Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: New 2.4 Build - Classes and TTR changes

So the in fitty-tucking Baggins did they nerf Blink? That makes no friggin' sense.

edit: Neeevermind, wowhead incorrectly lists Blink as 15% base mana. What the crap?

Octopus, mana isn't an issue for resto druid, yes, but it is for moonkins in PvP. I take balance druids as an example cos' a play one but i guess it's quite a problem for a feral too in a long fight.
    I think they changed it to balance a little bit the lifebloom nerf (1000+ spell damage gives me something like 120/bloom on tic, it was pretty insane).
    Now, Balbaroy, the main strength of the shaman, in 3v3, is his shield which makes him a lot harder to take down for a rogue or a warrior. Shamans, paladins and priests are tanking healers. Druids are "fleeing healers" if you like (faster than others, cannot be slowed down/immobilized...), this is why a druid will always be a better healer in PvP compared to a shaman or a paladin in 2vs2 or 3vs3.
    By the way, grounding totem makes you immune to cyclone and earthshock stops its casting. You probably were out of range from the totem and missed your earthshock (resist? too late?).

The problem is really that grounding has a 15 sec cooldown, ES a 6 sec cooldown..and cyclone a 1.5 sec casting time. YOu can dealy it a bit, but you cannot prevent it.

Another problem with the shaman concept of "tanking healer" is that their "tank", aka earth shield, can be removed without too much of a problem, even with the new 30% resistance. It would be compareable if travel form of the druid could be dispelled.

IDK how undispellable HS wud be a problem, but that my opinion
    I generally don't care.

This is enough for me as holy paladin. Just hope WAR and AOC can deliver. They are truely doing their best to make WoW just 3 healing classes. Gratz BLizzard.

what the fu** 21% base mana? this is more than before oO
    fu** blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyman
    what the fu** 21% base mana? this is more than before oO
    fu** blizz
    Mages are OP, particularly on the 2v2 arena. Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by insidelane

lololololololol you're not serious are you?
    Are you one of these people who think War/Pal still dominate 2v2?

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia

try playing a shaman in pvp and see what lack luster really means
    Actually my main is a Shaman and I love to play her in PvP. Holy Paladins are in so much of a worse state than Shamans will ever be.

wow, blink now costs 21% of base mana, that seems even more expensive than before.

nevermind, the standard is 28% currrently. that isn't too bad of a decrease then (3/4 of what it did cost...)

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus
    Are you one of these people who think War/Pal still dominate 2v2?
    No, but to suggest Paladins are in any way broken in PvE is laughable.

Paladins aren't broken in PvE but they are and always were the most boring healing class to play. I can't speak for everyone but in my guild 3/4 healadins including me ( been paladin since wow release ) are gonna roll another class for Wotlk.

PS : Excuse me for my english I'm french

If you are spam flashing then yes they are boring. But downranking HL and changing heals to maximize efficiency on the flly is hardly boring imo. I like healing on my pally (been playing it since release as well). I have rolled DPS and tank classes though just to play around with.

Quote Originally Posted by insidelane
    Oh .. Enlighten me then ? what class is suffering more ? How many Retri paladins do you think are wearing full tier 6 now ? Compare that to warlock and Priests maybe ? Same tokens you know...

Btw - Im holy. But I can tell when ppl are talking (Libram of) absolute bullshit.. And no - thats not the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Derathor
    If you are spam flashing then yes they are boring. But downranking HL and changing heals to maximize efficiency on the flly is hardly boring imo. I like healing on my pally (been playing it since release as well). I have rolled DPS and tank classes though just to play around with.
    You do realise tho that all the downranking part has been rewerted by BLizzard now ? That was just a temporary fix so that all Holy palas didn't quit when Illumination was taken down to 60%.

Flash of light is back beeing the only viable fast heals from paladins. And yes - its getting boring. I've played holy paladin for the past 3 years and Im not even gonna give BLizzard the pleasure of rerolling. My reroll will be in WAR or AOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlcoil
    Please shut up, druids are not the overpowered powerhouses whiners like yourself make them out to be. The only part of this horribly biased and hate filled comment is the part about Resto druids not having mana problems.

Resto druids are low tier healers btw in PvE, so please get your facts straight. 2v2 arenas are not the only thing in this game, I wish you QQers would recognize this.
    It's only nautral to defend Resto Druids, they are amazing healers. All I want is for Holy Paladins to be up to where Resto Druids are in terms of overall PvP. I don't like to raid because raiding guilds are mostly fueled by greed and an unhealthy obsession, but I'd like to see Holy Paladins have a more interesting time healing there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Derathor
    Downranking is pretty much useless now except rank 7 greater ( or 8 don't remenber )
    I'm not talking about raid trashs or heroweaks here but 25 mans raid bosses where we are the best at healing the tanks, especially the MT, and in this case you don't downrank because you have to start casting before he takes dommage ( and interrupt before the end if he doesn't take any ) so you really can't know exactly how much he is gonna take and as we frenchies say it is better to have too much than not enough. And before you talk about mana, I'm farming Illidan and never had a problem with it.

Same as above

Farming Illidan

Rank 9 spam if you want to see your Tank alive. Nothing less will do. But then. Pile up hots that do 1.2k per tick and u kinda figure out how pointless flash is. Not to talk about rank 4 holy light. Thats also 1.2 heal with 2 sec cast. Kinda says it all doesn't it ?

21% Basemana on blink oO

i got 9500 mana so...

9500 : 100 = 95 x 21 = 1995 so blink would cost me 1995mana?? or do i understand that wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyman
    21% Basemana on blink oO

i got 9500 mana so...

9500 : 100 = 95 x 21 = 1995 so blink would cost me 1995mana?? or do i understand that wrong ?
    No. Get off all ur gear. Look on mana now. This is ur base mana.

Now about lifebloom. In 1st PTR build emproved rejuvenation (tier8 talent in resto tree) now will works with final lifebloom tick. It's +20% from bonus healing.
    In this PTR build we have -20% from bonus healing to lifebloom overall. Resto druids now have same lifebloom what they have on live, but feral and moonkins got nerf. Yes, nerf moonkin and feral more =) Thats what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxgmc
    Yes, nerf moonkin and feral more =) Thats what we need.
    Can i sense sarcasm??? :-X
    I generally don't care.