Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

Quote Originally Posted by numblocke
    Assuming that the target has 0 resil, is within 36 yards (grim reach) and eats a full duration mana drain (6 seconds, 300 mp/s = 1800 mana). Compare that to a priests mana drain, which at present is a mere '1021-1079' + damage. For the sake of argument lets assume that this priest is shadow and isn't spec'd into imp MB (which most would be). thats 6 seconds for roughly 1k dmg + 2200 mb, per compared to the warlocks 6 seconds 0 damage, 1800 mana burnt.
    when was the last time priests mana burn worked when they ran LoS ? QQ it's channeled..

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    What I do feel is that resilliance is destroying the game...
    Having as an assumption that everyone is decked out in res is one stupid way to put things.
    I couldn't agree more.

15+ Year Old Account

Assuming that the target has 0 resil, is within 36 yards (grim reach) and eats a full duration mana drain (6 seconds, 300 mp/s = 1800 mana). Compare that to a priests mana drain, which at present is a mere '1021-1079' + damage. For the sake of argument lets assume that this priest is shadow and isn't spec'd into imp MB (which most would be). thats 6 seconds for roughly 1k dmg + 2200 mb, per compared to the warlocks 6 seconds 0 damage, 1800 mana burnt.
    The mana drain of locks might not be fantastic, but making it better is bullcrap since locks got alot of things making them already too good in arena...dot+dot+dot+dot+fear aint fun already, think of what will happen if a pretty nice mana drain comes with that. Warlocks can do already too much different things in a pretty good / really good way. Making draining mana even better is so fucked up

1) the warlock drain still work if the other LoS
    2) the warlock has a pet that can act while he drain
    3) the warlock still do big damage while draining (unless you were enuf idiot to start to drain before putting DoTs up)
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    1) the warlock drain still work if the other LoS
    2) the warlock has a pet that can act while he drain
    3) the warlock still do big damage while draining (unless you were enuf idiot to start to drain before putting DoTs up)
    4) its a ESWJFREHRI DRAIN, not a burn, a DRAIN...

resilience will now affect priests and hunters, as opposed to i guess a possible priest mana burn nerf. however priests will waste half of their own mana to burn another target, and even more so with these new changes. hunters hide their stings well, and they drain a lot, but its on a 15 second cd so if you are quick enough to be able to remove it that is ineffective.

i don't see how warlock mana drain needed a buff, but apparently someone at blizz thought it did.

B2T.
    300 instead of 200 might be "overpowered" but in truth, it'd been there for a while!
    Take a closer look at "Soul Siphon" as it was back in 2.2.0.
    The tooltip was like that:
    +5% drain mana/life for every affliction effect to a maximum of 60%.

Nerfed version is:
    +4% for every affliction effect to a maximum of 60% (DRAIN LIFE ONLY).
    While "drain life"-healeffect can now be cut in half by mortal strike or wound poison.

Hi all.

Somehow I feel I can manage drain mana. But what I really hate is Mana Burn. Low cast time, damage and high mana drain value, no cooldown. This is especially painful for resto shamans because we have no passive way of regenerating mana. Both priests and druids have mana regeneration through talents and willpower. Shamans have no willpower (though they have MP/5) and no mana regeneration talents. And all of our mana regen tools (Mana Tide, Mana Spring, Watershield) can be easily dispelled or destroyed.

And the 70% to 50% nerf? I wonder what's the reason behind this? Druids can get 70% through talents. Other caster classes including druids have tools to get some distance in order to be able to cast a spell. Or they have spamable instant casts.

But hey, my druid has dinged 65 yesterday. So just 5 more levels and I can ditch my shaman finally. So yeah, Blizzard, nerf shamans as much as you like. I don't care anymore.

anti interrupt is something that belongs to the talent tree and not to a set bonus -.-

the mana-drain buff will balance the lamersetups in 3on3 / 5on5 I think.
    you can't wear that much pve gear anymore, cuz 300 mana are quite much /sec -
    maybe healers are forced to wear pvp gear then, what makes them easier to counter.

As a shaman I cannot wear PvE gear anyway. Because unlike droods I cannot run away but I have to "tank" incoming damage. Therefore much resilience is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leialyn
    anti interrupt is something that belongs to the talent tree and not to a set bonus -.-
    Fully agree on this. I really do not get why shamans are the only class without any CC (not snares, mind you) and no anti-pushback from talents. But I think I know why. Because we can pull our 41 DPS mace, put imba flametongue on it and melee our enemy down - hurray =)

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    If specced correctly (which most do I believe) they can have up to a 70% chance to avoid interruption while casting, so yeah, full channels can sometimes get off, but even 3 secs of a channel can be quite costly to the target's mana bar.

Earth Shock
    Counterspell
    Kidney Shot
    War Stomp
    Silencing Shot
    Silence
    Fear
    Death Coil
    Gouge
    Intercept
    Pummel

All of those things will break the channel and the Fel Concentration talent won't do anything about it

E: Whoever said it on last page pegged it. Drain mana used to be considerably better before the soul siphon nerf. It's not that warlocks actually wanted this change, I bet 90% of us don't even care one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by woeye
    Fully agree on this. I really do not get why shamans are the only class without any CC (not snares, mind you) and no anti-pushback from talents. But I think I know why. Because we can pull our 41 DPS mace, put imba flametongue on it and melee our enemy down - hurray =)
    they have the same amount of CC warriors have, save a 3 min 8 yd range fear which is easily resisted and breaks quickly.

Since when do warriors need CC in order to DPS : Once a warrior is on his target does he mind when a pet attacks him? I think not.

- Mages can frostnova, step aside and cast bolts. Or just spam icelane
    - Locks have it tough casting bolts. But they have instants as well and a pet
    - Druids, also a caster hybrid like shamans, have roots AND 70% pushback resistance
    - Priests have a shield or fear, though both are not as strong as other caster's tools
    - Shamans have frostshock, which is a _snare_. It will not fix the enemy in a spot

So explain to me: Why have druids root and 70% pushback resistance and plate and we not? Because we can heal ourselfs without shifting?

And btw: I have both a moonkin druid and a shaman. And I know from first hand practice that it's far more easier to DPS in a moonkin than a shaman. Not against all classes, sure. But against more classes than a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by woeye
    Since when do warriors need CC in order to DPS : Once a warrior is on his target does he mind when a pet attacks him? I think not.

- Mages can frostnova, step aside and cast bolts. Or just spam icelane
    - Locks have it tough casting bolts. But they have instants as well and a pet
    - Druids, also a caster hybrid like shamans, have roots AND 70% pushback resistance
    - Priests have a shield or fear, though both are not as strong as other caster's tools
    - Shamans have frostshock, which is a _snare_. It will not fix the enemy in a spot

So explain to me: Why have druids root and 70% pushback resistance and plate and we not?
    (Druids dont have plate)
    Mages cant just spam icelance, it requires frostnova to be active, which has a CD.
    What does this with locks have to do with anything?
    Druids have a CASTTIME root, and 70% pushback resistance on the root and wrath only, or heals, depending on specc.
    Priests fear and shield is useless against what they need it for (rogues clos, wotf, trinket, warrior berserker, trinket, etc)
    Shamans have snare with low CD.

I have a hard time seeing what any of this has to do with anything Their 70% pushback is a talent not a freebie given on gear. I understand the QQ about this change since it buffs an OK class and nerfs a bit UP class but srsly! Put it where its right.... its 70 to 50 your getting nerfed, on gear.

As a mage, I agree with the warlock buff. Drain mana is very slow as it is, a little increase is fine. (Never saw myself saying that)

Also, mages cannot just FN+FB. FN the rogue, he deadly throws, warrior should spell reflect or throw/shoot to lolpushback if ice barrier is not up, pallys/priest/warlock/druid can just leave the FN, hunters can hit us, shammy can ES or cast on us.

I would be happy for 50% pushback resist on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    I would be happy for 50% pushback resist on FB.
    Even if I took away your blink and frostnova? Because with 50% pushback you have to live with the enemy beating you in the face with no way of escaping.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    they have the same amount of CC warriors have, save a 3 min 8 yd range fear which is easily resisted and breaks quickly.
    Actually, warrior fear is the strongest in game if I'm not mistaken. Every indirect target that gets feared by a warrior will experience full duration fear and the fear will not break on damage. the warriors main fear target however will break fear instantly the moment they take damage.

anyways, on topic: from 70% to 50% isn't cool but it's only 20% difference, not world shocking. I reckon other classes will be cursing a lot harder at their changed 4 piece set bonus (druids come to mind :) but the warlock buff is a fucking joke. not only do warlocks already have the best package deal, now their drain will become even more powerfull. and the change to resilience isn't nearly enough to counterbalance it. yes, the warlocks mana drain is the weakest of all the drains in terms of mana drained per tick but it has the added (enormous) advantage that it's a channeled spell. meaning it instantly starts draining mana and continues to do so long after the target has gone out of line of sight and/or out of range, oh and lets not forget, it returns the mana drained to the warlock, something no other mana drain does, in fact, quite the opposite... because that's the true strength of a warlock's mana drain wich makes it in my eyes at the very least equally as good as all the other manadrains in game atm. this change however will again give warlocks the advantage... like they needed yet another one...

Neither of these changes are a huge deal. They balanced a slightly OP ability, and they made a slightly underpowered ability viable. Warlocks mana-draining a bit harder really isn't going to rock the arena world--especially with the nerf to the whole mana-drain mechanic.

Edit: Wrong word choice above, lol.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

u really shouldnt complain about warlock mana drain buff. they already nerfed it once if they dont buff it this spell will become completely useless when 2.4 out.