Question about 2.4 arena matchmaking change

The 2.4 PTR patch notes has a new addition.

From: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...atchnotes.html

"If a queued player has a personal rating higher than their team rating, the matchmaking system will now use the highest personal rating of a queued member of that team for matchmaking purposes, instead of the team rating."

I can see two possible interpretations of this change.

To illustrate, I'll use an example. Let's say I (Expopp) have a 3v3 team with two of my buddies, Silvos and Lifzaan.

Does the matchmaker look at Silvos' 2v2 personal rating, 3v3 personal rating, and 5v5 personal rating, then look at Lifzaan's 2v2 personal rating, 3v3 personal rating, and 5v5 personal rating, then look at Expopp's 2v2 personal rating, 3v3 personal rating, and 5v5 personal rating, then look at the team's 3v3 team rating, and pick the highest number of those 10 for matchmaking purposes?

The other interpretation I could see of this change, is this:
    Look at Silvos' 3v3 personal rating, Lifzaan's 3v3 personal rating, Expopp's 3v3 personal rating, and the team's 3v3 team rating, and pick the highest number of those 4 for matchmaking purposes.

How do you all interpret this?

Re: Question about 2.4 arena matchmaking change

option 2
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mazrigos&n=Wannablast

If the change is implemented as Option 2, what's to stop 3v3 boosters from simply resetting their 3v3 personal rating by /teamquitting after each patch?

It seems to me like this change will help slightly, but it would be more effective if it was implemented as Option 1. That is, the matchmaking system should look at all players personal ratings in all brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by expopp
    If the change is implemented as Option 2, what's to stop 3v3 boosters from simply resetting their 3v3 personal rating by /teamquitting after each patch?

It seems to me like this change will help slightly, but it would be more effective if it was implemented as Option 1. That is, the matchmaking system should look at all players personal ratings in all brackets.
    you cant let people who are good in 5v5 play on the same rating 2v2 (if they arent that good in 2's )
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

you cant let people who are good in 5v5 play on the same rating 2v2 (if they arent that good in 2's )
    I think you're right, that would be a bit unfair.

So it probably will be Option 2, and there will still be people with 2k 5v5 ratings, playing in the 1500 rated 3v3's.