Where to spend Arena Points next?

I'm a SL/SL Lock with 466 Resilience, 12.5k HP, and 1k Spell Dmg (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...h&n=Hellburger).

My main focus is 2's and 3's. Tuesday I'll have enough points to purchase another piece of S3 Gear, my question is what should I get? Looking at the bonus to Stam/Spell Damage, it looks like the chest wins (Veng. Glad. Dreadweave). However, is this worth spending my points on? It equates to something like 15 Stam and 18 Spell damage. With my current stats, what would benefit me most? I'm leaning toward more spell damage (should I re-gem some of the +8 resil slots now that I have a pretty high amount of resilience?). I've struggled to find a consistent team, and as a result haven't hit 1850 yet. Should I hold out on spending points until I do so I can grab the S3 Spellblade (~50 spell dmg)?

Open to suggestions, thanks.

Re: Where to spend Arena Points next?

S3 chest just because it looks badass. At this point you're already pimped out enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles
    s3 legs for sure
    Why? The upgrade would be less stats than getting the chest.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hellburger
    Why? The upgrade would be less stats than getting the chest.

sounds like you know your answer, why'd you ask?
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

Legs are going to be a large upgrade, but you should probably replace other pieces first, IE, wrists, neck, ect if you aren't in the process already is you want to really push your character.

I would recomend you to spare points for S4 and then buy 2-3 items first week :P

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the YRR
    I would recomend you to spare points for S4 and then buy 2-3 items first week :P
    I would recommend you not do that, because thats what every freaking moron does and then people with 1500 ratings are sitting on 4 piece Brutal within the first few weeks of S4 and they have gear they don't deserve.

And you don't know when S4 is nor if it'll have rating requirements.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen

I wasn't asking strictly about Chest vs Legs. I'm asking if I should buy another piece of armor, or save it for a weapon or S4, etc. (Not really too concerned about S4 atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Luminair
    Legs are going to be a large upgrade, but you should probably replace other pieces first, IE, wrists, neck, ect if you aren't in the process already is you want to really push your character.
    Legs are less of an upgrade, look at the stats (Chest would be +18Stam/+14SpellDMg Legs are+16/+10), which I stated already. Or did you mean money wise (rebuying Spell Thread mats, etc.)? And, wrist, neck, etc items are purchased with honor, not arena points.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    I would recommend you not do that, because thats what every freaking moron does and then people with 1500 ratings are sitting on 4 piece Brutal within the first few weeks of S4 and they have gear they don't deserve.

And you don't know when S4 is nor if it'll have rating requirements.
    How do they not deserve it? If they banked 5k arena points, they get to spend it. That means they didn't buy S3 gear that they could have and were playing with less than the best. If you buy the gear you deserve it, you can come down off that horse. But I agree, S4 could be miles away...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalhen

Because pointless posts are to trolls as cake is to fat kids. do chest btw, adds more intimidation factor.

How do they not deserve it? If they banked 5k arena points, they get to spend it. That means they didn't buy S3 gear that they could have and were playing with less than the best. If you buy the gear you deserve it, you can come down off that horse. But I agree, S4 could be miles away...
    I'm not on any horse, I don't even do arenas anymore (stopped about a month ago, just boring now).

The issue is the new season should be a clean slate for all teams to start over and try again, not for 1500 rated teams to sit there and do 10 games a week, stash their points and wait on the next season to jump in in better gear and get an edge over everyone else for the first few weeks and then sit pretty for the rest of the time..

Hmm, I don't know if I agree with you there about a 'clean slate'. You really can't take anything away from players to even the playing field every new season, a lot of players use the strategy of banking points to spend on new season gear as a means to try to catch up, so to speak. I myself quit playing WoW for 6 months shortly after BC, and came back at the very end of Season1, maybe the beginning of Season2. I had no resilience gear and got my ass kicked around for weeks. I saved the 200 some points I was getting each week and PvPed @ Halaa to get the belt & pants, while doing bgs (World PvP needs a serious buff, its so incredibly fun when it gets to a large scale). By the time I had my Gladiator gear, everyone else I faced in arena was in Merc. and part Vengeful.

Also, at the end of the day, skill goes along way when your talking about the stat difference between S2 and S3 or S3 and S4 (assuming the stats shown so far are correct). So if some sort of playing field level needs to happen, it shouldn't be at points, but instead players retain their personal rating going into the next season, or just don't reset the team ratings. A whole 'nother can of worms really. Nice art on DeviantArt BTW.

I almost suggest they make a separate instance, its setup similar to the Orgrimmar Ring of Trials or whatever with a few extra rooms and other arenas, you go in there and when you instance in there are gear vendors that have "Arena Battle" set on the items so that when you leave the custom arena area the items disappear from your inventory.

You queue up and sit there with these vendors when you wait, maybe even do skirmishes sitting right there and have a "Free Arena" where you can just walk in and FFA but get teleported out when you hit 1 health and unflagged.

This would provide a fair playing field where arena players can sit and discuss, queue up, gear up however they wish and then jump right into practice or queue up for real battles, maybe even allow spectating? Also since fighting takes place in that shared instance (would be shared between the battlegroup) you wouldn't have to load before a match and would jump right into the 30 seconds before match starts without having to worry one of your slower teammates crashed or disconnected in the process <.< (had that problem once, instance was bugged and kept crashing on me and my teammate and we kept losing points anyway..)

Then whatever points you spend on Arena Gear just allows you to use that gear outside Arenas, so you can go rape new level 70's in WSG all day long with your S5 if you wish.

Would be nice to have even gear so its a fair playing field for once, thats why I'm jumping on the tournament realm as soon as registration opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellburger
    Legs are less of an upgrade, look at the stats (Chest would be +18Stam/+14SpellDMg Legs are+16/+10), which I stated already. Or did you mean money wise (rebuying Spell Thread mats, etc.)? And, wrist, neck, etc items are purchased with honor, not arena points.
    Mats, and I assumed that the op would be out of remedial classes and be able to decipher that he should spend his time focusing on getting bracers, ect, before worrying further about arena. You don't honestly think I'm going to give someone my feedback if I don't understand what items are purchased with arena points, do you?

Khody

The subject of sitting on arena points till the next season has been one of controversy for a while now.

If you think about it, all it does is make the good teams take a little longer to get to the top again. What I mean by this is, a good warrior/drood is going to beat a shaman/rogue alot of the time do to class weaknesses, even if the shaman/rogue are good.

IMO, you save the points, the gear belongs to you.

Its called don't play 2v2's, they are the most unbalanced in the game.