Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weapon of choice for dual wielding fury warrior

Im a DW fury warrior currently using mainhand dragonstrike with akilzon talonblade as offhand.

Entering BT and HJ, there are a variety of weapons that drop off of the first few bosses that has, quite frankly, gotten me vexed. Im wondering which is the best weapon of choice in each slot for dw warriors:

1. MH: Syphon of the Nathrezim OH: Syhon of the Nathrezim ===> the incredible top end damage as well as slow speed will yield a high amt of WW and heroic strike dmg.

2. MH: Syphon of the Nathrezim OH: Swiftsteel bludgeon ===> the swiftsteel bludgeon will contribute its +hit, +haste, as well as generate a hefty amount of rage

3. MH: Rising tide (off of Najentus) OH: Rising tide ===> Same argument as the syphons of the nathrezim except these two axes, although they dont have nearly as much of the high end damage of the syphons...do contribute an insane amount of +hit (42 if used together)

4. Warglaives + warglaives ====> JKJKJK these are not obtainable...for pretty obvious reasons

Any advice would be greatly appreciated since im sure a lotta dw warriors out there have tried a combination of these weapons.

Re: Weapon of choice for dual wielding fury warrior

Good weapon combos, but your forgetting Blade of Savagery and Blade of Infamy.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Hey mate. My guild is currently working on illidan atm and my weapons are currently Dragonstrike MH and Swiftsteel Bludgeon OH and this combo does a good amount of damage. My personal choice of weapons short of the warglaives would have to be syphon from supremus and blade of savagery from mother but neither of these have dropped more than once so QQ lol.

Pre-Warglaives, I would highly suggest Talon of the Phoenix + Blade of Savagery or Swiftsteel, for the sheer stats. Out of the three setups you suggested, however, I guess I would go with the second. Double syphon would be a waste, imo, as you lose out on a good bit of stats for a crappy proc. Also, rising tide is a bit gimply itemized.

get 1850 team rating in Arenas, and get the 2nd best weapons in the game for a fury warr.

Thanks Timding. Im surprised that you're still using dragonstrike that far into the game. I would have thought that their times up to be replaced since there are much more viable items.
    Lets address an issue about your selection. Both of the weapons you use favors haste wheres as if i was to grab 2 syphons, it would favor more raw high end dps. The proc on them are negligent (imo). I dont know what the right answer is here. Im wonder if your dps is going to drop/increase if you drop both of your weapons and replace em with the syphon and blade of savagery (DMG vs haste).

With the recent patch 2.3, i feel that all these 2.6-2.8 speed weapons are the new favored offhand weapon of choice. No longer is it desired to have a slow mainhand and a fast offhand. Im currently wielding dragonstrike mh and talonblade offhand and I still do a hefty amt of dmg (imo har har har)...but if i changed the 1.5 speed talonblade to...lets say Rising Tide (2.6 speed) from Najentus or even a syphon...would i have a higher dps output?

I'm a non-PvP Fury Warrior, so I can't speak to the Arena Gear, but I've actually been a fan of the double Syphon of the Nathrezim setup.

I used Dragonstrike and Hope Ender throughout SSC/TK and early Hyjal, primarily because Talon of Azshara or any other slow weapons refused to drop.

The proc on the Syphons is pretty pointless and I've heard a lot of arguments that it's better to stack weapons with a lot of stats. If you don't have issues with stats, however, from your other gear, the high top-end damage and large instant attacks from WW and Bloodthirst are pretty hard to beat. I think the major trick to dual Syphons being viable is enchants on both. Executioner, Mongoose and Potency of any combination. I stack enough strength so I'd rather have Executioner and Mongoose, but I don't think pre-Warglaives there are many "bad" choices for weapons as Fury.

I dont know why that slipped from my mind...

then again i gotta farm S3 weapons...might take a long time for the points @_@ and/or ratings

Kinda off topic...but

MH+OH Axes? Swords? Maces?

I think a lot of people get hung up on the new whirlwind mechanic, and fool themselves into overvalueing slower weapons. I don't have numbers available currently to back me up, but simply consider how much of your damage is from whirlwind, and then consider how much of that is from the off-hand. The percentage is not particularly significant, I'm sure. Of course if you have two equal stats/dps weapons, pick the slower one, but I think you're making a mistake if you are weighing considerable stat disparities against speed.

Back to the PVE weapon wise. To a certain extent, there are no "bad choices for weapons," but its just that we all have the same goal when fight some boss...and its to dps.

From what im getting from you guys, if your stats are strong enough in your other pieces (230-250 +hit), its a good choice to grab the syphons for their raw dmg. If however, you're gimped for strength, crit, or most importantly, +hit, then grab the other weapons for their stats.

OR I can just "cheat" and grab the arena weapons if i have the points. Thank you fellas. Any other insight that you seasoned fury pros out there can offer would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

Double syphons woudl give you some nice dps with the slow speeds and hard hits. However, other than their raw stats, they are not much to write home about. The proc is extremely weak, and even moreso when you have two slow weapons, since you only drain as many times as you can hit. Plus, since they are shadow damage, they will also steal charges from a warlock's improved Shadowbolt, thus taking away a lot of the rest of the raid's dps.

As for double Rising Tide.... Rising Tide is a "Unique-equipped" weapon, so it's impossible to dual wield them. I would suggest a Vengeful Gladiator's mainhand, with Rising Tide as the offhand for stats. Dragonstrike is also an especially good MH weapon, for the proc.

Actually, the Syphon proc stealing Warlock shadowbolt charges was just a rumor someone started. I've never seen any real evidence that it's true in the least.

Either way, I do agree that the proc on Syphon is pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanith

Either way, I do agree that the proc on Syphon is pretty lame.
    About as lame as the healing from BT.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

leave swords for rogues since it the only pve weapon they can use cause of sword spec and go for axe from najentus and mace from supremus

We got only one talon and fury warrior took it as offhand.. We got lot of flame

our fury warrior uses MH:Talon of the Phoenix OH:Rising Tide.

We are only up to 5/9, but up to that point we get pretty much every weapon drop every week. We have 4 raiding warriors and they all have pretty much one of each weapon. Heck our resto shaman all have rising tides.

Our fury warrior would like to go dual Rising Tides, but it is unique so he can only get one of them.

Mecco

One of our warriors is going to need Talon of Azshara for offhand.. he claims to need it for Whirlwind, whatever.. It doesn´t drop anyway when I´m in the raid.

Best thing is one of the tanks says he will take it for tanking

damn I´m gonna change the guild after this ID, bunch of guys whos NEED keys on the keyboard are all polished because its nearly the only thing they type

Quote Originally Posted by Mecco
    One of our warriors is going to need Talon of Azshara for offhand.. he claims to need it for Whirlwind, whatever.. It doesn´t drop anyway when I´m in the raid.

Best thing is one of the tanks says he will take it for tanking

damn I´m gonna change the guild after this ID, bunch of guys whos NEED keys on the keyboard are all polished because its nearly the only thing they type
    Your warrior is right, but only if he has a good hit rating and some good crit.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

At the moment i'm using Talon of the Phoenix (MH) and Rising Tide(OH) for two reasons, nice OH damage from ww and regular hits, + a nice amount of stats on both weapons. I won't pick up Syphon of the Nathrezim as all of the guides i've read so far and spreadsheets show it as lower dps then my current MH.

Anyways i'd suggest checking EJ forums for this post: http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t17022-w...et_2_3_beyond/

and using the spreadsheet to see what weapons would be best for you. The weapons you choose should always reflect the other gear you're using, you can have amazing weapons and crap gear and vice versa. Balance it all out so your stats don't suffer due to your "ideal" weapons.

If possible get the S3 weapons if not don't underestimate Dragonstrike, there aren't many better MH's atm.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

My personal preference is 2x Blade of Infamy (MH: Executioner, OH: Mongoose of course)
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.