Poll: Which class in your opinion requires the most skill to play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Class that requires the most 'skill' to play?

Which class do you think requires the most skill to play well in PvP? I know a lot has to do with personal playstyle preferences, but which do you think requires the most effort to play well?

I'm kinda leaning towards druid, with the whole shapeshifting, healing, cc'ing, kiting, fleeing etc etc. Seems like it would take quite a while to practice, and you'd have to be great at adapting to the situation.

And don't just vote for the class that you play. :

Re: Class that requires the most 'skill' to play?

I'd say mage. Haven't played one @ 70 but that's what it seems like. Having so many abilities (CC, burst, silence etc) you have to keep focusing on everything.

PS: talking about pvp ofc, pve is just so boring...
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    The definition of balance is when all the classes are whining at the same time, at the same volume.

I would still say Rogue...
    A well played Rogue can bring nearly everything down

(Right timed Stuns/CoS and so on)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelmi
    I'd say mage. Haven't played one @ 70 but that's what it seems like. Having so many abilities (CC, burst, silence etc) you have to keep focusing on everything.
    Hmm, I dunno. It's not as complicated as it seems. Yeah a good mage can be deadly, but all it is right now is just shatter combo's and keeping sheeps/silence on targets. Just keeping an eye on your nova cooldown to hit lol-lance.

I guess I've been playing mage for a long time, so I've just gotten used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelmi
    PS: talking about pvp ofc, pve is just so boring...
    And yeah, this is strictly talking pvp. Nothing is hard to play in pve.

most of the druids i've seen only know how to spam mangle and use cyclone, how do you say a class takes more skill because it has more abilities, it just makes it easier to counter classes with less than yours

I picked mage, but hardest to play well is hunter. We have one good hunter on our server, and all the rest are not so great.

I am dying a little bit inside because druid has so many votes.

I'd go with Warrior, Rogue, Druid, in that order.

Granted all three you can do decently just being dumb and using 3 buttons... but for people who want to get much more in depth, those are the classes imo which have the depth. It's not just a lot of buttons... it's a lot of abilities which are situational which can be used to further yourself out from the pack. The difference between a really good warrior, rogue, druid, and a mediocre one is just incredible, and that's what makes those three classes stand out to me.

Every class has some depth (except loladins ), but those are the three with imo the greatest amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia
    most of the druids i've seen only know how to spam mangle and use cyclone, how do you say a class takes more skill because it has more abilities, it just makes it easier to counter classes with less than yours
    This is probably atleast in some point true. Having a class (for example shaman) I don't have many tools to use but still I can kill many other classes pretty easily. Does that make me skilled? Probably not, spamming lightning bolt isn't so hard.

Druids for example have a lot of skills, which makes deciding which one to use harder. I'm not going to say druids require the most skill because they're so OP atm :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    The definition of balance is when all the classes are whining at the same time, at the same volume.

i'd say hardest class to play is 2 of em... paladin and shaman... if they got counterspelled they got 6-8 sec lock down.... hardest to find on ally side is skilled ele shamans tbh... needs very good timing etc... with trinket... casting... healing... totems... and still prevent their team mate to die... resto isn't as hard to play as enh/ele due to you got better survivalty...
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

Deleted

I'd say hunter is the hardest one to master and get high rated. I know some people think it's just bashing multishot, but that couldn't be further from truth.

People actually vote for warriors. LOL
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Molten+Core&n=Regdar

15+ Year Old Account

I have chosen shaman, no cc, dies fast, although good burst in enh. and a well played ele shaman can't die. But shaman still is the hardest class to play imo. Couldn't choose between shaman and mage. I got a 70 shaman and my highest mage is about lvl 8 :P But I see mages having a hard time vs alot of classes/speccs. Think a mage is pretty hard to play well. But like I said, I have chosen shaman since I got one myself and it's really hard, can't believe only me voted on it ^^

lol someone actually voted for warlocks

Umm, is it hard to reach high rating with a restodruid? No, it is not. Is it hard to reach high rating as a shaman? Yes, it is.
    =
    ?

And about the mage and the rogue, doesnt it get easier then that? I have never ever played vs a bad rogue in pvp but I have played vs good rogues and excellent rogues. Dont you all agree on that? I'd say that to be an good shaman or shadowpriest take the most skills. Yet there is an incredible diffrence between spriest and dpriest so my vote fell on shaman.

EDIT: And yeah, warriors? Who voted that?

Destruction Warlock.
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o12/Vexn/Axe.png

Please read the signature rules.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaemi
    Destruction Warlock.
    None of the warlocks speccs are hard to play....one is a bit easier then the other, but not really hard, especially not when you look at Shaman / Mage / Pala which requires alot more skill. Warlocks still are the easiest class to play, green geared warlocks can pwn epic shamans if played well

8 votes for warrior? haha seriously.. erm i would personally say druid would be the toughest to 'master' although some people are right in saying that any half decent druid can get good ratings which is true. Second to that is probably hunter

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    8 votes for warrior? haha seriously.. erm i would personally say druid would be the toughest to 'master' although some people are right in saying that any half decent druid can get good ratings which is true. Second to that is probably hunter
    Hmm, you are saying it's stupid to vote on warrior since it aint hard, but a druid IS hard..? Like you said: any half decent druid can get good ratings..then it can't really be hard right?

I would vote for Druid / Mage, cause they all have many abilities and the hardest thing in playing is to allways know what to do in the right moment.

I've got a Mage myself but I allmost only play pvp with my Warrior.

There are lots of Druids on our realmpool, but I think you can count the realm good ones on 1 Hand :P

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Hmm, you are saying it's stupid to vote on warrior since it aint hard, but a druid IS hard..? Like you said: any half decent druid can get good ratings..then it can't really be hard right?
    nah i said a druid is porbably the toughest or longest class too master / get nailed down 100%