As a complete PvPer, I agree... 2.4/current trend is lame.

I used to love raiding back in the lvl 60 days on my NE priest, had about half tier 2, and it was great.

played many other characters then when BC came out, I lvled a BE priest, and have done a bit of kara but really just pvp. Not because pve sucks or anything, just pvp is more accessible to a casual player.

Now, I play still quite a bit to my standards, about 10-15 hours a week, but I am just not consistent enough to raid for a guild. but when I think about it, I have no urge to either, and i think its because of pvp/badges.

I mean, I want to raid, so i can progress, not for gear, not to look cool, not to own nubs in pvp (lvl 60 days). No I like raiding because of progression.

But pvp/badges take away progression,

So, how do raids progress? gear/time. You put in enough time/effort, you get the gear, you get the gear you can progress.

i think of raiding/progression as a simple diagram, (tier dosnt only mean gear, but the lvl/difficulty of an instance)

5 mans Tier 4 Tier 5 Tier 6 Tier 7
    ------------|-------------|----------------|------------------|------------------------|

you can see how ppl like progression, you do 5 mans to start raiding, you raid so you can tier 4, then you progress, you raid and get tier 5, and progress, you raid and get tier 6, and progress etc...

but now blizzard is basicly making the cycle, if the max is tier 6, then you can use your tier4/5 man gear to get tier 5 gear.

If the max is tier 6, you can use your 5 man/tier 4/tier 5 to get tier 6 gear, etc...

creating this

Tier n Tier n+1
    ------------------|--------------------|

So how does it feel like your progressing if the masses are always one step behind you? or if your a casual player, how does it feel like your progressing if getting gear to progress, means doing the same instances over and over.(farming badges)

progression dose not mean you want to be the top on your server, I was fine with clearing MC when guilds were droping C-thun, or just hitting vael when guilds were getting attuned for Naxx, but now if guilds are killing sunwell, your one step behind them getting BT gear, doing the same instance you were doing last patch.

It makes no sense.

I am tired of seeing well written posts about the problems of wow, and comments about how they want to be the best or there just jealous of pvpers.

its not true, I loved seeing guilds running around in AQ gear when i was sporting blues i earned in DM so i could progress through MC. Its nice to see guilds spread across the board, rather then the 2 spots they can be in now, just in front of the pack, or in the pack.

Deleted

Re: As a complete PvPer, I agree... 2.4/current trend is lame.

You know you can still progress without farming the badges.

I think you make a good point, but I see it from another angle as well.

Though I'm in a guild that has downed Illidan, the more casual raiding guilds that are never going to see the end of the current content before new content comes out have to be distressed over these changes. Many raiders (I would say most) do not raid simply for the sake of raiding; they raid for gear. If the gear these casual raiders are getting is just going to be obsolete (t4/t5 raid gear in 2.4) come the next patch, why raid? I see this as a trend that will destroy casual raiding guilds that aren't solely raiding for the experience, which is unfortunate.

To OP:

You are an idiot. Progression is lore, not gear. And you are obviously QQing about gear. You fail.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

its lore?? how so?

I have 4/5 veng, and one peice of s2, my gear is fine
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...thwing&n=Valio

If i wanted to raid, it would consist of 2 things, either farm heroics and kara and get badges to get good gear, or work needlessly and do ssc and the eye to get gear thats much harder to get for no benefit.

sorry for bursting your ignorance bubble for a second there and making you think.

STOP CREATING THESE USELESS THREADS. FFS

All I see on this forum is 15 page long threads dealing with crap no one gives a damn about!

"WoW killer game"
    "2.4 is gay"
    "PvP cant keep up with PvE"
    "PvE cant keep up with PvP"
    "x is OP"
    Free gold tomorrow!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Steeve

All I see on this forum is 15 page long threads dealing with crap no one gives a damn about!

"WoW killer game"
    "2.4 is gay"
    "x is OP"

first of all, theres so many 2.4 thread in this forums why create another one ?

And second, a tiny tiny tiny fraction of the WoW players knows a third of the WoW lore. Most people don't care at all. In WoW everything is about ,sadly, gears and gears only.

"WoW killer game"
    "2.4 is gay"
    "x is OP"

EDIT: I think I'm going to save this uquote and post it whenever another of these things pops up

Also, nice necro-bump

"WoW killer game"
    "2.4 is gay"
    "x is OP"
    seriously, people need to shut the fuck up about this PVE vs PVP vs Casual stuff. We all play this game for fun but how ppl wnat to decide to play is up to them. For some it might be logging on to arena with their friends, some will log on for hours to raid with their guild while others will log on to run quests, 5man heroics with their friends. why does this game have to be made only for PVP or PVE or Casual. More option for the subscribers is more fun. stop this stupid idiotic hating and just enjoy the game how you like to.

Even with badges raiders will get gear faster. In 2.4 all the bosses drop badges.

The loot is good so those raiders can then use those badges to fill in spots where the random loot gods have not favored them.

The badge prices on the 2.4 stuff is pretty high, so it will take a long time to get anything resembling good gear without killing lots of raid bosses.

Random loot is one of the most retarded mechanics invented, and I have no idea why Blizzard still sticks with it.

There's nothing fun about farming the same instance/raid over and over because you need one -single- piece of gear out of it. I'm in a very small casual guild, so for me, this raid is Karazhan. But it's still retarded that, despite the fact that ZA/badge loot has me outgearing Karazhan, I'm still running that place every single week hoping for a WSR, because clearing it for 3-4 months apparently isn't enough.

Badge loot is there for three reasons, in my opinion.

First, it's there so that you don't get a situation like just before BC came out, where you had maybe 2-3% of the game population in the latest raid content before it went obsolete. They're re-releasing Naxx in WotLK just because "it was really awesome but almost nobody at all was able to see it". They're trying to avoid that this time around, and that's a good thing.

Second, it's there so that raiders aren't so utterly dependent on the random loot tables, because random loot is retarded. The DST is my favorite example of this. I see T6 people joining Gruul's runs all the time, because of this one trinket(from a T4 raid) that they never ever saw.

Third, it's there for the new players. Part of why I wasn't able to get into WoW pre-BC was because that by the time high-speed internet got out to my rural house, everybody was in AQ and Naxx was just opening. Playing the catchup game would have been retarded, and since all my RL friends were already in AQ, gearing up to an equivalent level would have been pretty much impossible in any reasonable time-frame. Giving new players a fairly competitive gear option that doesn't rely on being able to find a decent raiding guild is a good thing.

Deleted

2.4 and current trend owns.

I love being able to get epic gems for my arena gear without raiding with bunch of geeks for 5 hours a day 6 days a week

"WoW killer game"
    "2.4 is gay"
    "x is OP"
    /word

??? i dont get why players make a war between pvp and pve.. its 2 different part of this game... i play both for my part but im more about pvp than pve ( raid ) but i do really enjoy both.. i lov pvp cuz its always action and for me it never gets old... but i do enjoy raiding. its fun to see the raiding content and some fight are a good challenge. for me patch 2.4 isnt a big deal... i am just doing same as before .. getting ready for s4 to get out by capping my honor and getting the most arena points i can get.( i know s4 dont get out with 2.4 but we are getting closer to it).

i lov and enjoy each patch cuz it introduce new content to explore and new gear to get.this game is about having fun ... if you begin to look at what someone that raid can get and your like "OMG NOT FAIR" ... i guess your time into that game is done...

for my part i was surprise to see a pvp cloack from badges reward on last patch .. but i guess bliz is trying to get hardcore pvpers into pve content to try to keep them busy and hoping that they start doing more raid ( kinda way to keep them in the game ) cuz some players do as me and gets 75% of the pvp gears they wanted on the first 2 weeks of a new season.its also cool in a way that raiders that dont do much pvp but are on a pvp server are able to get some pvp gear as well...

if new patch content makes you more angry than happy... i suggest you try a new game.. theres so many over the market .this game is like many other thing in life.. when you get a lot of it and dont enjoy it anymore, its becuz its time to get away from it.

plus getting mad > at stuff like that makes you tired faster than if your happy and enjoy it ;D