Druid's "technical difficulties" and how to beat rogue/druid

Hi there, i was feral for a very long time and i specced resto, i have few things from feral equip(merciles chest, belt, boots) but i am slowly but surely heading to rechange them for resto pieces, but i would like to know, how to play the resto, yesterday we played 3/3s me, lock, rogue... first 15 games was very cool 13:2 but then i made some few mistakes and we started to loose, i have many bad habits from feral like stealth into the middle of fight etc... so i would to know how to play resto so i can confront my playing with yours and find mistakes what i do... thx in advance

anyway I also play 2/2s with SL/SL lock and we are around 1700 all the time, yesterday we met 4 times over rogue/resto druid and we fall from 1740 to 1680 if you have some advice how to beat these guys pls tell me
    On the end of the sixth day, god said: "Not enough mana!"

Re: Druid's "technical difficulties" and how to beat rogue/druid

Quote Originally Posted by Bombaclat
    Hi there, i was feral for a very long time and i specced resto, i have few things from feral equip(merciles chest, belt, boots) but i am slowly but surely heading to rechange them for resto pieces, but i would like to know, how to play the resto, yesterday we played 3/3s me, lock, rogue... first 15 games was very cool 13:2 but then i made some few mistakes and we started to loose, i have many bad habits from feral like stealth into the middle of fight etc... so i would to know how to play resto so i can confront my playing with yours and find mistakes what i do... thx in advance

anyway I also play 2/2s with SL/SL lock and we are around 1700 all the time, yesterday we met 4 times over rogue/resto druid and we fall from 1740 to 1680 if you have some advice how to beat these guys pls tell me
    you should never lose to rogue / rdruid. its your job to keep the rogue off the lock, feral charge, bash, cyclone, and ER should be cycled through and repeated until diminishing returns are up. the lock should be pressuring the druid to heal, via both dmg on the druid / rogue. once possible drain mana should go up on the druid. the lock should be fearing as much as possible, it will not be a quick match by any means, but lock / druid have a huge adv over lock / rogue.

hahaha, i'm ex feral too ^^ respecced only recently to resto and i need to tell myself every damn game not to go to close and try to pounce gets me killed more often then not.

anyways, what's happening in your games? do they kill the lock's pet(s)? does he get knockbacks on his drains? can't you keep up with the damage or the poison stacks? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacristar
    hahaha, i'm ex feral too ^^ respecced only recently to resto and i need to tell myself every damn game not to go to close and try to pounce gets me killed more often then not.

anyways, what's happening in your games? do they kill the lock's pet(s)? does he get knockbacks on his drains? can't you keep up with the damage or the poison stacks? ...
    so we have the same problem ^^ but i dunno i just try to heal my lock but then i cant cc druid or something ... i try to have all the time abolish on him you know.. but my gear still isn't the best and i am running out of mana very soon if they have some healing reducing effect, hunter priest/druid is also very shitty combo for us and i dunno how to play it :X... i need to take many games to get out of feral laming ^^.. and we both dunno how to kill their pets :X if we meet lock or hunter with healer i cant run in travel F cuz they suck my mana ...and i dont have set bonus yet and i am not quick enough..

well i'm not very experienced myself. never even played with a lock in arenas.

but what you can do is double cyclone whoever is applying the healing debuff. that's enough time for the healing debuff to wear whoever you're healing will get the full benefit of the heals.

also, I expect the lock starts out with a felpuppy. that's fine, but if they kill the pet, he has to summon a voidwalker. and you both have to keep an eye on it. if the pet goes to far, it will despawn, so never fight at the outskirts of an arena map, and heal the pet if it's on 60-70%.

other then that, some situations i can understand that you need to give it all you've got to keep your warlock up but usually you can hot him up and cc a bit. at least in 2v2.

as with pets, you can either sleep/root the hunter pets, or dot them up. if it's another warlock against you, dot everyone imho. pet, warlock, healer, everyone! =)

Quote Originally Posted by numblocke
    you should never lose to rogue / rdruid. its your job to keep the rogue off the lock, feral charge, bash, cyclone, and ER should be cycled through and repeated until diminishing returns are up. the lock should be pressuring the druid to heal, via both dmg on the druid / rogue. once possible drain mana should go up on the druid. the lock should be fearing as much as possible, it will not be a quick match by any means, but lock / druid have a huge adv over lock / rogue.
    I disagree with this. Rogues own warlocks so the match completely comes down to who is the better druid. The rogue will force you to pop out of stealth before their druid does so he will be in position to CC you right from the start. Triple cyclone + feral charge + bash + blind and your warlock is awfully close to being dead if not already down.

Rule #1 as a resto druid: Any time you are being hit with a physical attack (warrior/rogue/hunter) be in bear form

we were playing a bit since i posted this topic but i was wondering to few things about my lock... i rlly don't uderstand, why does my lock wanna have felguard instead of felhunter that's first thing, second thing is, that he is quite nervous and he starts to be rlly rlly annoying and he starts to ask stupid questions, this fact could rlly get your game fucked up in bad atmosphere and everything... anyway thx for suggestions, last post from ordin is my situation EXACTlY, and don't worry, i was feral so phys attack and kiting is my favourite job in arenas and bgs :P.. but i use this topic for little offtopicing, what are best combos to 5/5 and 3/3s, about 5/5 I
    have good friend rogue and hunter, so i try to include them ... and best combo what i did is priest/druid healers, rogue lock/mage and hunter... about 3/3s we are going to try hunter lock druid but lock is pve noob and he is raiding all the time... so we can't play too much and reach some good rates... i'm also going to try ret pally, warr, droid, few guys at our server has rlly cool rates with this combo so i wanna try it too any suggestions could be fine thx in advance

/edit... i searched a bit and i found everything what i wanted to know... but anyway thx for every advice what you sent here