Gearing for PvE Raids.. Which s1 / vindicator piece to choose?

Hello All,

I have a lvl 68 hunter and I am closing in on 70 fast. I want to start acquiring good pieces of gear for Karazhan. Originally, I wasn't going to bother raiding because I really enjoy PVP. However, after a change of heart, I want to try my hand at raiding.

My question is this: I have some honor/marks stored up from when I wanted to go full PVP. If I could only pick one or two s1/vindicator pieces to help me gear for Kara and other PvE content, which would they be?

I understand I need to focus on hit rating, which isn't a part of PVP gear. That being said, what are the first (only) pieces of pvp gear I should target for helping me out in pve?

Thanks for your input

Re: Gearing for PvE Raids.. Which s1 / vindicator piece to choose?

I think the belt/boots/bracers are fairly good pve items up until you start hitting early T5 content ala hydross/lurker.

Being a hunter, the range weapon of course is good for either pvp or pve. The major problem is that resillience has no use in pve and sometimes blue items are better then S1 due to stats being allocated just that bit more for pve stats.

Still you can take a look at the loot list of Karazhan/Gruul/Magtheridon to see where and how far into the instance that gear drops. So you could get the early items far easier then the later ones, those later ones you could look into getting as pvp versions first.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

i would get the bow first, bracers are nice since you can gem them, and boots are pretty good too. those would be the 3 items i would get first
    Asus Z270-AR Prime
    i7-7700K - NZXT Kraken x61
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
    GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme
    XPG GAMMIX 1TB NVMe M.2 (2)
    Corsair Air 540 case

The neck is a VERY good option, though it doesn't have any +hit.
    Gemmed it's a match for the choker from lurker.....

A lot of the other items are variable depending on your professions. If you're a LW you have some good crafting options.....

Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

Thanks for your input everyone!

What would you suggest gemming the pendant with?

In that vein, what would be the best pve gems to put in the pvp pieces I get?

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/

Your one stop shop for these and many more answers...

Quote Originally Posted by retlas
    Thanks for your input everyone!

What would you suggest gemming the pendant with?

In that vein, what would be the best pve gems to put in the pvp pieces I get?
    Agility for Red
    Agility / Hit for Orange / Yellow
    Agility / Stam for Blue