Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Twin eredar loot table, patch notes update

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    Exactly, I can't see any real benefit to this change. All it means is that if one person has a high rating they just have to leave the team and rejoin then the problem is gone away. Unless they are going to make your personal ratings persist through teams it doesn't really make any difference.
    The only thing to fix now is to make point gain based on personal score rather than team score. If you combined those two changes then you'd have something. Either that or make personal scores persist through teams.

Nice, more shaman nerfs. When will devs realise we aren't OP and are the squishiest class even though we wear mail because we have no escape/cc options.

1. Nerf Elemental crit by 1% for no apparent reason (been like this since beta)
    2. Nerf Elemental using NS and EM at same time (been like this since TBC when you could actually get both)
    3. Nerf Elemental spell pushback from 70% -> 50% uncalled for, when focused fired or with a rogue on me I still struggle to get a LB off due to pushback and kick and we are too easily CC'd and spell locked out.

The buffs aren't enough, 30% dispell resistance is not enough because we can't stack as many buffs as druids/priests. They get so many buffs when they get crit, hots, shields, fort/motw it's not funny. A shaman has bloodlust, ES (if resto), SR (if enhance), water breathing. Our buffs will be dispelled too fast still.

2sec Ghostwolf is a step in the right direction for enhance, but it's dispellable, can be slept/sheeped, and it doesn't break snares/roots. It's like a really lame druid with all the bad aspects, and none of the good except for the speed increase. It does nothing for elemental that need to get out of melee range.

The change to arena is to keep people from power leveling bad players.

what they would do is drop the team down to like 1100, then invite the sucky player, and they would 2v3 the low ranking team. This will slightly push up the weak players rating. You do this until the team rating was at like 1700. Then you have the sucky player leave and drop the team rating down to 1100 again. You have sucky player join again and work his rating up. After some time he would be at 2k. Then you invite a 3rd good player and those 3 get the team up to 2k. Now sucky player has access to good items.

what this will do is when they drop it back down to 1100, and sucky person joins, it will match up against 1700 rating teams, so they can't power level a sucky player.

On a side note, i wish it was personal rating or average rating for all teams. That would help keep those full S3 people out of the 1500 brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    It would be slightly overpowered, considering you got around 3000 AP in bear form at Tier5 level items, and 3500-4000 at Tier6 level items.
    High armor and tons of dodge also make us take less damage than all other tanks not really like we need a buff. Yet fear immunity would be nice
    Druids don't take less damage than all other tanks. Less damage on a hit? Yes. Over the course of a fight? Druids are certainly taking more damage.

Also, I don't think Bear tanking is "fine." The basic one is that Warriors and Druids still can't AoE tank in any capacity compared to a Prot Paladin. I'm not claiming Warriors or Druids should be the "best" or even necessarily "equal." But I find it a stupid, stupid flaw on Blizzard's part to have 10 man content designed for a specific talent spec. In a 25 man, its not unreasonable to assume you could potentially have access to any of the 27 specializations in the class, but in a 10 man dungeon it just gets out of line.

The second flaw I feel that is Feral Druid specific is purely itemization. By T5 and T6, Bears should have much more HP and Dodge than they currently have available.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefootedpig

On a side note, i wish it was personal rating or average rating for all teams. That would help keep those full S3 people out of the 1500 brackets.
    Hopefully they'll never put in average rating for all teams. I know many of my friends/guildies that play at a certain bracket as their primary "competitive" team and will then play another bracket with the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/sucks at pvp buddies.

Puncture for rogues looks pretty good now