Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by powerrui
    u really shouldnt complain about warlock mana drain buff. they already nerfed it once if they dont buff it this spell will become completely useless when 2.4 out.
    And that's necesserely a bad thing? Since mana drain teams own 3vs3 and prob 5vs5 (not sure there because I don't play it... too much confusion for me ), and because locks weren't best at one thing they had to be buffed. I understand. It's not already enough that it's the only mana drain that actually drains the mana back to the caster, Life Tap not being enough so it seems. Even with the resilience against mana drain, it still will drain more then it's draining now...

  2. #42

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    Even if I took away your blink and frostnova? Because with 50% pushback you have to live with the enemy beating you in the face with no way of escaping.
    Fire has 70% (i think its 65, 70 or 75 cba to check precise %) resist to knockback that also reduces threat.....

  3. #43
    not good with computers
    chaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,124

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    Even if I took away your blink and frostnova? Because with 50% pushback you have to live with the enemy beating you in the face with no way of escaping.
    If it means I get healing, mail, shield, ect

    Quote Originally Posted by Cahrnah
    Fire has 70% (i think its 65, 70 or 75 cba to check precise %) resist to knockback that also reduces threat.....
    And no one arenas as fire....

  4. #44

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    rady

  5. #45

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    As a mage, I agree with the warlock buff. Drain mana is very slow as it is, a little increase is fine. (Never saw myself saying that)
    Except that it is a DRAIN, not a BURN. So while the warlock remove your mana, he fill his mana at the same time.
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  6. #46

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    The logic is that warlock drains were underpowered compared to the other mana draining classes and the shamans set bonus was overpowered compared to the other 4 piece set bonuses.

    You don't create balance by leaving broken bits broken because everything that is broken makes the task of balancing that much harder. Unfortunately this means sometimes buffing strong classes and nerfing weaker classes because even though the class as a whole is strong or weak those individual problems need to be solved as they present an impediment to proper balancing.
    what you fail at is that EVERY OTHER DRAIN need a line of sigh vs warlock one that need it only at the start of the casting, dont count hunter sting its removeable exccept by priest.

  7. #47

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    what you fail at is that EVERY OTHER DRAIN need a line of sigh vs warlock one that need it only at the start of the casting, dont count hunter sting its removeable exccept by priest.
    and mana drain cant be spell-lock; counter-spell; earthshock; kick; pemmel; and I can go on and on. plus it can be dispelled.

  8. #48

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by powerrui
    and mana drain cant be spell-lock; counter-spell; earthshock; kick; pemmel; and I can go on and on. plus it can be dispelled.
    1) Mana burn can also be all that, so your point is void

    2) If they dispell your drain, that just help you, since dispell cost alot of mana.
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  9. #49

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    1) Mana burn can also be all that, so your point is void

    2) If they dispell your drain, that just help you, since dispell cost alot of mana.
    if some lock can trick u to dispel a lv 1 corruption, i guess thats better than mana drain?

  10. #50
    not good with computers
    chaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,124

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Except that it is a DRAIN, not a BURN. So while the warlock remove your mana, he fill his mana at the same time.
    It isn't like he won't fill his mana with drain life/lifetap anyway. Doesn't really matter to me if he wants to fill up his mana.

  11. #51

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    It isn't like he won't fill his mana with drain life/lifetap anyway. Doesn't really matter to me if he wants to fill up his mana.
    Well, it kinda should matter to you if the lock gets more mana because there are alot of teams that tend to beat lock/xx(/xx) 2s and 3s setups by forcing the lock to lifetap for mana while someone is beating on him. If you can get the lock to lifetap while people are dps'ing him down and he's around 70ish%, then you've got the game won right there.

    So yeah, a lock's mana *does* matter.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

  12. #52

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    Well, it kinda should matter to you if the lock gets more mana because there are alot of teams that tend to beat lock/xx(/xx) 2s and 3s setups by forcing the lock to lifetap for mana while someone is beating on him. If you can get the lock to lifetap while people are dps'ing him down and he's around 70ish%, then you've got the game won right there.

    So yeah, a lock's mana *does* matter.
    If he's got a couple of people beating on him and he needs to mana drain, that's 6 seconds of the lock being incapable of doing anything else. You really should not have a problem killing him in these 6 seconds.
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

  13. #53

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    My main is a level 70 elemental shaman. I used to love arena and think it was fun, but i stopped about a month ago to go back to raiding where at least i was worthwhile there. In my opinion, blizzard should never make class changes on arena stuff, if they nerf our lightning bolt/chain lightning damage because we can do a good amount of burst damage which is about one of the only places an elemental shaman is viable in arena, that's just bullshit.

  14. #54
    not good with computers
    chaud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,124

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    Well, it kinda should matter to you if the lock gets more mana because there are alot of teams that tend to beat lock/xx(/xx) 2s and 3s setups by forcing the lock to lifetap for mana while someone is beating on him. If you can get the lock to lifetap while people are dps'ing him down and he's around 70ish%, then you've got the game won right there.

    So yeah, a lock's mana *does* matter.
    If you are mana burning and focusing a lock, he won't get a drain mana off anyway.

  15. #55

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    And no one arenas as fire....
    Chaud, you took that out of context, look at what I quoted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    Even if I took away your blink and frostnova? Because with 50% pushback you have to live with the enemy beating you in the face with no way of escaping.
    He made it sound like you needed to lose FN and blink to be "eligable" for pushback resistance, I merely stated fire had that opportunity so frost should too, or at least put it mid-arcane for all spells.

  16. #56

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Kalgan himself admitted on the US forum today that Shamans are "pretty well gimped in 2v2" and "on the weak side in 3v3". But at least solid in 5vs5 (though I think this will change in favor of lock/hunter/priest drain teams).

    Further reading:
    http://afkgamer.com/archives/2008/02...fing-heats-up/

  17. #57

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    I think if I'm mistaken, the Mana drain buff to warlocks has been reverted. According to mmo-champion home page.

  18. #58

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Sigh.. back to 180 drain per tick... :-\

  19. #59

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    But yes, I Warriors are for sure on par, if moreso, with locks on the OP scale.

    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL someone has never played a warrior before

  20. #60

    Re: They nerfed shams and buffed locks...lol

    Why is everyone hating Warlocks when there is only 1 (ONE!) skilltree that is OP in PvP??

    As a Raid-Destro lock, I don't have much chance in BGs/Arenas (ok, I only have 150 resil but anyway). I wouldn't have a problem with equally skilled classes owning me, but a complete noob rogue that stuns me out of stealth, and keeps me stunned for 8k of my 12k life without ANY possibility to do anything (assuming insignia is on cd) followed by an 8 sek quasi immunity to all my attacks (cloak of lol) seems overpowered to me......

    So please stop whining about locks or at least have the decency to point out that it is aflli/sl/sl locks that you are talking about.

    Soc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •