Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Rumors about NO Badges in Kara in 2.4??

Quote Originally Posted by Osukra
    Ok thats a point. But think logically. When the new Sunwell badgeloot comes out you need 100 badges for one item.
    When kara do not drop any badges in future anymore. You have to do a lot of heroics for that loot. That isn´t fair.
    You lose once a week 20 badges. We finish Karazahn in 3-5 Hours.

My tank has allready full epic gear from kara, but i need better gear to start Gruul/Magdi/Zulaman. With the badgegear i can start to gear better and face the new instances without having any hard problems.
    My healers think the same.
    If your Tank and Healers are all fully Kara geared and you still cannot get Gruul then i'm afraid your guild may have far larger issues that are not associated with gear.

I don't think they are going to take away Kara badges, the average cost of Sunwell items implies they won't in addition to their adding Epic Gems to ease to burden on T6 Guilds who mostly have Spinel queues.

Personally, I've been farming Illidan for months, do I feel aggreived that other people are going to see the fight? No. Simple fact is that TBC placed in one or two bosses to act as stupidity checks as well as gear checks and they are 90% of the reason some guilds cannot progress. Giving them T6 equivalent gear isn't going to stop them being mindless and incompetant. What it will provide, is a potential opportunity for less geared exceptional players to gear up to a level that they will be recruited by a cutting edge guild, so in that respect i'm all for it.

i tanked gruul on my warrior in bold gear and like 2 kara epics.
    Your really over estimating the gear level for the two encounters.

Deleted

Ok thats a point. But think logically. When the new Sunwell badgeloot comes out you need 100 badges for one item.
    When kara do not drop any badges in future anymore. You have to do a lot of heroics for that loot. That isn´t fair.
    You lose once a week 20 badges. We finish Karazahn in 3-5 Hours.

My tank has allready full epic gear from kara, but i need better gear to start Gruul/Magdi/Zulaman. With the badgegear i can start to gear better and face the new instances without having any hard problems.
    My healers think the same.
    Dude, stop worrying about Karazhan badges. They're not going to vanish!

As for the gear? I think I was wearing a combination of old T3, lvl 70 dungeon blues and 2-3 KZ epics when I first tanked Gruul. That was pre-nerf.

Really and truly, take a look at the reasons you're not moving on and I don't think you'll find it's because you're under-equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    Dude, stop worrying about Karazhan badges. They're not going to vanish!

As for the gear? I think I was wearing a combination of old T3, lvl 70 dungeon blues and 2-3 KZ epics when I first tanked Gruul. That was pre-nerf.

Really and truly, take a look at the reasons you're not moving on and I don't think you'll find it's because you're under-equipped.
    All the pro's tanked him in their Twill sets. You cheated by using Plate gear. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos
    Feel free to support your "rumour" with a reliable source. "One of my guild members told me that..." isn't really reliable..
    ofc it isn't, thats why he asks here.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thelegend
    All the pro's tanked him in their Twill sets. You cheated by using Plate gear. ;D
    aw damn, I lost a bunch of rolls on twill though, and it just doesn't work without the full set bonus! 8)

nowhere its meantioned that they remove it....some idiot made a joke of it on your server i think

Everyone also forgets that badge loot may be equal to T6, but it isn't close to Sunwell loot. All of us in full T6 can still feel better than everyone because we'll have shiny new blood elf suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dareos
    Feel free to support your "rumour" with a reliable source. "One of my guild members told me that..." isn't really reliable.. Though, if you think that, here are a few rumours, just fresh out of the making:

- WotLK will add nagas as playable race for alliance, while horde gets void walkers.
    - Nagas will get bicycles as mounts while void walkers get fel hunters.
    - A new class will be added to WotLK called "Superman". They can fly and look cool.
    - 2.4 will remove all the bosses in dungeons and will replace them with gear vendors
    - Magtheridon will get nerfed further in 2.4.1. You know only have to spam "/s Die plx m8!!11" until he drops. Beta tester mentioned that you only have to spam that about 4-7 until he dies.
    - Ad'al will hand out level 70 epics with 2.4 upon entering Outland.
    - A new NPC called "Him8makeMeC00LplX" has been added to Shattrath City. He will alter the players level to 70 after talking with him.
    - Mages will be removed from the game in 2.4.2. Portals will be given to warlocks. They ability to conjure food and water will be given to moonkin druids (This will give the raid a reason to take them aboard).
    - The cost for the epic flying mount training will get lowered in 2.4 to 2000 gold.
    Lol - the naga mount and superman class ones are great

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    In short, no, they are not dropping badges from KZ any time soon.
    I just couldn't hold on to myself this time, the abbrevation KZ for Karazhan is some kind of offensive *g*
    As my signature tells you: I'm german. And I also play on a german server but I mostly read the english forums and websites because the level of the german fansites is a whole lot lower than the official blizzard forums.

So I did find myself asking in the LFG channel "Suchen noch 3 DDs für KZ Raid pst" which would obviously be translated to "Looking for 3 DD for KZ raid pst" I put it on the channel like 5 or 6 times when a GM asked me if I got a minute. He told me that I was gonna get banned for 3 days for breaking the EULA by using offensive language.
    Literally speaking, I was totally like "WTF?!?!" and the GM then explained to me that it was a sick joke to call for "KZ raids" and that the time of the third reich would be over and it will never come back. Before I was able to answer on that one I already got disconnected. (No worries, had a talk with their customer support on the phone and got my account back the next with 1 day of free play)
    To lighten up the dark for those unfamiliar with german history: In the time between 1933-1945 about 15 million people were brutally tortured and a lot of them killed in so called "Konzentrationslager" (abbreviated: KZ).
    So a "KZ raid" or a "KZ party" ain't a that funny thing to talk about. Even talking about "loot from KZ" remembering that backgrund feels a little bit weird. It never came to my mind to connect World of Warcraft and the dark moments of german history. Though I can assure you, there are no undead, demons or dragonkin in the ruins of the above mentioned KZ. And it feels good to see people using such abbrevations without beeing constantly reminded to the WWII. We get reminded and pushed into a bad consciesness (I hate this word and always spell it wrong "Gewissen" is so much easier) during our education at school a lot so we are more sensitive to abbrevations like that.

Sorry for hyjacking the threat, but I think the original theme was already answered a few times:
    No change to badges in kara

I don't think anything like this will happen considering that Blizz is adding badges to 25 man raid bosses in 2.4, and I think that your friend probably just repeating something she heard someone say. Or some elitist talking on a thread about how unfair it is that the next badge rewards will be similar to BT type gear, and how they should do away with the badges from Kara, since Kara is really easy to get badges from. I wouldn't worry much about what your friend was saying.

Hello,

I heard about this yesterday in one of our raids in karazahn.
    There a rumors about that the bosses in Karazahn in 2.4 will drop no badges of justice anymore. That will be a slap in the face for our guild.
    A guildmember told me that there will be no badges of justice anymore in karazahn when 2.4 cames out. Is that true??

She could not tell me where she read about this. I try to find some posts but couldn`t find anything about this.
    Know someone anything from the ptr?? Can anyone tell if this is the truth??

P.S. Sorry for my english. I try find to a similar topic but didn´t find it.
    If you give me your credit card number and all your personal information, you will become the new Jesus of the 21th century. True Story!
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

remember the little purple things that dropped in heroic dungeon i called a heroic badge. remember when you had to grind rep to get into the extra mode of the said instance? oh those were the day when i kicked Mennu's heroic ass in my 67 green quest green.... oh how i miss thee....

They will not be dropping badges from Kara with 2.4. On top of adding badges to the 25-mans I thought I read somewhere here on MMO that they would be adding a badge to each boss drop in Kara (ex: 4 badges for Prince instead of 3). If I find a link I'll post it.

how do you propose for someone to gain gear for an offspec or someone that can only play for 1-2 hours a day?

Most people don't buy raid gear for offspecs (unless your dkp system allows it, in a convenient way). I really don't understand why there's this huge outcry over badge rewards...BT/hyjal gear is still superior to it. its only there as filler for SSC/TK guilds, or someone in Hyjal+ that didnt get a specific item they wanted...

honestly i think its just an epeen thing. "But I got my loot from Hyjal! people shouldnt be able to run heroics and get said quality of gear!" why? cause having more playing time than them qualifies you for a certain item level?