

    Look at the Icons!

    One important thing I think we're all missing is the icons. I've never seen them before.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but they're all new icons in the original picture. Here look:

    (I had to zoom in Microsoft Picture Manager to see them all well. Save them so you can too.)
    The one on the left looks like a dagger, the othere two look like staffs.


    Bottom left looks like a sunwell type sheild, middle right a dagger, top right a sword.


    Top icon looks like a staff, second from bottom (orange and dark brown)
    looks too dark to tell, but seems new.


    Purple crystal and grey sheild.



    However, the shoulders look like T3 shaman on a human recolored.
    Blizzard said they would reuse T3...but only in Naxx. So I have my doubts there.


    And here, original:


  20. #20

    Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

    Good point on the icons, thanks for the zoomed screens.

    Although, I wuoldn't say the shoulders are recolored shaman t3 - the 'ball' is different and it seems that those shoulders only seem to have three spikes whereas the shaman t3 ones had 6 (and those were slightly different, I think?). Check this screen for a close up look at the shaman t3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •