Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    getting the shattered sun title

    so i know that to get the new SSO title you need to be exalted with SSO, and do a quest where you pay 1,000 gold, but i was wondering if you had to get to exalted within a certain period of time in order to get the quest. grinding to exalted and paying 1,000 gold seems pretty easy compared to the other pve titles, but having to farm to exalted within a short period of time, and then having to pay 1,000 gold for it... seems like a bit much :-\

    sorry if someone already answered this question before

    [color=green]WHEEEE!!!!!!

  2. #2

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    Quote Originally Posted by manamir
    so i know that to get the new SSO title you need to be exalted with SSO, and do a quest where you pay 1,000 gold, but i was wondering if you had to get to exalted within a certain period of time in order to get the quest. grinding to exalted and paying 1,000 gold seems pretty easy compared to the other pve titles, but having to farm to exalted within a short period of time, and then having to pay 1,000 gold for it... seems like a bit much :-\

    sorry if someone already answered this question before

    [color=green]WHEEEE!!!!!!
    Theres been nothing about a time limit on it yet, so I would assume there isn't one.

  3. #3

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    Giving a 1000g alone is enough of a price. You also need exalted. That's it.

  4. #4

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    titles are overrated now being exalted and paying 1k gold to get a title ? wheres the work in that if your in guild thats doing sunwell your eventualy going to get exalted and 1k gold isnt that much gold. and even worse if you get sso rep from the 5 mans which im not sure of cause ive not botherd to go on the ptr then everybody gets a tite.

  5. #5

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kierran
    titles are overrated now being exalted and paying 1k gold to get a title ? wheres the work in that if your in guild thats doing sunwell your eventualy going to get exalted and 1k gold isnt that much gold. and even worse if you get sso rep from the 5 mans which im not sure of cause ive not botherd to go on the ptr then everybody gets a tite.
    Old world. You go into 5 BGs and achieve Grunt? Where's the work in that?
    And the old world PVE titles were.......?
    That's right, suck it up. A little PVE will now give a title as well.

  6. #6
    Bolter
    Guest

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    Old world. You go into 5 BGs and achieve Grunt? Where's the work in that?
    No one in there right mind should advertise the fact there a Grunt, just means they joined the game late and couldnt PvP enough for a decent title (or had a RL lol), Grunt means you wish you had a cool title but dont have the cojones to work for it... Centurion all the way lolz

    I'd imagine theres going to be a surge in PvE titles for most realms now because of the ease of this title, but i guess it'll keep some players happy with the sense of achievement of being able to get Exalted and waste 1000g, buy a mount morons!

  7. #7

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    i agree achiving titles is lol i have marshal justicar champion of the naruu and soon to ba hand of ad'al and imo the pve ones are handed out to easy killing magtheridon an doing an easy questline wtf is that about killing kael and vashj is a little harder but still not worth a title , killing kil'jaedin may be worth a tite but farming the first boss over and over till exalted and paying 1000g isnt worth one

  8. #8

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kierran
    i agree achiving titles is lol i have marshal justicar champion of the naruu and soon to ba hand of ad'al and imo the pve ones are handed out to easy killing magtheridon an doing an easy questline wtf is that about killing kael and vashj is a little harder but still not worth a title , killing kil'jaedin may be worth a tite but farming the first boss over and over till exalted and paying 1000g isnt worth one
    Yeah killing Kil'jaeden is totaly worth a title cause only the limited amount of 2000 guilds will kill him before Wrath of the Lich King ever hits live (better put your sarcasm detectors on for this one)

    It's not like those PvE titles actualy mean anything do they? Only in about 2-3years those titles will become a bit more special since it'll give you the label of "somewhat old-school" since alot of players will quit the game & new ones will probably come into the picture.

    I'm just gonna keep playing with my commander title for the time being. Doesn't mean I won't be buying the SS title once I ding exalted tho. If I'll be using it is an entirely different thing.

  9. #9

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    1000g for a title. not worth it imo
    I generally don't care.

  10. #10

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    agreed, especially with how easy rep grind it will be
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro gen3
    i5-2500K - Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling
    G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8 GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133 RAM
    EVGA GTX 770 2 GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 120G Sata III SSD - WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    Corsair HX750 PSU - Rosewill Challenger U3 Case

  11. #11

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    Quote Originally Posted by Kierran
    i agree achiving titles is lol i have marshal justicar champion of the naruu and soon to ba hand of ad'al and imo the pve ones are handed out to easy killing magtheridon an doing an easy questline wtf is that about killing kael and vashj is a little harder but still not worth a title , killing kil'jaedin may be worth a tite but farming the first boss over and over till exalted and paying 1000g isnt worth one
    Agreed on all that except maybe the Kael and Vashj thing... probably would be better if they just kept the attunement in instead of the title, but whatever :
    I'm your maker, not thy saviour.

  12. #12

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    I like the idea of blizz giving titles but i think they took it too far...less people with titles makes it that much more cool to have. imo the only titles should be given for high end achievements to date for example...
    high warlord/grand marshall
    title for killing illidan
    title for killing kael

    etc...

    get rid of hand of adal, champion of the naaru, and any pvp title under rank 13
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro gen3
    i5-2500K - Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling
    G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8 GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133 RAM
    EVGA GTX 770 2 GB
    OCZ Vertex 3 120G Sata III SSD - WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    Corsair HX750 PSU - Rosewill Challenger U3 Case

  13. #13

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolter
    No one in there right mind should advertise the fact there a Grunt, just means they joined the game late and couldnt PvP enough for a decent title (or had a RL lol), Grunt means you wish you had a cool title but dont have the cojones to work for it... Centurion all the way lolz
    I would much rather have Grunt than this crappy Senior Sergeant title. :'(

  14. #14

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    I'd like to see some kind of title for the people who are exalted with all Outland factions....maybe "Ambassador" or something since 95% of the reason to grind revered rep (heroic keys) was reduced to honored with 2.3. It would certainly reward the people who focus on one toon instead of the player who levels 6 characters to 70. A little off topic, but whatever.

    I started playing right after TBC launched, so I don't have any title at all and my best chance at getting one is to continue working on the sluggish grind with AB and WSG to get Conqueror. So I guess the slack requirements of the SSO title is welcome for the people like me who've been playing a while and would like to have something to show for it, but dont have a guild to do bosses Mag and up.

  15. #15

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    thanks for all the info guys ;D

    WHEEE!!!!



  16. #16

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblaze
    1000g for a title. not worth it imo
    it's worth it if you have your own personal chinese gold farmer

  17. #17

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolter
    No one in there right mind should advertise the fact there a Grunt, just means they joined the game late and couldnt PvP enough for a decent title (or had a RL lol), Grunt means you wish you had a cool title but dont have the cojones to work for it... Centurion all the way lolz

    I'd imagine theres going to be a surge in PvE titles for most realms now because of the ease of this title, but i guess it'll keep some players happy with the sense of achievement of being able to get Exalted and waste 1000g, buy a mount morons!
    I wouldn't keep Grunt to showoff my uberleet skills you know?!
    I'd keep it because it says "Grunt".
    Any idea what a grunt is for the horde from before WoW?
    Thought so.

  18. #18

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    work complete!

    i wondered: why are there titles for: doing arena, but not being gladiator, doing heroic crap for a useless and nerfed attunement, and for another useless, nerfed attunement, while not a single one for completing the (main/lead) storyline of bc?- ie. killing illy. there sure won't be added one for killing kil(kil, kel, kael...damn, they should try and search for different names). alright, maybe with 80, when there's actually nothing easyer than doing it.
    "People spend too much time in their forum getting feedback from their own negative feelings"
    -Rabbimojo

  19. #19

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    work complete!

    i wondered: why are there titles for: doing arena, but not being gladiator, doing heroic crap for a useless and nerfed attunement, and for another useless, nerfed attunement, while not a single one for completing the (main/lead) storyline of bc?- ie. killing illy. there sure won't be added one for killing kil(kil, kel, kael...damn, they should try and search for different names). alright, maybe with 80, when there's actually nothing easyer than doing it.
    Work complete is a peon.

  20. #20

    Re: getting the shattered sun title

    I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw that title. So, basically, Blizzard can't come up with a creative way of obtaining a title, thus they just make it a gold dump for PvEers... makes perfect sense.

    I will personally make sure to go around and /laugh /spit on everyone with that title.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •