Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Epic gems for badges in 2.4

Update 2 : Added an
    HTML Code:
    [url="#s3req"][b]important blue post[/b][/url]
    about rating requirements on Season 3 items when the season 4 starts, right after the Inscription !
    Update : Added today's news, including a very small preview of the expansion new profession : Inscription.

Epic gems for Badges of Justice in 2.4
    The items sold by Shaani have been updated on PTRs, she now sells all the raw epic gems for 15 badges !

WotLK - Inscription on PTR ?
    Well, not really the whole inscription professions, but it looks like an inscription spell made it to the 2.4 Test servers : [spell=35043] ! Note that this is the rank 3 of the spell.

HTML Code:
    <a name="s3req"></a>
    Rating requirements will remain on Season 3 items
    Rating requirements will probably remain on Season 3 items even after the beginning of Season 4, but they will be lowered.
    Originally Posted by Drysc (Blue Tracker)

A: No, and this is new information as far as I'm aware, but the ratings will remain, however they will likely be lowered. Previously we had stated that the ratings would only apply to the current season's items, but that's no longer the current thinking or plans. As it stands currently the rating requirements will remain, but they'll be lowered as the new season's items are introduced.

Arena tournament and team switching penalty
    It looks like changing members of your team during the 2nd stage of the Arena Tournament will get you a 150 Team Rating penalty.
    [blizzquote="Hortus;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4976331808&postId=51032233939&sid=1#11]Right now on the TTR when you change members of a team the team rating is penalized 150 points. When the real Tournament Realm season starts this will only occur during the second stage of the arena season.[/blizzquote"]

Lag on Tournament Test Realm
    [blizzquote="Hortus;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4976283275&postId=51032538754&sid=1#5]We can not put the vendors in instances because there is no instance server on the TTR. The hardware normally devoted to instances in normal realms is devoted to additional arena space for the Tournament Realms. As I've said before, the hardware and configuration for the arena realm is brand new. Please be patient while we work out the kinks.[/blizzquote"]

Incoming changes on TTR
    A few things are getting changed in TTR to make it more enjoyable for everyone.
    Originally Posted by Hortus (Blue Tracker)
    Based on observation and player feedback we will be making some changes to the TTR starting areas to make the NPCs more accessible to everyone. These changes may not make it into the next 2.4 PTR build update but they should definitely be in the following one.

They're working on the changes right now, I haven't seen them so I really don't know what they're doing yet. And there is no intention of ever allowing world PVP on the Tournament Realms. These realms are for the single purpose of supporting the arena tournaments.

New TCG Wallpaper - Mazar
    Originally Posted by Tharfor
    We just added a new wallpaper to our World of Warcraft wallpapers section.

This wallpaper features some amazing artwork from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game. Head over to the Upper Deck Entertainment website now to learn more about the game, see more art, or even download some demo decks: http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/wow/en/howtoplay/default.aspx

This week's wallpaper features the gnome hero, Mazar, as he prepares to hurl fiery death on his enemies: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/downloads/tcg-wallpapers.html

Re: Epic gems for badges in 2.4

That could come in handy as the new gems are pretty tasty, the list of badge loot is getting longer and longer&#160;

1st :S
    I generally don't care.

Haha fucking nice, considering you will get heroic badges from all 25man instance also ;D

Good Job Blizzard !

Never thought about this as a possibility, but now it's here I have to say it's a pretty damn nice idea.

Wow I need more badges than I do gold pieces at this point.

WoW ........

Urgh. While I'm very glad to see them added in for badges, I really dislike doing so many heroics over and over and over and over for them. *le sigh* And yes, I know, Kara. Blah blah whatever. I'm glad more bosses will drop badges after the patch.

15+ Year Old Account

uhh, 15 badges is pretty nice price, but... i'd rather spend badges on something other... but this gem idea is so gripping ;P i'm not sure...

Deleted

as somebody mentioned it above, i'm curious how much badges every boss of tk/ssc will drop?

I'm guessing one or two

I like the idea BUT for one thing...
    Even tho Badges drop from every bosses now, Kara still is the most Badge/hr you can get.

My guild clears Kara in about 3h30. So 3h30 for 22 badges...

I pray for the day blizz implements a 'super-exalted' status, where no mobs are hostile to you... this way i wont have to tank Kara for the 3948th time

Make 25mans give more badge than Kara, and ill be an happy man.

(My guild is in TK right now, Al'ar just downed. Peeps still need badges for the current and upcomming rewards, so have 2 to 3 groups going to kara each week...)

World of Randomentertainment

prospecin gems? for what?

blizzard is fuckin up raiders for their "great" e-sports idea.

welcome to world of casual craft.

fuck off blizz

Clear karazhan with mixed alts/mains a couple of times a week on my various chars, each run only takes about 1h20 to 1h30, then a couple of ZA mount runs, adds up to 35/week on each char. then god knows how many for my main on 25mans, farming BT and hopefully???? sunwell

Not a problem when i got over 400 already in the bank on my main lol. Bring on the gemmage!!
    Macho, Druid
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Macho

Slashyo, Rogue (alt)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Slashyo

Quote Originally Posted by sharly
    prospecin gems? for what?

blizzard is fuckin up raiders for their "great" e-sports idea.

welcome to world of casual craft.

fuck off blizz
    15 badges per gem isnt gonna ruin your prospecting business budddy.
    People with Heroic/Kara/Gruul epics wont spend that much badges on gem, they'll still buy your blue gems, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlockk
    Clear karazhan with mixed alts/mains a couple of times a week on my various chars, each run only takes about 1h20 to 1h30, then a couple of ZA mount runs, adds up to 35/week on each char. then god knows how many for my main on 25mans, farming BT and hopefully???? sunwell

Not a problem when i got over 400 already in the bank on my main lol. Bring on the gemmage!!
    Have WWS'es of your 1h30 Kara clear? Id really like to see that, i really wonder how you manage that. With a DPS uptime above 60% my guild only does 3h30. Can't bring DPS uptime to 100%, so ... gimme your trick, i want it... id like to spend less time there

Quote Originally Posted by deadlockk

1h20 dont believe you ^^

Im actually surprised this change has been positively taken so far, but im sure more uproars are not far behind. Looking at the bigger picture here, One can see how they are making the previous raid only items and Raid quality gear available via Badge tokens in preperation for Bigger and Better things are on the horizon. Cough cough WotLK, sure may be months away, but this is deff a much better transition then they did with WoW to BC.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Quote Originally Posted by nlz242
    Have WWS'es of your 1h30 Kara clear? Id really like to see that, i really wonder how you manage that. With a DPS uptime above 60% my guild only does 3h30. Can't bring DPS uptime to 100%, so ... gimme your trick, i want it... id like to spend less time there
    Get tier 6 gear.

As for the original post, this sucks, really does. Taking away the last piece of "pride" a raider has. In the next few months there will be no more satisfaction from even trying the end-game instances. Personally i've been waiting for this patch for a long time, my guild and i cleared all the content many months ago, but this patch not only adds a new end-game content side, it also adds an alternative to end-game raiding. That's BoJ loot. Hooray for the so-called "casuals".

Oh and Happy Birthday mmo =) or was it 3rd of march?

way to go blizz retards, next step tier5 through fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Coocks
    Get tier 6 gear.

As for the original post, this sucks, really does. Taking away the last piece of "pride" a raider has. In the next few months there will be no more satisfaction from even trying the end-game instances. Personally i've been waiting for this patch for a long time, my guild and i cleared all the content many months ago, but this patch not only adds a new end-game content side, it also adds an alternative to end-game raiding. That's BoJ loot. Hooray for the so-called "casuals".

Oh and Happy Birthday mmo =) or was it 3rd of march?
    Allright, i will. Thanks for the heads up... :

You'll get plenty of iLvl 154/159/164 items, which i never will.
    You'll get plenty of Sunwell Plateau, which i may get once i reach 80.
    That should cover your raider's pride.

For my part, ill be enjoying Hyjal and if im lucky the first few bosses in BT with my iLvl 141 badge items.

Don't act like high-end raiding is dead, it is not.