Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Sunwell Loots - Not so fake.

Why the huge disparity between the caster mace and dagger?

I don't think I've ever seen such a huge gap in damage in caster weapons from the same instance. The +spell dam and +spell crit would put the dagger at least 30 ilvls above the mace, and that's about as big a difference between the Staff of Infinite Mysteries (Kara, Curator drop) and the Nexus Key (Kael'Thas loot).

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeast
    Fake.

Look at some of the items, like the first staff. "intellect" is not capitalized. Glimmering Naaru Sliver (trinket) doesn't say Requires Level 70.

I'm 99.9% sure this is fake. Waste of a news post IMO.
    Quest reward?

Look at all the quest rewards for turning in hearts and heads. Choose your reward. They never say "requires lvl"

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=8183
    http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=7491
    http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=7784
    http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11002

etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Caeruleas
    Why the huge disparity between the caster mace and dagger?

I don't think I've ever seen such a huge gap in damage in caster weapons from the same instance. The +spell dam and +spell crit would put the dagger at least 30 ilvls above the mace, and that's about as big a difference between the Staff of Infinite Mysteries (Kara, Curator drop) and the Nexus Key (Kael'Thas loot).

Maybe some are purple from sunwell 5 man heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanae
    Maybe some are purple from sunwell 5 man heroic?
    That kinda makes sense... but didn't Blizz say that the welfare epics from Magister's Terrace will only be Upper Kara quality? That mace is ridiculously amazing if it drops from there.

edit: Podcast transcription, 16m26s --
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...=3449.msg31851

Final Heroic loot is only on par with Prince, and the Mindblade only has 203 spell dam.

Obviously, fake or real (I am tempted to believe they were real) sunwell is still a long way off and things like tweaking to both the stats and the text of the items is still in progress.
    Some testing will always go over any item, and nothing it perfect at first creation.

Even if they were real, the chance is pretty big that Blizz will throw some stats around and change the names, just because it was out already.

We will see.

as i understood it s4 was going to be t3 sets, so perhaps seeing some if not all t3 items recolored would not be unreasonable. i remember a big buzz on warrior forums above finally being able to pvp/dps in dreadnaught set, since it always looked too good to be tanking gear. and if this is internal testing, its not unlikely to see shaman t3 on a human. only sad thing is that blizz said they would recolor t3, meaning we will probably be in brown/blue and not that awesome black.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    as i understood it s4 was going to be t3 sets, so perhaps seeing some if not all t3 items recolored would not be unreasonable. i remember a big buzz on warrior forums above finally being able to pvp/dps in dreadnaught set, since it always looked too good to be tanking gear. and if this is internal testing, its not unlikely to see shaman t3 on a human. only sad thing is that blizz said they would recolor t3, meaning we will probably be in brown/blue and not that awesome black.
    I'm pretty sure Blizz has said that they'll rehash T3 for WotLK's Naxx, so it'd be kinda weird for them to use those models now. They're gonna make a different set of models for Sunwell, so they'll probably use those for S4.

Tier 3 Models in Naxxramas:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=3122.0

Actually i don't know whre you get the information that these items are ilvl 154/164 (which the real ones probably will be).

You just have to compare some of them with the existing ones (or just calculate the ilvl but the first approach is more "visible").

Take the Healer staff (Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei) and compare it to Apostle of Argus (ilvl 151, max at this time). The new Healer staff should get a maximum increase of 13 ilvl (if Blizz stays with the system, new "normal" bosses 3 lvls above last tiers "end"boss. New endboss 10 lvls higher). What it actualy gets is:

- 2 sta
    - 5 int
    ~- 1 spi (23 mp5 is about 58 Spi in itempoints)
    + 64 heal (biggest increase up to date on a healer weapon from one tier to another, should get less actually for higher tiers as stacking one stat on a item increases the actual itempoints the stat contributes (because of ((itemstat1*itempoints1)^1.5 +(itemstat2*itempoints2)^1.5 +(itemstat2*itempoints2)^1.5 +.. )^2/3
    + 32 haste
    + 3 sockets (!)

so with just blue socketing you can for example get a 118 plus on heal from only this item (along with increased haste rating)

The calculated itemlvl is nowhere near 154 or even 164. It's about 20 points higher in the 180 region.
    Only seen from the increase in the stats (which is as said overall higher than between lower tiers, whereas it should be lower due to the calculation of the ilvl) you see, that some of these items are way too good. The ilvl increase on this weapon (from Archi to sunwell normal boss or endboss) ranges as high as the increase from normal kara boss item to Kael/Vashj loot.....

Gotta be fake cos there's no ranged weapons for my Hunter

@ Boubouille; can you confirm if whats changed your mind is just the general ilvl of things (aka things you bullet pointed) or something you 'dont want to say'?

Quote Originally Posted by Maifax
    @ Boubouille; can you confirm if whats changed your mind is just the general ilvl of things (aka things you bullet pointed) or something you 'dont want to say'?
    boub is actually a WoW GM and leaked them from his own personals test on GM private server.

then what will be the point in legendary warglaves? for looks? =)

Compare Reign of Misery with Sunflare.

Also look at Shard of Contempt. "Equip: Chance on hit to increase your attack power by 230 for 20 seconds."

What item out there is currently "Equip: Chance on hit" ? I think if it was a real item it would have said "Chance on hit: Increases attack power etc, etc"

I'm calling fake.
    I don't read replies, so don't bother.

Isn't it also quite odd that none of the 1h weapons are uniquely equipped?

Apolyon, the Soul-render..... I like the name.. still is so damn powerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowyn
    All the screams of "WoW is dying" is just stupid to me. Their numbers keep going up, how do you explain that? Personally I get really tired of WoW, wait let me rephrase that, personally I get tired of the morons I have to put with when I play WoW. Morons who think that they are entitled something, morons who whimper about the old days when they were screaming about how boring MC was and how they wanted to claw their eyes out. I wish you people could hear/read what you say/post sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by iwt2001
    This puts the Apolyon a full 2 seasons ahead of our current one.
    Its the last TBC instance, with the little info we have on WotLK we can expect another arena season before the next expansion. SW being the final instance that TBC has to offer allows them to make some items bette then they should be, because in all fairness, people wont be using them very long. Remember naxx? Same concept.
    Keep in mind that even if SW gets released bosses will still have to be unlocked by doing daily's serverwide.
    This will take some time aswell due to players not being able to speed it up as was done with AQ40 gates.
    With 2.4 not being on the ptr now, or in the near future, it could take a while before people can even start to begin to practise on KJ.
    They can make the loot as imba as they want, because by the time players will have reached lvl75 they have replaced it by some random questgreen.

moreover, the correct spelling refering to the bible (where apollyon is taken from, you may laugh) is apoLLyon with two L.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollyon

Quote Originally Posted by valeea
    moreover, the correct spelling refering to the bible (where apollyon is taken from, you may laugh) is apoLLyon with two L.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollyon
    The names Apollyon and Muramasa are totally out of place in such lore-heavy content, too.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    [item=17182] , [item=19019] , [item=22632]

The Warglaives will be outdated, as the weapons above allready are. But currently they are still made of win, due to the haste bonus.
    Clearly, pre-BC Legendaries being replaced by BC Epics compares well with lv70 Legendaries being replaced by lv70 Epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeruleas
    The names Apollyon and Muramasa are totally out of place in such lore-heavy content, too.

edit:Clearly, pre-BC Legendaries being replaced by BC Epics compares well with lv70 Legendaries being replaced by lv70 Epics.
    Clearly you never heard of Naxx where we replaced Lv60 Legendaries with Lv60 epics.

Hmm, can someone explain me this here

Increases your expertise rating by 44

Is this a new stat?