Best Alliance race for a pvp priest

So I'm gonna roll a priest alliance side, but I'm not sure which race would be my best choice. I'm thinking either dwarf or draenai, but does anyone have anything about which is better?

Deleted

Re: Best Alliance race for a pvp priest

I just rerolled priest on ally side for pvp (dont ask why) and I chose draenei mostly because of Chastise and Symbol of hope. And gift of the naruu stacks with + healing, so its a nice regrowth for priests ;-)

Deleted

Personally I play a dwarf priest, and I think stoneform is underrated. It's very nice to get rid of rogue poison or a viper sting. I'm not sure it's better then symbol of hope/gift of the naaru though.

Something I'd really like to have as a priest in arena is shadowmeldt, perhaps you should consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv
    Personally I play a dwarf priest, and I think stoneform is underrated. It's very nice to get rid of rogue poison or a viper sting. I'm not sure it's better then symbol of hope/gift of the naaru though.

Something I'd really like to have as a priest in arena is shadowmeldt, perhaps you should consider that.
    I thought about NE, but the Dwarf/Draenai racials seem like they'd be alot more useful than being able to hide when you can just stay back for a few seconds till your rogue starts wailing (I play a rogue atm).

Dwarf/Undead if u will aim for arena

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzl
    Dwarf/Undead if u will aim for arena
    What's the advantage to dwarf over draenai? they both have chastise and is stoneform really that great when you get 8 seconds, maybe 16 in an arena fight? an 1k manaless hot seems like a better deal.

Don't forget about Desperate Prayer for Dwarves , Instant heal for no mana that scales with +healing, its for sure better than symbol of hope + gift of the naaru
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

dwarf fo sho!

for reasons already addressed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Degran
    What's the advantage to dwarf over draenai? they both have chastise and is stoneform really that great when you get 8 seconds, maybe 16 in an arena fight? an 1k manaless hot seems like a better deal.
    Except your HoT will get dispelled. Stoneform make you immune to poison (which is a big advantage) and give you more armor (which help too)

And since most 2v2 are won by whos healer mana last longer, NE shadowmeld allow you to get an extra 1-2 water tick.

And if you team with another NE, you can shadowmeld in your starting box and wait for people to get to you. It is alway a big advantage to have the first hit.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Dwarf. No more to be said.
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Dwarf

Really depends upon your bracket of choice.

If doing 2v2, I can only recommend going dwarf - you meet way to many rogues who get all flustered if you can rid yourself of their poisons every once in a while.

If you intend to do 5v5, the question gets more philosphical, since you will probably have 3+ mana classes on your team, and especially if you play attrition strategies, symbol of hope may very well give you a powerful edge. Also your stoneform loses a lot of its power, since you will almost always face a warrior whose mortal strike stoneform will not dispel.

I would deem desperate prayer and blessing of the naaru to be roughly equal - desperate prayer is not interruptable and can not be dispelled - but then again, you can only cast it on yourself.

Chastise is available to both draenei and dwarf and will both give you a powerful tool in 2v2 and 3v3 - it loses a lot of its impact if you go to the bigger 5v5 bracket.

In the end it all boils down to: If you play your priest well and use all abilities to their fullest extent, you should just charge ahead and play a race that suits your taste!

agreed on dwarf. rogues are always sent to annoy priests, and when you can just remove all his poisons and shield/renew with some druid hots or an earth shield, you essentially are resetting the fight in terms of your health without the need of pain suppression. plus as people said desperate prayer is nice, and naaru is seen as any other hot and removed or stolen if possible, i wouldnt rely on that.

I guess the name of an arena team that beat my alts 2v2 can answer your question,

Dorf priest nuff said

Deleted

dwarf for sure !!

if you ever come to your senses roll undead

Dwarf! Because he has a big bushy beard (and hunters and rogues crush priests so poison cleanse is a life saver).

ne-stealth for drinking can be good, and prevent focus
    dwarf stoneform can save some mana or help you to escape from a rogue
    human perception you can see the rogue coming and get him out of stealth before hits youXD

PVP-wise a dwarf is by far the best.

By all means DO NOT roll a human.
    Perception is easily outlasted by a _not retarded_ rogue.
    10% spirit is utterly useless.
    Feedback is just LOL. It sucks donkey balls and will be even worse after 2.4 when res. will reduce mana burns.
    Desperate Prayer is nice, but dwarfs have it as well and the draenei have Symbol of Hope.

When it comes to pvping as a priest I would go as far as saying human is the definitly worst race.

Dwarf if you're only going to do PvP ever, and NE if you're planning on doing any PvE as shadow.