Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: New 2.4 Build - Classes and TTR changes

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow
    Or maybe you could I don't know put your money where your mouth is and log on the PTR realm and check?

Go on ...I dare you to

No need to be an ass. I reactivated my acct a week before they launched the PTR, and therefore CANT log on there. So !

And to Kellan, thanks, lol i for got about that stuff, and now realize that yes, it's a buff. 422 mana, 'bout time i say. although i would have been fine with the current live cost if they lower the CD. 15 seconds vs. a rogue is a lifetime, usually a short one.

regarding the blink-issue, i took a look at my stats ...
    the armory sais that my intellect-value of 462 increases my mana by 6650
    though by having 8893 manapionts, my basemana-value should be 2243 mana
    21 % of this is 471,03 mana
    concluding: blink-cost reduced

Quote Originally Posted by insidelane
    Seems I do. Also seems your raid thinks you're a lot worse then their priests.
    Nope - Im just beeing realistic. Ive been holy paladin from day one with over 200 days played. All instances and Im probably one of the first person to be picked for any of our encounters. That does not mean I now have the same healing powers that I had before compared to other healing classes. Now Paladins are becoming the effective healing class while the others can throw out heals left right and center with all players piled up. Overhealing of over 70% is standard from priest perspective now. It doesn't make them great players. It just means they can spam group heals.

We still loose half the raid when they have to shield someone cause they are looking at how great they are on healing meters. :P Thats not skill - thats thinking you are uber cause you are not using your abilites to keep players alive. THats simualre to a paladin refusing to cleanse ppl.

But its always nice to see a Priest who is just happy for his own arse as long as there are 6 priests in raid. Thats all that is needed to say about your arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon

We still loose half the raid when they have to shield someone cause they are looking at how great they are on healing meters. :P Thats not skill - thats thinking you are uber cause you are not using your abilites to keep players alive. THats simualre to a paladin refusing to cleanse ppl.
    To an extent this is the result of meters - if damage meters can be pretty bad if misused, healing meters can be twice as damaging. Sadly this type of thinking seems to be unavoidable sometimes.

I don't use meters...

But its always nice to see a Priest who is just happy for his own arse as long as there are 6 priests in raid. Thats all that is needed to say about your arguments.
    Show me any raid that regularly takes 6 priests over say one or two. In fact tonight we only ran with one priest (me) for Kael. Paladins have FAR better stacking ability than priests and this has been the reason that most guilds will only take two and maybe just one to a raid (Fort, CoH/Imp spirit).

I don't use meters...

Show me any raid that regularly takes 6 priests over say one or two. In fact tonight we only ran with one priest (me) for Kael. Paladins have FAR better stacking ability than priests and this has been the reason that most guilds will only take two and maybe just one to a raid (Fort, CoH/Imp spirit).
    Tell your guild to stack the pala buffs from alts outside TK before you go for Kael. Then you might realise how important it is to have a Paladin standing inside....

Your talking TK - a very simple place. And if you can't use your abilites in a fight like Kael witch is multipahsed - where ALL the diffrent abilites of the priests can shine the most. Then omg - your guild really has some poor priests.

Wait till you get to MH and BT and then you see the important of having diffrent abilites.

THere are over 3 months since my guild last took less than 3 priests in raid. Usually its 4-5. Considering that there are 2 DIFFRENT specs of priests then I dont see why holy priests are complaining not having 3 holy prirests in every single raid. 3 players from each class is norm in 25 man content - if you didn't realise that. And yes 4-5 of same class is over the top. Maybe consider it seeing 4 warriors in every single raid. Thats also two way class. You dont see anything wrong with that ? 4-5 priests and 4-5 warriors? 8-10 spots out of 25 for 2 classes.

We have 7 active priests in our raiding guild - 2 shadow and 5 holy. Compare that to 5 palas. 2 prot and 3 holy. 4 druids. 2 healing ones. 5 shamans. 2 healing ones. We have killed Illidan. In fact we did so without one single healing shaman first kill. And you are crying about what exaclty ? You beeing not viable enough or because Paladins are now pointing out that after 4 consecutive patches of nerfs while others are beeing buffed - it might actually be time to rethink and see whats going on in high end raiding ?

Guess not.

Your talking TK - a very simple place. And if you can't use your abilites in a fight like Kael witch is multipahsed - where ALL the diffrent abilites of the priests can shine the most. Then omg - your guild really has some poor priests.
    Umm when did I ever say I didn't know how to use my all my abilities?

We have 7 active priests in our raiding guild - 2 shadow and 5 holy. Compare that to 5 palas. 2 prot and 3 holy. 4 druids. 2 healing ones. 5 shamans. 2 healing ones. We have killed Illidan. In fact we did so without one single healing shaman first kill. And you are crying about what exaclty ? You beeing not viable enough or because Paladins are now pointing out that after 4 consecutive patches of nerfs while others are beeing buffed - it might actually be time to rethink and see whats going on in high end raiding ? Guess not.
    I never "cried" about anything really. In fact, it was YOU who was "crying" about paladins only being useful for buffs and nothing else.

Umm when did I ever say I didn't know how to use my all my abilities?

I never "cried" about anything really. In fact, it was YOU who was "crying" about paladins only being useful for buffs and nothing else.
    And you dissagreed - and I pointed out why I think your wrong. So ?

If a class becomes at any point so useless that a buff outside instance instead of bringing them with you into raid becomes a real possibility - then there is defenelty something wrong. We are now at that stage in terms of holy paladins. You dont see it but I can. It has nothing to do with my skills or other players skills. It has to do with the ability of the class to perform in diffrent fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon
    No need to be an ass. I reactivated my acct a week before they launched the PTR, and therefore CANT log on there. So !
    I'm sorry If I come off as an ass . Didnt realise my comment come off sounding that way.

My point was there was a very easy way to confirm if it was a buff or not - log on to the current build of the PTR and check yourself

If you want me to I can check myself today sometime (will have to be later as I got attacked last night and have to replace some stuff i was carrying)