Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: New PTR Build - Tier 6 and class changes

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow
    Just noticed IF has new torchs in places. It's weird they look like they belong in Sunwell Isle ...

I have no idea if they were there before . if its a bug or if its because some objective of sunwell isle has been captured but they look cool . I fully spent a few minutes in IF , swaying , cooing "coool" at it and generally being entranced

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3113/...69f45cc8_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/...b6fe4c85_o.jpg

Oh and can anyone tell me what this is :

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2271/...f3f6d36c_o.jpg

wtf Bonfire's Blessing ???? New holiday buff ??
    they thought new cool looking torches were more important than class changes :/

its the summer festival stuff.
    There is a new questline and that's what required testing I believe.

Oh and Mystical Skyfire Diamond nerfed to 320 spell haste (20% cast reduction) for 5 seconds.
    It doesn't get consumed on cast.

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn
    wtf emberstorm?

That's... different.

As only 2% decrease, that makes incin's cast time ~2.45s.
    At 10% full, ~2.25s

More importantly, this would behave oddly with other haste gear. I'll reserve judgment until someone does some maths.
    However, if the ISB change is true along with this, we could be seeing a shift for destruction raid builds.

Edit: and holy crap, with points taken away from stamina, the new T6 pieces are amazing for DPS.
    That emberstorm change makes no sense to me either. If they want destruction warlocks to use fire spells they need to give Incinerate a higher spell damage coefficient. As it is, it is the same speed as talented Shadow Bolt but scales worse so shadow bolt will always be the better spell.

2% haste? Seriously, what's the point?

Maybe blizz devs want to change job?

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    That emberstorm change makes no sense to me either. If they want destruction warlocks to use fire spells they need to give Incinerate a higher spell damage coefficient. As it is, it is the same speed as talented Shadow Bolt but scales worse so shadow bolt will always be the better spell.

2% haste? Seriously, what's the point?

It's probably supposed to be 10% and someone missed it while polishing the latest PTR push.

This is why we have PTRs, so crap like that doesn't make it to live.

Again, if the coefficient remains the same but incinerate is given haste from talents, I'll reserve judgment until I can see math. 10% haste is a 10% increase to Incinerate DPS, ALONG WITH 10% fire damage, equating a roughly 20% increase in incin DPS from one talent.

Edit: It's already been shown that haste is one of the biggest DPS increases for highly geared destruction warlocks, the question is - will this incin exclusive haste gain be enough to make it out-perform the super scaling of shadow bolt?

You listed the reinstitution of the travel form speed bonus as undocumented... Nethaera responded to complaints about that change as well as the HT for restos in druid forums on the day the set bonuses were first instituted.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...7454&sid=1#276

This was the statement of Blizzard's intention to make the resto's set have a bonus to regrowth and return cheetah to being affected by the feral bonus.

Edit: typo

Edit: It's already been shown that haste is one of the biggest DPS increases for highly geared destruction warlocks, the question is - will this incin exclusive haste gain be enough to make it out-perform the super scaling of shadow bolt?
    Yes if SB super scaling gets nerfed. And if taken into account with mage 15% fire debuff...

Seems that Blizzard wants to switch for shadow to fire.

On a slightly different issue, I remember in the Eoy's post regarding lock end-game (about 10 months ago) there was a discussion saying that DS should be nerfed or moved to an upper tree position (tbqh it seems strange that a demonology tree benefits from sacrificing the pet in such way that it is the best option ^^).

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    Yes if SB super scaling gets nerfed. And if taken into account with mage 15% fire debuff...

Seems that Blizzard wants to switch for shadow to fire.

On a slightly different issue, I remember in the Eoy's post regarding lock end-game (about 10 months ago) there was a discussion saying that DS should be nerfed or moved to an upper tree position (tbqh it seems strange that a demonology tree benefits from sacrificing the pet in such way that it is the best option ^^).

If it stays competitive, I don't care if I have to spec for fire.

DS is in a horrid position, it needs to be in destruction (the only tree that it really benefits) or nerfed and given to everyone so that destruction builds can stop having to spend 20 points in a tree they get little benefit from.

With the newest build on the PTR Blizzard activates the Midsommer (June/July) event and after completing two quests at Ashenvale (Zoram Strand) you are send to Slave Pens to summon this boss. The summoning process increased my daily quest count, so I it is once per day/person but I do not know if you can accept the quest without visiting the Zoram Strand at all.

Emerging:
    http://i30.tinypic.com/fombfr.jpg

He sends this elemental short after the summoning:
    http://i29.tinypic.com/i590gg.jpg

Edit: Checked with another character: You can accept the summoning quest without doing the other quests. And the quest is available in heroic mode, too.

Quote Originally Posted by pasco
    With the newest build on the PTR Blizzard activates the Midsommer (June/July) event and after completing two quests at Ashenvale (Zoram Strand) you are send to Slave Pens to summon this boss. The summoning process increased my daily quest count, so I it is once per day/person but I do not know if you can accept the quest without visiting the Zoram Strand at all.

Emerging:

Edit: Checked with another character: You can accept the summoning quest without doing the other quests. And the quest is available in heroic mode, too.
    RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS. That model and the model for the weapon he's holding were mined before this patch was released. Anyone killed him yet?

Quote Originally Posted by pasco

Emerging:

More details pls. Which NPC in Ashenvale? Midsumer quests chain?

hi there, guys i wanna ask if anyone knows how much is LifeBloom nerfed in patch now? sorry in advance if i missed it somewhere else ;D :P
    On the end of the sixth day, god said: "Not enough mana!"

NEW BOSS IN SLAVE PENS AND NEW DAILY AHEAD!!!

Ok, found out about the new boss things. Quest starts in Rut'Theran (or any capital city) where an NPC standing amongst the Fire Festival citizens gives the quest to go to the Zoram Strand where the Twilight Cult has spread out. The quest item is a random drop off one of the cultists. Second drop for me.
    The letter you get from the cultists speaks of one of Neptulon's lords - Ahune and that his summoning will provoke Ragnaros to fight him (wtflolz?) and elemental chaos would ensue and consume Azeroth.
    Next step sends you back to Zoram Strand to spy on the near by cultist camp to figure what exactly are those guys planing. You're given an orb of transformation that turns you into a crab (buff says "the twilight cultists will surely be fooled...". Then you just hang around some NPCs not doing anything and you complete the quest.
    -> back to Rut'Theran
    After all of this 2 quests appear. One to go to SP and talk to a new NPC there which unleash the boss upon us (yummy!) and another one that tells that the Twilight has goten to the Dark Portal and have a small camp there. You need to summon some of the new elemental's minions and kill it. Gonna try it tomorrowz.

EDIT: Latest news: I killed a minion, two of them even. Need only one for the quest but wanted to check variety. It's only one big ice giant elemental that does a simple frost nova 7-8 seconds, hits like a lil bitch and is lvl69. Doesn't seem to drop anything. (You summon him by touching one of the stones found near the Dark Portal). Name is Glacial Templar.
    Rewards from the quests are 5x Burning Blossoms and 10 for the final killing. They now give a 1 hour +3% crit buff. That's 20 blossoms easy which is 20 full hours of +3% crit buff. Need I say more? After the quest is complete you realize it's a daily and you can do it everyday for 10 blossoms (I think) each.

EDIT2: The NPC in Slave Pens is called Numa Cloudsister.

Ragnaros?

kind of fun tho, all american guilds have got help from GM.s to skip second boss after the buff of him. Meanwhile only a few eu guilds get cheap help from GM.s
    but cheers on the kill

Quote Originally Posted by Tergeron
    Ragnaros?
    You really didn't think you could kill him that easily did you?

Its all coming to full circle now =p theres a few quests in Outland that hint that Ragnaros is still alive, and now here is more evidence.

I believe the fiery lord shall return in an expansion someday, he's not burned out yet.

Brought to you by Ragnar-O's! The only cereal with a molten core!
    Taste the flavors of Sulfuron!
    By Fiber be purged!
    Two scoops Executus! Two scoops!

Old but I love it.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer

Brought to you by Ragnar-O's! The only cereal with a molten core!
    Taste the flavors of Sulfuron!
    By Fiber be purged!
    Two scoops Executus! Two scoops!
    Lol ;D

If it stays competitive, I don't care if I have to spec for fire.

DS is in a horrid position, it needs to be in destruction (the only tree that it really benefits) or nerfed and given to everyone so that destruction builds can stop having to spend 20 points in a tree they get little benefit from.
    It will - locks are bound to be a solid raiding class, although I'm not quite sure that propping fire is such a great idea, although it would improve mage/lock sinergy.

Anyway, I'd like to see the Affliction tree buffed while destro is toned down. One thing that Blizz has to improve - besides perhaps the DOT dmg coeff (omg the pvp winefest ^^) - is having crit and haste affecting dot, is it is really hurting affliction itemization (and through it, the scaling).

The DS thingy reminds me a bit of IAE (instant Arcane Explosion) of old - every mage specced into it, having to take a few useless talents in the arcane tree for that (but the arcane tree was always known for the amount of useless talents :P). Maybe a trainable DS (toned down - like 10% or a temporary buff) with a improved DS deeper in demonology tree is the solution (not a very imaginative one though).