Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Epic gems for badges in 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by Coocks
    Get tier 6 gear.

As for the original post, this sucks, really does. Taking away the last piece of "pride" a raider has. In the next few months there will be no more satisfaction from even trying the end-game instances. Personally i've been waiting for this patch for a long time, my guild and i cleared all the content many months ago, but this patch not only adds a new end-game content side, it also adds an alternative to end-game raiding. That's BoJ loot. Hooray for the so-called "casuals".

Oh and Happy Birthday mmo =) or was it 3rd of march?
    Cause conquering this content for your own merit means nothing....really if you guys think if your gear means anything to your fellow gamer, it doesn't. We all play for various reasons, so please stop thinking your having superior gear makes you so much better then other players. Just a heads up, if you continue on in life with this mind set you will constantly be let down.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Get tier 6 gear.

As for the original post, this sucks, really does. Taking away the last piece of "pride" a raider has. In the next few months there will be no more satisfaction from even trying the end-game instances. Personally i've been waiting for this patch for a long time, my guild and i cleared all the content many months ago, but this patch not only adds a new end-game content side, it also adds an alternative to end-game raiding. That's BoJ loot. Hooray for the so-called "casuals".

Oh and Happy Birthday mmo =) or was it 3rd of march?
    Sry, but clearing Kara in 1:30h is not possible.

We`re wearing T6, need 38 Minutes to the mount in ZA, but Kara under 2h is not possible.
    If WWS is correct we have the second highest Group-DPS recorded and our Kara-Record is 2:01:31h with two rogues wearing the gleves.

[quote=nlz242 ]

You'll get plenty of iLvl 154/159/164 items, which i never will.
    You'll get plenty of Sunwell Plateau, which i may get once i reach 80.
    That should cover your raider's pride.
    [/quoute]

The gear is not an issue, i never did care about the gear, i never cared about it. Maybe you will never get the same iLvl items, but you will get equivalent items with Badges, or just buy the BoE reciepies which drop in Sunwell.
    Don't act like high-end raiding is dead, it is not.
    It died a couple of patches ago ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lerouxe

We`re wearing T6, need 38 Minutes to the mount in ZA, but Kara under 2h is not possible.
    If WWS is correct we have the second highest Group-DPS recorded and our Kara-Record is 2:01:31h with two rogues wearing the gleves.
    Read the original post again. He said a couple times a week at 1:30 a piece.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

The blue gem, green gem market will plummet. Why buy or get those when you can just gather some badges and epic gem everything.

It's defiantly this that will kill end-game raiding.

Not the ridiculous s3 gear that was supposed to kill end game raiding.
    Not the differences between random loot and guaranteed loot.

It's epic gems for 15 badges of justice.

Get over yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by acragas
    Read the original post again. He said a couple times a week at 1:30 a piece.

Read it again.

Clear karazhan with mixed alts/mains a [color=red]couple of times a week on my various chars, each run ONLY takes about 1h20 to 1h30.
    Any T6 raiding guild, even bringing alts would not be spreading out a Kara run over a few days, but doing 1 night clears.

Context: Speaking as a Kara scrub with little ambition to ever see T6 or SP.

Wow that's a lot of badges to collect... I think I'm up to about 400 needed all said and done. I wonder how far I'll manage to get before WotLK.

No, as pretty as these gems are, I don't think I'll be buying any. Too many other things that need badges. As for true raiders this sounds like a nice way to top off the gem slots.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I could see some money being made out of this.

I already have all the epic patterns - just need gems. And since I'll still be raiding Hyjal/Bt when sunwell comes out, @ 2 badges per boss, thats 10 from Hyjal and 18 from Black temple (odd that Karazhan gives more isn't it?). though I imagine some bosses will give 3 badges.

So once a week I get 30 badges. Buy two spinels for that, make some +12 spell dmg gem, sell for ~100G = profit. I am really not sure how the market will react.

Blizz have done many retarded things, but this kinda tops the list if the 15 badges for a gem goes live. Jesus christ! :

Quote Originally Posted by looorg
    The blue gem, green gem market will plummet. Why buy or get those when you can just gather some badges and epic gem everything.
    15 Badges is alot. It may not seems so... But it is.

Your tank gets a new pair of pants, 3 sockets in em (he just spent 100 badges for thoses).
    Does he have another 45 badges to throw away to gem em? ... Im sure he'll try to get the 100 badges Chest first. Another Gem needed in that btw. So he's up to 60 badges to gem his new stuff.

I know *i* will hit the AH for some solid stars and will buy my empyrean sapphires later, when i have badges to spare.

I guess I am missing something , Are these gems still able to be sold ? if so its the first way to make gold off of badges

Well the Primal Nethers and Vortexes but those are BOP and have to be used in a recipe

Primal Nether and Nether Vortex are no longer BoP in 2.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracmeer
    I guess I am missing something , Are these gems still able to be sold ? if so its the first way to make gold off of badges

Well the Primal Nethers and Vortexes but those are BOP and have to be used in a recipe
    Disenchant the BoJ Loot, worked quite well the last times I did it.
    Nether + Vortexes aren't souldbound anymore in 2.4, aren't they?

I like the idea of having vendors for the gems. Though I wouldn't mind if the vendor would just allow you to swap gems, like tradeing a green for a red one. Anyways, somethig like the gems, really isn't anything special, doesn't give you any good looks, so I don't mind people getting the gems without paying 900g each. (and also allowing me to gem up some of my T5 stuff with some spinellis which my guild wouldn't give me gems for)

The gear is not an issue, i never did care about the gear, i never cared about it. Maybe you will never get the same iLvl items, but you will get equivalent items with Badges, or just buy the BoE reciepies which drop in Sunwell.

It died a couple of patches ago ^^
    Well, what's the pride your talking about? Crafting high-end gems? Was it the only pride you had left? In that case, im 100% with you. Sad Day...
    Sad day when it became your only pride too.

Just a little heads up, as a prot warrior, i can only get 3 pieces of BoJ Loot. Last time i checked on my toon's paperdoll, it had more than 3 slots.

Do not worry, you won't see me tanking with a Bullwark of Azzinoth.
    Do not worry, you won't see me proclaiming ive killed Kil'Jaeden and im 2nd on my server.
    I'm too much of a 'casual' for that.

So me having 3 BoJ pieces and (maybe if i can spare a few thousand gold to buy the epic goggles schems.) a tier2 pair of goggles... will that remove any of the remaining pride you had?

Im not sure i get you Coocks. Don't think im trying to be a smart ass. I just dont get what you mean.

And btw, about that term, Casual... we need a new one. Im raiding 4 nites a week, in a slowly progressing guild. The guild is important to me, ive made many internetfriends so to speak, there. Im willing to sacrify 'Seeing Kil'Jaeden dead' for those people. If Blizz gives me a few ways to see the inside of BT, im happy with it and it removes nothing from the fact that you cleared it ages before i will down Naj'entus. You did accomplish something i couldnt. Take pride in what you did.

all the crying from "hardcore raiders" anytime Blizz makes it easier for "casuals" to get some new gear makes me laugh, get over yourselves. All Blizz is doing is trying to make the game as accessible as possible to the largest amount of players as possible. Sunwell is most likely going to be Naxx 2.0, with very few guilds able to clear it before WotLK, so why all the crying still from "hardcore's"? You will have Sunwell gear, us "scrubs" will not... so you can still think you are better than everyone.

And every time something comes out that helps the "scrubs" you all cry that it is going to "kill end game raiding". Why are you still here then? Go away if you hate it so much. I like to come to sites like this to get news and strats and stuff like that, but you whiners are getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerouxe

http://wowwebstats.com/hw442qfrodgvo 1:58 all but basement boss
    http://wowwebstats.com/ah2f1wlxym4e3 1:54 same as previous, sub-2hr clears are most definitely possible - so is Nightbane where he never stays on the ground more than 5 seconds between flight phases (first link).

I can't really fathom knocking more than 5-10mins off that without flasking and potting up. Our average runs with 6-7mains and 3-4 alts are just over 2 hours. We chainpull as soon as everyone is buffed and don't stop until Prince is dead, and I'm sure other guilds match or beat our pace.

ZA is just under an hour for 13 badges so it's about the same badges/hr in the end but you can run ZA 3 times some weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jivo
    as somebody mentioned it above, i'm curious how much badges every boss of tk/ssc will drop?
    I'd say 5.

5 man boss -> 1 bagde

10 man boss -> 2 bagdes

25 man boss -> 5 badges?

OMG? How the hell can they do something like this, it's so freaking utterly retarded.

FUCKING CASUALS

THATS IT. I'M HOLDING MY BREATH UNTIL BLIZZARD MAKES ME, A RAIDER, SPECIAL AGAIN

*Stevey it's time for school!*

MOM!! SHUT UP BLIZZARD IS SCREWING ME OVER AGAIN AND I GOTTA POST ABOUT IT