Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Epic gems for badges in 2.4

He he and the AH prices will become triple less ;D

Next thing : heart of darkness. who knows, it wouldn't surprise me.

25 man bosses give 2-3 badges.

They should add some gems with expertise, or melee haste.

That`s right. Iam a semi Raider too. I have only 3 days of hardcore raiding in the week, the other days I play too, but no time for raiding. Iam jobing and no time for this.

I only raid Karazahn, ZA and Gruul/Magdi, because our people are not Equiped good enough to start SSC and the BT/Hyjal.

Why i think that blizz makes a good job and the adding new rewards for badges is good. Why it is good, because a causal raider as iam can skip the t4 rewards and get geared faster. Ok i will take the rewards when the drop, i will geht my s1 set than faster with 2.4.

When i pick up the rewards for t6 content with t6 similar rewards, there will be faster to get SSC and Hyjal cleared and our guild can go temple.
    Iam a tank and my gear needs to be the best one, because iam standing there at the front and I tank the bosses

We are wiping at the moment at gruul and thats not fun. I start to pick up badges, but i will buy the gear but i need time. I can do 3-6 heroics a day, but not everyday. I had other things to do.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by haydude
    As for the subject at hand, I dunno why people are still freaking out about "scrubs" getting into instances they don't belong in or getting all this great gear for little effort. We're at the end of BC, Blizzard is purposefully doing this so they can shove as many people as possible into end game. Come Lich King it'll be all back to normal, and then a year later when Lich King is reaching its end they'll do this all over again and give out T9 level gear from whatever the new badges are and people will freak out again. The leader of the top guild on my server said it best I think when he said "I've been clearing BT for months and I'll clear Sunwell way before any of these other guilds even get close to seeing Illidan...what do I care if they just now get to see Hyjal and BT?"
    QFT.

Also, hardcore players will be in Sunwell and have killed the first 3 bosses already when the badge gear comes out. Badge gear is only for a few slots and not really better than BT gear (except for a few classes/specs), which itself is lower than Sunwell gear.
    Hardcore raiders WILL have their unique status items (well, until S4 comes out).

The one who might complain would be the raiders currently learning MH/BT, but even then (as a raid leader in a guild having just down Vashj for the first time) what i see is how those items are going to help us progress.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Do we have any idea what the mats for the inscriptions are, or that one in particular etc etc ... or should we just not care about that since it's still such a long way off.

Blizz did it in the past and will now do it again. A new exspantion is coming soon so they are giving everybody free epics. Bah !

cant believe it... i spent 1K g recently on a crimson spinel which is all i had then i open mmo champion to see home page crimson spinel - 15 badges of justice - fuck this will piss alot of pepople off who have spent thousands and thousands of G on epic gems...
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by benegesserit
    Another idiot post from you, nomind.

There are plenty of people who will raid and aren't loot whores to see content than non-raiders do not get to see. There are plenty of smart players who do not hardcore raid. They don't get world firsts but they get to see everything before it's "too late" (xpack). I know a lot of them come up with their own strat w/o spoiling it for themselves via the internets. There will always be strats, Blizzard would have to remove raids from the game before raiding actually disappeared because of these "welfare casual epics".
    So, you meant that there will always be someone to give the stuff for you in the end without you doing anything. Nice thinking.

Someone that will help you progress and after that you bash those same ppl telling them to leave 'cause you don't need them for anything else.

"There will always be strats" - If all that is left are ppl who can't commit themselves to spent hours trying to learn the encounters, how do you think "there will always be strats"? You mean that blizzard will start putting "how to" in their site? No. (well, the way things are going, probably yes).

Really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz
    No point in arguing with these so called "Hardcore" (Hardcore whiners more like it) Raiders thinking its WoW Armageddon. They have lived in their hyped up illusionary world and think this is real life and all their efforts and glorius gear means anything to anyone and Blizzard. they won't accept that this is Blizzards game, they wont be happy unless they think its World of Timecraft. Tired of listening to all your whines, and your bitching and your complaining. You fail to realize you are the biggest benefactor of these changes. I know so many Raiders that had this on farm the last few months and they are most friendly, helpful people. These true hardcore raiders could care less about these changes, cause they Know they have the most to gain from it. So those to you who complain.
    Now, I think we all agree that there should be a balance to this. What Blizzard is currently doing is making an effort less and less worth it. They've done this since TBC was released, and as some people said inhere they do it to make the casuals or semi-casuals keep playing. It will mean that they'll lose the huge group of players that are semi-hardcore, people that are in MH and BT by now after 8 months of hard work, but they'll keep the hardcore raiders, they always do. Why? Because the hardcore raiders are the ones that can afford to not care about this, they will still have superior gear etc. The semi-hardcores are the ones losing here. They might have worked on their char for 8-9 months and got a few pieces from BT and MH, and now they'll have to face people that couldn't get out of Karazhan getting equivalent gear.

LEAVE! please do! don't let the door hit ya on the way out, you guys are what really brings this game down in the dumps. Blizzard, WoW and the rest of the gaming community don't need the likes of you. WoW not your cup of tea? enter common sense, move on try something else. But as always Common sense seems to be severely lacking with most people.
    Thing is, originally WoW was a game in which commitment payed off. So why didn't people that couldn't take that leave in the first place? But they didn't, they stayed and whined and even made their 12 year old kids play so they could whine with them. The game has lost its meaning by now. Cause unlike what some people say, there's more to a game like this than "fun". It might be escapism (which is why I named my first guild just that), but if we spend 4-6 hours a day on something, we'd all like it to be somewhat serious. I mean, would the kids even play if there wasn't ppl to "look up" to? So please, oh please, if you don't want a game in which gearing up matters, play something else. The whole concept of this game (to gear up and overcome challenges) is not fit for people that only wants 100% fun - Blizzard are still trying to make it so, but they're simply making the game more and more shallow, in not to long it'll be so shallow that nobody wants to play, not even the ones that go around thinking that they don't want an effort to pay off - cause they'll wake up and find that even the fun goes away when there's nothing to work for anymore.

ProTip: There is a life outside of WoW, its Called RL and it does still exist and go on with or with out you. Perhaps you should try to re join society and learn to live with humans. Your WoW progression also does not matter in RL get over yourselves.
    Joining a guild is like joining a sportsclub or whatever. Nobody is saying that you must stop living because you play wow, it's perfectly normal to have timeconsuming hobbies. When u play footie, u wanna win too, don't you? Even if you're not playing for Barca...

Seriously, there are people crying about the fact that completely different people will get some equipment; People they will never meet ingame, that do not influence their game in the tiniest little bit.

How fucked up and utterly disconnected to reality is that?

Should I cry because little Tommy has a better Highscore in Super Mario Brothers than I do ? No, because it's silly.

Same thing here. Who in their right state of mind cares what other players will get. Raiders got it first, raiders will get it first. And as time progresses, Blizzard enables easier access to whatever. Been so all the time, this will continue.

It's not bad. It doesn't take anything away from you (unless you imagine something being taken away from you with this change, but then... see above, get real and realize this is a video game)

If you feel you get cheated out of some imaginary value, then better quit the game right now, because the next expansion is nearing soon and believe you me, the first measly green gem that will drop in Northrend will probably have the same stats as Crimson Spinels do now. OH NOES! CASUALS getz the coolz stuff meant only for ME!

Please don't throw all the raiders in the same pot. There are idiots on any level. We have content clear since October. I look forward to this change.

For those not knowing what to do with these gems, let's look at it this way: If they are not BoP, then all your many BoJ's just have become quite some value, as you can certainly sell them in the AH then. And BoJ's will drop even in raidinstances come 2.4.

mean, would the kids even play if there wasn't ppl to "look up" to? So please, oh please, if you don't want a game in which gearing up matters, play something else. The whole concept of this game (to gear up and overcome challenges) is not fit for people that only wants 100% fun - Blizzard are still trying to make it so, but they're simply making the game more and more shallow, in not to long it'll be so shallow that nobody wants to play, not even the ones that go around thinking that they don't want an effort to pay off - cause they'll wake up and find that even the fun goes away when there's nothing to work for anymore.
    Yes this is true, but you forget somthing. The causal players are 90% off WoW TBC. Yeah there are 90% off. Some of the causals like me never been at the temple.
    Perhaps with 80 i go there to see it.
    I do not care if i get the first kill on Illidan or something else. But i want to see the content.
    I agree that the content is difficult, you need well geared people for it 25 off it.
    This is only a game and not real life, and the causals want to see some content.
    They are paying for the game as well as the raiders do. Blizz can lose some raiders, but not the causals.
    There might be 5% raiders the rest is causals and there are more than 90% of players are causals (ore semi causals). When you do nothing for the causals they leave the game. And this is the strategy blizz makes. They will that the causals will not leave, because they will lose very very much of money.

This is only a game, and stop whining about that the causals getting something and the raiders not. The causals are paying the same fee.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

No matter if you agree or not Blizzard has made a change or shifted the focus for the majority of players with the game regarding PvE raiding. It has become less special. Previously it was PvE raiding that got you the cool gear and now you can get mostly similar items by killing other players instead of raid-bosses.

Either is cool really. Whatever makes you happy - play the way you like it. If you can't stand that then you play somewhere else.

That they get gear thou doesn't really bug me. I don't PvP so what do I care about them. The only thing that does bug me a bit is that the game has become so totally unbalanced between PvE and PvP. Being PvE and meeting some PvP person out and about in the world and you are going to get creamed, with them stacked to the max with resiliance and stamina the pve persons hit, crit and dmg stats will be a piss in the ocean. Even while wearing T6/T6 equivalent gear I can't overcome that, mayby it's L2P factor but I seriously doubt that when all your damage gets mitigated to nothing and they have HP like a lv73 elite mob. That they get epic gems, gear for badges of whatever is really not a concern. It's the balance between the two that has become messed up that bugs me to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Osukra
    The causals are paying the same fee.
    This stupid coment is always brought up.
    We're paying for the server, not for achievements.

It's like saying that you pay for gas aswell as a porche driver, so you should get a porche, too.
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

I really dont understand all the QQ. WOW has always been about achieving goals with a group of guildies/friends. Bliz has always been about giving you the options to achieve these goals by the means you decide are best for you. If you are guild stuck in SSC, the welfare rewards will give your guild a nice boost and help you see some more of the endgame content before the expansion hits. If you are in a HC guild and have been farming BT for months, what should you care about how others get to that goal?

I'm in a guild with a nice raiding core currently working on Kael, and guess what, even if he isnt downed before 2.4 goes live, we still wont be going to BT or MH because most of us are in this for the challenge and the experience of clearing every dungeon and mastering every boss. And if you are a regular raider you should know that loot only takes you so far - getting decked out in BT quality welfare loot isnt going to give you an iWin button to down tough bosses.

It seems people worry too much, with a bitter twinge of jealousy, about what other people do and how they do it - who gives a flying fuck about what others do? WOW is about how you and your friends enjoy progress through the game, nothing else should matter.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    cant believe it... i spent 1K g recently on a crimson spinel which is all i had then i open mmo champion to see home page crimson spinel - 15 badges of justice - fuck this will piss alot of pepople off who have spent thousands and thousands of G on epic gems...
    1) relax
    2) there is plenty of gold
    3) patch is a couple months away - enjoy your jewels meanwhile.

i really dont understand this blizzard ruining raiding for raids crap.

anyone who is actually a serious raider has had a year at level 70 to do what they wanted to do and farm serious gear. expansion time, baring the odd item it will all be "reset" anyway, so what the hell does it matter if i few more people who were never anywhere near your gear standard get a few upgrades before then.

having better gear in wow than the person next to you in the bank does not make you special in some way, so be concerned about yourself and not generic hunter x.

and even worse that people are crying about gems! what does it matter.

Elite raider=hater

epic badges and loot for all, the world must be ending

lol/rofl

get a life

After reading a few post i see ppl qqing about how ppl are getting easy loot. Well tbh its nice for someone like me who is a guild of only like 15-20 members of all real life freinds who for the most have all seen kael and vashj die etc, but now dont want to deal with the drama of a larger guild trying to progress threw BT/Hyjal. So IMO i like the idea of badge gear thats on semi par with t6 etc/bt loot. I was main tank of a very large guild for almost 10 months of BC and i hated seeing that ppl could get gear from badges/pvp/crafted that was better or equivelent to raid gear, But now i see for the most part why there doing it. Not just for the casuals but for the smaller guilds that just dont want to be the big "norm" guild.

I cant wait for my epic gemz!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Vaughn
    This stupid coment is always brought up.
    We're paying for the server, not for achievements.

It's like saying that you pay for gas aswell as a porche driver, so you should get a porche, too.
    Very very inteligent argument /sargasm off.

Wow is not a car. WoW is only a game. Get a real life.

Edit: Something else. You raiders think you are somthing better because you kill Illidan and Archimonde.
    But this is nothing, this is only a game. Killing something in a game shows nothing about you.
    Iam a raider too, but iam starting and i´ve another meaning of this.