Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 2.4 Patch - New PTR Build

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek
    http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...408_222040.jpg

Ele shaman gladiator 4pc set nerfed to 50% LB pushback resistance from 70%.

Makes sense, we have no CC/escape mechanisms so who needs spell pushback resistance.
    Its still 100% if you have a pally using Imp Conc aura, although its not like shamans need any nerfs to their capacity to function without them in 2's and 3's.

Well when I read there was going to be major pvp changes & balances in 2.4 I never thought it would be this massive of an overhaul! Oh wait, retards strike again!

Anyone find it interesting how they nerf mana drain effects, but at the same time they manage to BUFF Warlock mana drain?

22.83% of mana drain is mitigated with 450 resillience. Mana Drain effect increased by 50%.

GG Blizzard.

Actually the wlock manadrain wasnt as powerfull as the priests/hunters in the past.

Priest: Drains 1021 to 1079 mana from a target. 3s cast
    Hunter: Stings the target, draining 1368 mana over 8 sec. 15s CD
    Wlock: 200 x5 sec channeled

The hunter being instant, i would still argue is better than a channeled spell.

The change just brings the 3 diffrent manadrains closer in perfomance.

Sure in the worst case scenario now the wlock is better off, if the person being drained is in LOS the whole duration. In most cases it evens out alot more tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciadia
    Actually the wlock manadrain wasnt as powerfull as the priests/hunters in the past.

Priest: Drains 1021 to 1079 mana from a target. 3s cast
    Hunter: Stings the target, draining 1368 mana over 8 sec. 15s CD
    Wlock: 200 x5 sec channeled

The hunter being instant, i would still argue is better than a channeled spell.

The change just brings the 3 diffrent manadrains closer in perfomance.

Sure in the worst case scenario now the wlock is better off, if the person being drained is in LOS the whole duration. In most cases it evens out alot more tbh.
    Well I would accept this, but you cant los mana drain the instant they cast the spell.

EDIT: Unless of course channeled spells are cut when you los them now, if thats what your edit implied.

Oh yes.. Hello dragonstrike.
    Perennial Quest

Kchostrae, Shadowsong EU

"EDIT: Unless of course channeled spells are cut when you los them now, if thats what your edit implied."
    Right was thinking it was same as arcane misiles, where the los check happens at each tick.

Personally hate pvp, but los check on all types would only seem fair, personally would only use the spell on stuff like the stuff in aq, which that wouldnt really effect.

That said, since its channeled you loose alot of "casting/channeled time" if your getting hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek
    http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...408_222040.jpg

Ele shaman gladiator 4pc set nerfed to 50% LB pushback resistance from 70%.

Makes sense, we have no CC/escape mechanisms so who needs spell pushback resistance.
    WONNNNNNDERFUL...

Deleted

We all DO know, that blizzard likes the locks...
    Usually i wouldn't flame over such things, but buffing the locks with Manadrain by 50% is just ridiculous.

Hunter: 4x 462 manapoints over 8 seconds with 15 seconds cooldown
    => Meaning about 1700 mana drained every 15 seconds
    => As in arena, it is most likely to be disspelled (pretty often) cuz we only have the scorpid with us!

Priest: No Cooldown and drains something about 800-1000(?) mana over 1.5 seconds (skilled)
    => Going at the manadrain by duration 15seconds would be like 8k mana
    => This is possible, however priest is HIGHLY affected and contered with LOS

Warlock: 5x 300 manapoints over 5 seconds with no cooldown at all
    => 15 seconds would be 15x 300 meaning 4500 Mana drained over 15 seconds
    => It can be countered with disspell (though the lock has more magic on the enemy than this one) and range, as well as silence and interrupt effects.

Looking at all this, i'd say Hunter still is the most powerful Mandrain in SOME way. However the lock has more potential with his crowd control (FEAR) which makes HIS Manadrain so much more better than any other one, this isn't funny anymore.

Locks manadrain already was pretty good, it did not require any buff at all. Lock/Druid for example are so fucking strong because they got fucking awesom CC in both parts, a really great manadrain on one part and ofcourse the healer on the other hand....
    With this buff (though combined with the manadrain/resilence-nerf) every warlock/druid team receives such a fucking enormous buff, it's just not believable.

Getting a Druid OOM already was pretty hard. Now with Locks buff and Druids Resi, it will last 10 more minutes to win....

Gratz looking into changes - just remove the damn 2on2 ....
    (im playing pally/hunter at 2070...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tokiko
    Warlock: 5x 300 manapoints over 5 seconds with no cooldown at all
    => 15 seconds would be 15x 300 meaning 4500 Mana drained over 15 seconds
    => It can be countered with disspell (though the lock has more magic on the enemy than this one) and range, as well as silence and interrupt effects.
    leaving an warlock unattended for 15 seconds in arena means you´re dead anyway, with or without mana...

i have the opinion that the priests manaburn might not be include to that changes, because it makes damage and burns half the mana...
    also the warlocks manadrain got buffed, the hunters vipernsting is a shot and you can´t do anything (priests and droods can, i now)
    but priests have to cast, 2-3 secs till there is an effekt...
    i would like it for the priests, if they won´t be effektect by this =)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky
    leaving an warlock unattended for 15 seconds in arena means you´re dead anyway, with or without mana...
    There's no way at all to conquer HIS way of playing, if he really, really wants it...
    I got Silence, Scatter, Trap and BE-Silence - after that, hes like 15 seconds free, what he wants to do - i got one more silence for him, but this doesn't change the fact, that hes able to start draining once the effect ends...
    I - as the hunter i am - NEED to wait 15 seconds, even if it get's disspelled 0.1seconds after i applied it.....

Trust me, i know PvP pretty well, but this change (i mean solely the buff of locks) was NOT NECCESSARY IN ANY WAY

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxa
    i have the opinion that the priests manaburn might not be include to that changes, because it makes damage and burns half the mana...
    This is wrong unless it's changed on the PTR. Priests tooltip at Liveservers right now:

"Drains 1021 to 1079 mana from a target. For each mana drained in this way, the target takes 0.5 damage." It's not damage, then half mana. It's 1000~ mana and 500 damage, and it isn't affected by +spell damage, Berserk or Power Infusion.

Then again, priests would be the new warlocks if Manaburn did 2042 to 2158 damage, and burned half the mana. Gief!

I feel so fucking sorry for Shamans. One spec good in one bracket in one setup? LOL LETS NERF IT.

uhm i dont get it. didn't s1/2 paladin set always have resiliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay
    uhm i dont get it. didn't s1/2 paladin set always have resiliance?
    Probably talking about Retribution.

The new 4 pc mage bonus reduces casting time of blink by 4 seconds from .15 reduction to polymorph cast time?

There is so much wrong about this it makes my head spin.

Blink is instant cast, and the current bonus is a 2 second reduction to the cooldown. Im going to guess its supposed to be 'reduces the cooldown of blink by 4 seconds' instead.

I've always liked the posts on this site, but since when did you guys hire Elmo to do the writing?

"Mage

4-piece bonus on Season 3 set has been changed to "Reduces the casting time of your Blink spell by 4 sec." (Was a 0.15 sec reduction to Polymorph casting time)"

I mean, honestly... I know we dont all play mages, but how thick do you have to be to believe that Blink has a casting time.. :\
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

It's missing an important change in this patch:
    Warlocks
    • Drain Life now drains 300 per tick from the current 200.
    World of Warcraft is merely a setback...