Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The REAL Magtheridon Nurf

Ok, since the other thread has become a pure "mimimi" geez & whine fest, I'll try my luck in a new post:

Can PLEASE someone confirm what the real nurf of Magtheridon actually is? There are some stupid rumors, but I think the confirmed changes are:

1. No Infernals
    2. Lower HP for Channelers and Mag
    3. Debuff duration for channeling is 35sec instead of 1 min (or was it 2? haven't been there in almost 9 months )

Unconfirmed:
    1. Less cubes ()
    2. Less dmg of Nova if you don't click cubes on time ()
    3. No more ceiling-coming-down dmg ()

Can someone please confirm??

Thanks!

Re: The REAL Magtheridon Nurf

The Mind Exhaustion now lasts 30 seconds and only one infernal per channeler can be up.
    Contrary to what some people mentioned all over other forums, there still are 5 channelers and yes, he still does cleave. Not sure if the debris damage was reduced, but it hit me for 5.7k if I recall correctly.

He also dropped a 20 slot bag, BoP, wasn't Unique, or at least it didn't say on the tool tip, called Pit Lord's Satchel. And a green bag with gems in it, kind of like Nefarian did, with 3 epic BT gems and two blue gems in it.

We had 22 people in the raid, and each received something over 22 gold from the kill.
    Also 3 Badges and no Essence of the Immortals.

to me the gold/badges would make it worth doing alone, irregardless of the gems which is pretty nice, and a chance at a 20 slot bag.

Khody

Badges, bag, gems and gold > loot

Nerfed gimped ass mag. Not even an accomplishment anymore.

Wow. That's a serious change there. (loot I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by Khody
    Badges, bag, gems and gold > loot

Nerfed gimped ass mag. Not even an accomplishment anymore.
    hasn't been an accomplishment for months

although 500g from a boss i could see gruul/mag becoming the new onyxia in terms of farming. i posted that quote to my guild and they already said they would def run it on weekends of off-days just for the gems and badges heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    hasn't been an accomplishment for months

although 500g from a boss i could see gruul/mag becoming the new onyxia in terms of farming. i posted that quote to my guild and they already said they would def run it on weekends of off-days just for the gems and badges heh.
    Well I had the awesome luck to be stuck in guilds with "we need more preparetion for Kara!" for the last year or something. :]
    So it's finally going to happen. :P

Khody

Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    Bags now? lol

He truely is the Onyxia 2.0
    Qft

Bags now? lol

I like
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Bags now? lol

does he become weaker the less people you are in group with?? like ony is doable with 2 these days, will that be possible (ofc enough for the cubes) with Maggy?
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

Weaker? Onyxia never scaled with the raid size.

But ofcource, 2 people can easier run away from the Deep Breath (which pratical does zero damage on a level 70 without FR).

But Magtheridon does, opposit to Onyxia, have a enrage timer. It might be 22 minutes, but I douth he will ever be doable with a minimum number of people.
    I'm sure about 15 people with T6 gear could probably take him down considering that Gruul has been taken down with 10 people in T6. I'm sure it's worth a try atleast, especially since in 2.4 he's supposed to be dropping a considerable large amount of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkou
    I'm sure about 15 people with T6 gear could probably take him down considering that Gruul has been taken down with 10 people in T6. I'm sure it's worth a try atleast, especially since in 2.4 he's supposed to be dropping a considerable large amount of gold.
    and only 1 group of people who need to activate cubes. would make that a lot easier. however with 10-15 people warlocks could be a bitch to drop before mag.

they wouldnt need to be really

Khody

Quote Originally Posted by Beasty
    they wouldnt need to be really
    Orly?

seems like i might be going back to maggy for that bag of gems then!

I think a lot of people will be making their rounds with Mag / Kazzak / doomwalker for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbiie
    I think a lot of people will be making their rounds with Mag / Kazzak / doomwalker for gold.
    went back to onyxia for the first time in a while. shaman, priest, lock, mage, warrior.
    rock elemental for whelp tanking. and just spam seeds on ony herself when she lands if whelps are around = easy mode.

was an easy ~25g that took all of 10 minutes. Were there easier places to make 25g in that amount of time? Sure. Were there easier places to make that 25g AND a nostalgic T2 helmet in the process? I think not.

Not something I'd do EVERY week. But running the pain train on an old boss that used to suck is kinda fun.

Nostalgic if you obtain it now?
    It's real nostalgic if you had it pre bc!

I can see you 2 manning mag at level 80, kill the adds, and for the cubes you will prob just take the aoe damage instead of using them... I'm sure by 80, that aoe damage wont hurt one bit, if you don't resist it all.

So, Mag is the true... new Ony ( at least next expansion for sure)

You couldn't really resist it, because Maggy would count as level 83