Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rumors about NO Badges in Kara in 2.4??

Hello,

I heard about this yesterday in one of our raids in karazahn.
    There a rumors about that the bosses in Karazahn in 2.4 will drop no badges of justice anymore. That will be a slap in the face for our guild.
    A guildmember told me that there will be no badges of justice anymore in karazahn when 2.4 cames out. Is that true??

She could not tell me where she read about this. I try to find some posts but couldn`t find anything about this.
    Know someone anything from the ptr?? Can anyone tell if this is the truth??

P.S. Sorry for my english. I try find to a similar topic but didn´t find it.

Re: Rumors about NO Badges in Kara in 2.4??

Blizzard haven't made any mention of that that I am aware of. A search at the WoW BlueTracker site for badge reveals nothing and a search for Karazhan reveals the same. In short I think your guildmate was just making stuff up to have a laugh.

I doubt it the way they are heading in terms of gear.

or he works for blizzard !?!?!?!??! na but ive saw/heard nothing about it either

Yeah i think so that he wants me to waste time and posting here.

But i cannot belive it, because the guildmate that told me is one of our raidleaders in the raid.

Hmm i quite a bit scary yesterday. I hope they will not changing it. Thanks for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Osukra
    Hello,

I heard about this yesterday in one of our raids in karazahn.
    There a rumors about that the bosses in Karazahn in 2.4 will drop no badges of justice anymore. That will be a slap in the face for our guild.
    A guildmember told me that there will be no badges of justice anymore in karazahn when 2.4 cames out. Is that true??

She could not tell me where she read about this. I try to find some posts but couldn`t find anything about this.
    Know someone anything from the ptr?? Can anyone tell if this is the truth??

P.S. Sorry for my english. I try find to a similar topic but didn´t find it.
    While I don't think this is at all true, I am curious as to how this would be a a 'slap in the face'. Kara didn't used to have badges, why would it be so insulting if they were removed?

Quote Originally Posted by fizyx
    While I don't think this is at all true, I am curious as to how this would be a a 'slap in the face'. Kara didn't used to have badges, why would it be so insulting if they were removed?
    Because Karazhan should clearly give BT-lvl loot.

God forbid we give guild a kick in the ass to jump to 25mans

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Badges should be removed from all 25 mans and karazhan

or just be given out in sunwell/bt/hyjal imo :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cronik

No, I believe they should just lower the quality of gear the badge vendor has. It is convenient that one can run Kara/ZA for badges to get some additional loot, but it is outrageous that they can get the caliber of loot dropping in 25 man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronik

No why should blizz delete the badges in there 10er and 25 instances. I would like to get to gruul/magdi/hyjal but i need as a tank good gear.
    And our guild need more people we need a coorperation with 2 guilds to get in there.

I can buy the gear from badges the new gear. Why delete the badges from kara and the 25 instances. you can do it faster and better when you have better gear.

But thats not the point. Deleting it will be a slap in the face, the people had to run heroics for it. Ok i will run 5 heroics a day to get the badges too, and whats the point. Runing heroics for badges this sucks. Kara makes more fun than heroics. And you can gear up your people faster this way. Especially healers new tanks...

No why should blizz delete the badges in there 10er and 25 instances. I would like to get to gruul/magdi/hyjal but i need as a tank good gear.
    And our guild need more people we need a coorperation with 2 guilds to get in there.

I can buy the gear from badges the new gear. Why delete the badges from kara and the 25 instances. you can do it faster and better when you have better gear.

But thats not the point. Deleting it will be a slap in the face, the people had to run heroics for it. Ok i will run 5 heroics a day to get the badges too, and whats the point. Runing heroics for badges this sucks. Kara makes more fun than heroics. And you can gear up your people faster this way. Especially healers new tanks...
    Please stop typing.

Why i should stop typing??

Ok my english is bad, but thats not the point.

well before all this tank gear for badges people were doing kara in blues to get gear for gruul and maggy if people could do that when kara was a little harder i cant see why you cant now.
    it makes people that had to farm gear in kara feel like theyve wasted there time when now you can farm gear in kara and get badges instead of having to do kara for gear and heroics for badges
    your doing whatwe done in half the time and getting twice the gear. fair much ?

Calminaion

Why does everybody keep moaning about the level of gear now available to the more casual player. It is, quite simply, a gear reset. When BC came out, by the time you left HFP, everyone was pretty much geared the same. It was a great equaliser, and something that was needed.

Considering this, you would have people entering outland having just dinged 60 with quest greens, together with other level 60s who had been there for years and has accumulated all the goodness of the game. Letting gear go unequalised would simply disadvantage the players who had not been playing the game since inception. The gear reset was necessary and, imo, worked well - it took 10 levels and 6 months (less, 4 months, maybe) for those players who had been at the crest of the gear curve to get back there again - no harm done ... if that's the space you play in, you'll always be at the front.

The gear reset is now just happening a touch sooner ... the idea is that by the time that Wrath has come out (or at least after the first 2 levels in Northrend), everyone will be back on the same footing, and the race starts again, it's a good concept, and it works well.

Imagine if these gear resets never happened ... the gaps between the players who have been playing for 4 years and those who've been playing for 6 months, both max level (80) would be so huge, it would be insane.

Providing badges in Kara at the stage they did, was just another way of narrowing the immenent gap between those who can put in 6 hours a night, and those who can put in 3 hours a night, twice a week. The guys who have 5/5 t6, have had that elite position for the last 6-8 months ... a casual player getting similar gear now doesn't have the same impact ... it's not there for leetness, it's there for the equalising effect ahead of the next expansion.

Feel free to support your "rumour" with a reliable source. "One of my guild members told me that..." isn't really reliable.. Though, if you think that, here are a few rumours, just fresh out of the making:

- WotLK will add nagas as playable race for alliance, while horde gets void walkers.
    - Nagas will get bicycles as mounts while void walkers get fel hunters.
    - A new class will be added to WotLK called "Superman". They can fly and look cool.
    - 2.4 will remove all the bosses in dungeons and will replace them with gear vendors
    - Magtheridon will get nerfed further in 2.4.1. You know only have to spam "/s Die plx m8!!11" until he drops. Beta tester mentioned that you only have to spam that about 4-7 until he dies.
    - Ad'al will hand out level 70 epics with 2.4 upon entering Outland.
    - A new NPC called "Him8makeMeC00LplX" has been added to Shattrath City. He will alter the players level to 70 after talking with him.
    - Mages will be removed from the game in 2.4.2. Portals will be given to warlocks. They ability to conjure food and water will be given to moonkin druids (This will give the raid a reason to take them aboard).
    - The cost for the epic flying mount training will get lowered in 2.4 to 2000 gold.

i agree with the gear being reset per expansion so everyone has the same start but closing the gap between t6 gear and badge gear i dont agree with. the gear is besigned to be good enough to do the next peice of content reason being t6 is better than t4 but if people who do karazhan or even gruuls lair get t6 equivilent gear then the effectively can do black temple which means skilpping out on a big part of content a part of content we(people in black temple now) had to do in order to get there. if a full t6 tank see's something from boj that maybe would be an upgrade for him well than thats just plain stupid since all you need to get a boj is honored with a faction and 4 pugs gear comes with progression. i dont think pvpers would like it if people could get pvp weapons and shoulders(if not the rest of the set) that was compairable to the current season set through badges just as pve'rs dont like how there making compairable loot from badges. gear is awarded on difficulty (with some acceptions "hyjal lol") and to be truthful karazhn isnt difficult neither is anything else that awards badges.proof that karazhan isnt difficult alot of t6 guilds have 5 manned with ofc a mix of know how and gear

Deleted

Hope the enter key on your keyboard gets fixed soon!

In short, no, they are not dropping badges from KZ any time soon. It's more likely that they'd be dropped from heroics first and that's pretty much the whole reason for heroics.

It does make me laugh though, when I see people in full badge gear, saying they need better kit before "stepping up" to Gruul / SSC. I just imagine their faces when they finally manage it and see that the loot that drops isn't as good as what they already have ....

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    Hope the enter key on your keyboard gets fixed soon!

In short, no, they are not dropping badges from KZ any time soon. It's more likely that they'd be dropped from heroics first and that's pretty much the whole reason for heroics.

It does make me laugh though, when I see people in full badge gear, saying they need better kit before "stepping up" to Gruul / SSC. I just imagine their faces when they finally manage it and see that the loot that drops isn't as good as what they already have ....
    Ok thats a point. But think logically. When the new Sunwell badgeloot comes out you need 100 badges for one item.
    When kara do not drop any badges in future anymore. You have to do a lot of heroics for that loot. That isn´t fair.
    You lose once a week 20 badges. We finish Karazahn in 3-5 Hours.

My tank has allready full epic gear from kara, but i need better gear to start Gruul/Magdi/Zulaman. With the badgegear i can start to gear better and face the new instances without having any hard problems.
    My healers think the same.

i think your over estimating the level of gear you need for gruuls+ it can be done in a mix of epics and blues if not blues and greens