Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sunwell recolors, Darkmoon Faire hotfix, Blue posts

Sunwell items recolors
    I think it's not a big surprise if I say that the 2.4 Patch introduced a lot of new item models in the game, most of them aren't used more than once but there is actually tons of different skins available for all the weapons added in each patch. Patch 2.4 items aren't an exception and Blizzard added a few color variations for each weapons added to the game, you probably won't see most of them in game, recolors are mostly here for :
    • New items using old models (Arena weapons, or just loot from future dungeons/encounters)
    • Weapons used by NPCs and recolored to fit their style.
    • Nothing, 90% of the recolors are here "just in case", you'll never see them in game but they still look nice.

Thanks a lot to endarion for all his work on the screenshots.

Darkmoon faire hotfix
    There was a "bug" with the Darkmoon Faire this month and it spawned one week early. According to the calendar on the official site, it should have been this week but it seems that
    [blizzquote="Kisirani;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5103878682&postId=52356038068&sid=1#12]I apologize greatly for the miscommunication between my team and the web team who maintains the event calendar. The March Darkmoon Faire was listed a week later than it actually occurred.[/blizzquote"]
    However, after a very long talk on the official forums, Blizzard decided to hotfix it and the Darkmoon faire will be active for one more week, starting after the next maintenance.
    Originally Posted by Drysc (Blue Tracker)
    A hotfix has been applied that will start Darkmoon Faire after the next realm restart or maintenance, which are currently scheduled to conclude at 11:00 AM PDT, March 11.

This will resolve the issue with the Faire running one week earlier than expected and will match the dates of the Faire to those listed on the event calender.

Uldum
    It's been a while since the last time we heard anything about Uldum, but Drysc decided to post a little something about it.
    No, it's definitely a dungeon we're keen on opening at some point. Whether that can actually happen or not, or when, hasn't had any final decisions announced. It's a location rich in Titan lore so it's of course something everyone is excited to see come to fruition.

I find the door still interesting as something has obviously broken out. Was there something meant to be contained within Uldum, to be forgotten, that's escaped? Possibly something we don't even associate with the Titans or their creations. Maybe something we take for granted, I don't know, but I like that idea.

Arena season 4 reminder
    A small post to explain once again how sets are going to change with the season 4, Drysc also confirms that the Season 4 won't start anytime soon.
    We've only stated that Season 2 is moving to honor, Season 1 is being removed, and Season 3 prices will be lowered. Whether Season 4 or Season 2 prices will change from the Season 1 and Season 3 sets they're replacing has not yet been stated.

One thing that's more certain is that Season 4 isn't going to start for quite a while.

Sunwell Plateau still closed on PTRs
    The Sunwell Plateau needs more fixing and is still closed for public testing.
    [blizzquote="Daelo;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5103819252&postId=52354446358&sid=1#0]The Sunwell Raid instance on the PTR is still closed for public testing at this time. Check back here for updates on future testing opportunities during this week.[/blizzquote"]

No more changes to socket bonuses in the future
    [blizzquote="Hortus;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4665488769&postId=52352744252&sid=1#172]I didn't say we can't change socket bonuses, clearly we have in the past, and when we did it caused problems that required hotfixes. These problems may not have affected you personally but they did affect many players. We will not be making changes to socket bonuses in the future to avoid these problems. That is the end of discussion on this topic.[/blizzquote"]

Tabards/Robes bugs
    Sometimes wearing a tabard over a robe will only show the top half of the tabard, it's a known issue but sadly it can't really be fixed and you'll have to live with it.
    [blizzquote="Drysc;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5103879525&postId=52356046637&sid=1#1]t's been a while since this was asked of the designers/artists but if I remember correctly the reasoning given at the time was that it was not a bug or oversight, but a decision based on technical limitations. The way our armor and animation systems work, of which I will not pretend I have any knowledge of, would make it extremely difficult and labor intensive to have the tabards show properly over the robes and actually look right/good. Something like having to change the entire system as well as remodel every piece or robe armor or some-such, I can't recall the details. So anyway, the decision was made to just hide the bottom portion.[/blizzquote"]

Re: Sunwell recolors, Darkmoon Faire hotfix, Blue posts

Yay, another week of Darkmoon Faire! Perhaps I'll have some luck with blue gems this time

About the Tabard & Robe bug, I haven't noticed it at all. Does anyone happen to have a screenshot of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Qweertyy
    Yay, another week of Darkmoon Faire! Perhaps I'll have some luck with blue gems this time

About the Tabard & Robe bug, I haven't noticed it at all. Does anyone happen to have a screenshot of it?
    Havnt seem to notice anny bug, except that were hollowed out xD

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    Havnt seem to notice anny bug, except that were hollowed out xD
    Same here :P
    But to be honest, would be ugly if the tabard wouldn't be "buggy", imo.

Deleted

All this talk about uldum has made me moist.... 8)

Here is a screenshot of the tabard issue (yes it is a current screenshot and yes my warlock is still wearing robes of the void and nemesis crown since I pretty much abandoned her when TBC came out).

You can see how only the top half of the tabard is shown with the legs portion completely invisible.

Re: Blue posts

Uldaman, ok ...
    Uldum closed but over there ...

and Ulduar ... where is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Qweertyy
    It's always really annoyed me, since my two mains are clothies. It's a shame it'll never be fixed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by the_nell_87
    It's always really annoyed me, since my two mains are clothies. It's a shame it'll never be fixed, though.
    Blizzard are too lazy to change this... 15$ a month isn't enough I gess. :

I completely understand the concern over the tabard issue, however, it was coded wrong in the beginning. If it would take re-coding every piece of leg gear in the game... I would rather them spend their time on something better... like getting 2.4 out as soon as humanly possible .

Quote Originally Posted by the_nell_87
    It's been like that since day 1.

We've only stated that Season 2 is moving to honor, Season 1 is being removed, and Season 3 prices will be lowered. Whether Season 4 or Season 2 prices will change from the Season 1 and Season 3 sets they're replacing has not yet been stated.

One thing that's more certain is that Season 4 isn't going to start for quite a while.
    S2 goes on honor when 2.4 releases or when S4 releases?

Quote Originally Posted by Activist
    S2 goes on honor when 2.4 releases or when S4 releases?
    s4.

They also changed the cost of the Epic JC patterns on the SSO JC vendor, up to 50g a pop

(notice I'm revered, so at exalted they'll be 40g each)

Considering there are 38 patterns, thats quite a hit.

Factoring in rep. discounts, the total cost (if buying the patterns as soon as their available) is now:

Friendly: 617g 50s (13 patterns x 47.5g each)
    Honored: 405g (9 patterns x 45g each)
    Revered: 340g (8 patterns x 42.5g each)
    Exalted: 320g (8 patterns x 40g each)

for a total of 1682g and 50s for the old Scale of the Sands/Hyjal dropped recipes.

The four new epic cuts also cost 50g each, and are available at revered with SSO, decreasing their cost to 42.50. The new Regal Nightseye cut, available at revered, costs 10g 20s, and the 2 new meta cuts cost 12g 75s (also at revered) for a total of 205g, 70s.

This brings the total cost of all JC cuts available from SSO to 1888g and 20s.

EDIT: The Alchemist stone patterns prices have also been increased, to 21g 25s at Revered, or 20g at exalted when they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by fizyx

EDIT: The Alchemist stone patterns prices have also been increased, to 21g 25s at Revered, or 20g at exalted when they are available.
    Thx for the info - anyway, compared to the 500g+ it costs in mats ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrostemplar
    Thx for the info - anyway, compared to the 500g+ it costs in mats ...
    AT least you're not a a JC :P Hell, I'm workin on SotS rep, and I'm still not looking forward to buying these patterns, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fizyx
    AT least you're not a a JC :P Hell, I'm workin on SotS rep, and I'm still not looking forward to buying these patterns, lol.
    Well, 50g per pattern for epic gems cut, this is much better than the 200-500g per pattern for blue gems u can find in Auction House (and some are the only place where you can get those since they are world drop).
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

So does anybody know if the gun and bow shown in those recolor pics are just the new arena weapons npc stuff or what. They don't look like anything that has been shown before like the bow off eredar twins, the legenday bow, or the badge xbow. I want the badge xbow but I'd rather have a gun I'm excited to see what it is, hopefully not just a gladiator gun but that might be too many pve ranged weapons from one raid for it not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Well, 50g per pattern for epic gems cut, this is much better than the 200-500g per pattern for blue gems u can find in Auction House (and some are the only place where you can get those since they are world drop).
    True... but I liked it better when they were 5g a pop, or whatever it was

Quote Originally Posted by Incidious
    So does anybody know if the gun and bow shown in those recolor pics are just the new arena weapons npc stuff or what. They don't look like anything that has been shown before like the bow off eredar twins, the legenday bow, or the badge xbow. I want the badge xbow but I'd rather have a gun I'm excited to see what it is, hopefully not just a gladiator gun but that might be too many pve ranged weapons from one raid for it not to be.
    With current 11-12% drop raits on bosses no one wants to farm like Lady vashj, the more range weapons the better. Right now theres hardly a selection.

I'm goina be shooting Hyjal arrows outa my sunfury.. /sigh