Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 2.4 Under Development page and more details

Quote Originally Posted by Hid
    That's not correct. The south dun bunker isn't cap'able by horde without killing 1 of the NPC's, something that takes up very valuable time. Also, when horde runs in to the alliance base, they get hit by all the archers, while alliance can just easily run in to the horde base without taking much damage at all, without aggroing any NPC's, and just cap everything. Ever seen an AV(40vs40) where horde cap'ed the alliance base before alliance cap'ed horde? No? Didn't think so.

In my battlegroup horde wins maby 15-20% of the AV's (rough estimate after grinding over 250k honor for a newly dinged 70 alt).
    It is for a rogue, all you gotta do is Sap that archer and then you can cap it np, I've done it numerous of times. The real tactic is to have rogues rush DB bunkers and defend them

blizzard are morons.

they are asking begging and fucking pushing ppl to complain cry and whine till they get what they want.

some servers horde still get their arses handed to them and you know why ? cause the alliance on that server didn't complain that they couldn't stand behind their tanks and heal to win a bg. hellooooooo game content changes! you have to as well!

"dear blizz i can't do the same things that i used to be able to do to win, could you help me win again plz ? my mum is getting sick of me crying and is going to stop me playing this game if you don't help me win"

pathetic.

AV is the only thing that alliance is actually 'good' ,on my battlegroup allies lose WSG,AB and EOTS, its a pain when you got to farm some tokens from it ...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by xano880
    AV is the only thing that alliance is actually 'good' ,on my battlegroup allies lose WSG,AB and EOTS, its a pain when you got to farm some tokens from it ...
    yeah and you know what?
    all the other battlegrounds are symmetric! so you complain about losing in symmetric battlegrounds? oh welll, you you and your gruop are obviously not able to play properly so you'd stand a chance

blizzard are morons.

they are asking begging and fucking pushing ppl to complain cry and whine till they get what they want.

some servers horde still get their arses handed to them and you know why ? cause the alliance on that server didn't complain that they couldn't stand behind their tanks and heal to win a bg. hellooooooo game content changes! you have to as well!

"dear blizz i can't do the same things that i used to be able to do to win, could you help me win again plz ? my mum is getting sick of me crying and is going to stop me playing this game if you don't help me win"

pathetic.
    So you are being a faction biased child then I presume?

Game content hasn't changed, its still PvE and PvP (sadly its leaning more towards PvP nowadays, but it hasn't changed)

They didn't do this because of whining, they are literally trying to balance things out, I say give them another patch or two and see what happens 2.4 hasn't come out yet and it won't be without extensive testing, so stop whining and start posting and giving feedback instead of "OMG ALLIANCE QQ LAWL PVE NEWBS", that bullshit is really getting on my nerves.

In all actuality in my battlegroup Alliance don't even play AV outside of premades anymore because of the sheer amount of stupidity in it, but a lot of Horde players are the same way as well, stupidity is all around in this game, not focused in one faction, from my experiences to 70 on both factions, 2 servers each, both sides are equally moronic.

Go go internet animosity!
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Item Improvements
    • New Heroic badge rewards
    • Some PvP rewards now obtainable through PvE content
    I wonder what the quality of the new heroic badge rewards is going to be. I am betting between SSC/TK and MH/BT. What do you all think about it? Looks like I can begin to stack up some badges again for main and alts.

So you are being a faction biased child then I presume?

Game content hasn't changed, its still PvE and PvP (sadly its leaning more towards PvP nowadays, but it hasn't changed)
    im talking about av changing - faction bias ? no im specifically bias against those that keep trying the same thing over and over again, which is by the way the definition of insanity when you expect different results.

The south dun bunker isn't cap'able by horde without killing 1 of the NPC's
    Wrong. Both bunkers are easily capped with correct positioning. Rogues and druids can accomplish this with ease - I have done so myself.

Horde have a large tower advantage in that they can easily stealth up into the bunker and cap it without putting the archers into combat - at which point the archers despawn. It's practically impossible for alliance to duplicate this feat due to archer placement. The only reason that alliance caps the base towers first is because of how many horde defend the base - an average of zero per match in the Cyclone group.

Also, when horde runs in to the alliance base, they get hit by all the archers, while alliance can just easily run in to the horde base without taking much damage at all, without aggroing any NPC's, and just cap everything.
    Also wrong; someone will aggro multiple NPCs on the way into the base. However on Alliance, it's easy to mitigate the damage by sending in a warrior in def stance into the base first. And while it is definitely easier for alliance to break combat by riding back behind the keep, that wasn't your complaint.

Ever seen an AV(40vs40) where horde cap'ed the alliance base before alliance cap'ed horde? No? Didn't think so.
    Yes. Non-retarded horde can do this easily, and in Cyclone those are the matches that horde win. YMMV.

In my battlegroup horde wins maby 15-20% of the AV's.
    Are you in Cyclone or Ruin? Otherwise your experience in seeing alliance win most matches is a fluke. The fact is that in 80% of the battlegroups, horde win 75% of AVs.

I've played both factions in Cyclone and horde in AV are as juvenile, argumentative, and uncooperative in AV - and only in AV - as alliance are in all three other BGs. If you want to get your faction winning, lead instead of bitch, and teach instead of misinform (which is what you attempted in this post).

allaince win TONS of AVs on Reckoning (BG1).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

They should just redesign the entire AV map.

Make the whole thing friggin symmetrical. Exact same distances for bunkers, towers, faction start points, exact same hp and positioning of archers etc.

It'll be lame because it will just be a mirror map like all other bg's, but who gives a crap. Making NPC's stronger, moving the starting tunnel etc are just putting a bandaid on a much bigger wound.

All this 'tweaking' they've done to AV is just rubbish and a waste of time. It won't ever be balanced until it's a mirror map.

Stormstrike is just a nightmare anymore for AV, I don't even do it without a premade.

I like the symmetrical idea, but it just loses so much love at the same time, I'd miss the look of it.

I say just give us old AV back and reward marks for graveyard/tower caps, and then 3 marks to everyone if Drek/Van dies and 1 to everyone if Balinda/Galv die.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r082

PvP in this game is not based around backwater battlegroups such as BG1 and crap. It is based around top pvp battlegroups such as BG8 and BG9 where servers have been here since the dawn of WoW and people actually brings real pvp gears to the fight, where top arena teams from here do actually graduate into tournaments. Try fighting there in newbie blue gear. You be picked aprt and killed in seconds after you see the enemy.

You can't talk about balance when most of people in the BG has not even reach the pinnacle of gears yet. You can't tell the difference of which side is good, which side is bad and which side is disadvantaged until most people that you are fighting has as good pvp gear as yourself.

QQ more ? i hear excuse that is all.

im done posting here - too much "your wrong and im right"

facts are AV is changing and alliance did a crap load of whinging.

most even boycotted it all together.

so once again - cry till it changes cause obviously alliance isn't going to change.

Starting the horde boycott of AV now... WTB mirror map so neither side can complain, except about sucking.

Okay, one thing that's going around in my head for quiet a long time now:

How the hell is the alliance able to get to sunwell-isle? Portals? Lolpewpew-Gnomeport? Or do we need exalted with Lolenai Expledition or w/e?

I mean, for horde it's quiet easy. Use a portal to silvermoon city. But the alliance is really fuck'd up :<

Quote Originally Posted by fr0hzn
    Okay, one thing that's going around in my head for quiet a long time now:

How the hell is the alliance able to get to sunwell-isle? Portals? Lolpewpew-Gnomeport? Or do we need exalted with Lolenai Expledition or w/e?

I mean, for horde it's quiet easy. Use a portal to silvermoon city. But the alliance is really fuck'd up :<
    I'm guessing a simple flight-path, just like with Zul'Aman. Surely if those silly Naaru started their offensive, they'd think to bring a flightmaster with them so they can drag more people in to aid them

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cluelessnoob
    Wrong. Both bunkers are easily capped with correct positioning. Rogues and druids can accomplish this with ease - I have done so myself.

Horde have a large tower advantage in that they can easily stealth up into the bunker and cap it without putting the archers into combat - at which point the archers despawn. It's practically impossible for alliance to duplicate this feat due to archer placement. The only reason that alliance caps the base towers first is because of how many horde defend the base - an average of zero per match in the Cyclone group.
    While there is 1 spot, which takes a "lot" of time to get right, it doesn't despawn the archers.

Also wrong; someone will aggro multiple NPCs on the way into the base. However on Alliance, it's easy to mitigate the damage by sending in a warrior in def stance into the base first. And while it is definitely easier for alliance to break combat by riding back behind the keep, that wasn't your complaint.
    If you run into the red portal instead of playing you also lose, lets not discuss balance based on skill, right? An alliance CAN and should avoid all NPC's in the Frostwolf base, anyone short of platewearers WILL die on their way into the alliance base because of said archers.

Yes. Non-retarded horde can do this easily, and in Cyclone those are the matches that horde win. YMMV.

Are you in Cyclone or Ruin? Otherwise your experience in seeing alliance win most matches is a fluke. The fact is that in 80% of the battlegroups, horde win 75% of AVs.

I've played both factions in Cyclone and horde in AV are as juvenile, argumentative, and uncooperative in AV - and only in AV - as alliance are in all three other BGs. If you want to get your faction winning, lead instead of bitch, and teach instead of misinform (which is what you attempted in this post).
    Again don't use skill as an argument towards balance, skill is supposed to be what wins or loses a fight, not the geometry or anything else, if a less-skilled group can win against a team with more skills then that is proof that balance itself is skewed. Someone earlier mentioned AB/WSG/EOTS, and oddly enough on my battlegroup i've won atleast 70% of my BG's there, and oddly enough there are no npc's, no different terrain from one eachother to the point that it gives an tactical advantage.

But oddly enough we can win the matches where skill is the only factor.

This discussion is obviously never gonna end, but i hop there's something anyone can agree to, and that is that AV does need a redesign, and not only on the terrain sides of the matter, but also the base design, the npc design, perhaps even the objective needs to be redesigned.

Perhaps Blizzard shouldn't focus as much on the player interaction and make it more like DotA.

On my German PvE-Server (Alleria) Horde wins maybe 80-90% of all BG's.
    Today was an exaption it seems, we won 3 games in a row in the afternoon!
    But then the Real-Horde came online, and we where doomed to loose

Well, it's definately the lack of skill on our side that makes us loose.
    But there are some disadvantages to both sides that make it difficult in different ways for both sides.

A symetrical map requires more of a map change than to reposition the tunnel of the Horde. But it only might change something. Skill won't pop out of nothing on our side ^^
    The idea of rewarding players that stay behind of the zerg and defend towers&graveyards (like an +Honor/Dmg/whatever-aura at those points) might make it interessting for our side to actually take part in strategic playing, instead of running around alone and trying to get some kills or sth...

Let's wait and see

I really would like to see mature realms added, where credit card validation for 18+ is required or something, to drastically cut down on stupidity.

I sure as hell know I'd play a mature battlegroup over the ones we have now, then I could at least count on the people I play with instead of assuming they are all 8 year old kids <.< (Insert lots of expletives about Night Elf Hunters filling up AV that don't even have a clue how to play their class)

There are enough kiddies out there that would get their parents credit cards
    To bad that wouldn't change much