Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jethrotull
    Might be off topic but that talk on WoTLK sys reqs got me thinking about those graphics upgrades we (or maybe just me) have heard about. Does anyone else remember that? I was wondering if they were still planning graphics upgrades for the game, and if they were coming with the expansion or after.
    They said they're going to add a new ice shader (a way to render ice ingame) not improve graphics. Basically it means when you go to northrend the ice will look nicer, the rest will be kept as-is.

  2. #42

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Tergeron
    I've seen feral and balance druids in 2k+ 5's teams, what does that say? They made the team comps work so obviously those specs can work.
    Your lack of logic is too high for me to handle.


    I've seen MS warriors in 2k+ 5's teams, lets nerf them too?
    I am indestructible.

    Epic Noob's Vehicle

  3. #43

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by erb
    Fortunately in PVP "themselves" is never a reality. Its a team based adventure. Warriors do not need druids to carry them. Remember s1? It was pallies, remember s2? priests. They are extremely strong with a healer.
    When your healer is perma-cycloned by a druid, warrior by "themselves" is ALWAYS a reality.

    MMS Hunter + healer the hunter can still do plenty when the healer is CCed or dead.

    Stop trying to place warrior as if they are powerful. Just look at the stats post by blizzard. Warriors are not as highly represented as people think nor are they most prefered in any bracket.

    Just because you preceive warrior as a "dumb" or "easy" class to play due to it's lack of utility (not fault of the warrior, but fault of the class) doesn't mean that it is. You try to stay ahead of kiting as a warrior before going about saying warriors are OP. There is only so much you can do as a warrior in terms of abilities, where for classes like druids and hunter the possibilities are limitless.

  4. #44

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Well something needs to be done. Personally, I think they should nerf lifebloom even more than the proposed changes. You should see these druids healing their dps partner to full while having sex with the tomb in lordaeron ruins, it's comical. Have you ever seen 2 warrior/druid teams fight each other? It's like watching the special olympics. Yet these teams can still beat any other combination with lifebloom/pillar humping alone. Thats really not what blizzard had in mind for 2v2 im sure. about 75% of teams 1900+ that i've seen have pillar humping druids. Thats why blizzard is changing it.

  5. #45

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Man I wish I was there for the weekend Arena event

  6. #46

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Digitrevx
    *rollseyes*

    In one nerf blizzard has crippled OP pvp class so they are no longer "playable".

    seriously, its a range nerf. No ones going to die over it.
    That's not the point.

    The point is they're nerfing an entire class instead of the spec. They're just giving a blanket solution to a specific problem, which invariably effects other players that rely on it a lot more.

    This won't fix Resto dominance in 2v2, it will however push Balance/ferals out of the picture even more in ALL brackets.

  7. #47

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by k8to
    Gimping cyclone a bit (somehow) is probably reasonable for PVP.

    But this change is yet another example of PVP gimping PVE. As a restoration druid in 5-player content, cyclone is how i defend myself against goofs and unexpected situations. I need the distance on cast to be able to reliably target, cast, and have the spell land before i get 1-shotted. There's bearform, but then i have to stop healing, and the tank will die.

    WTB PVP-free warcraft.
    sign. i even use cyclone in hyjal to prevent fel demons to harm other people..

  8. #48

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by k8to
    Have you played a healer much? I've played extensively as both holy priest, holy paladin, and restoration druid.

    A paladin has the following options: punch, bubble
    Bubble is a 5 minute cooldown. And what the hell is punch?

    A priest has the following options: fade, shield, fear
    Fear is unuseable in 90% of all pulls because you have a very high probability to aggro additional mobs. Shield is part of the priest damage avoidance spells, if he uses it on him it isn't available on the tank or someone else. It is not different with the druid putting a healing spell on him. Fade is an option, but is only a temporary threat reduction for 10 seconds. If noone picks the add up it runs straight back to the priest after that. A temporary bear shift for 10 seconds won't cause the tank to die, especially if you have some HOTs on him. Yes, it costs mana. So what? There are things called mana pots and innervation for that.

    I don't know what a restoration shaman does, I haven't played that one.
    Nothing. He stands and heals himself and hopes the tank or someone else notices and gets the add of him. Guess what my main is?

    A good healer has to know how to defend themselves.
    Yes. And in order to defend himself he is lowering his ability to defend others.

  9. #49

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Hmm, price increases, stress testing & now the background downloader has woken up... this is all seeming to indicate the coming of something........

    Other note:
    I am a JC, saving up for Epic Flying. Now its a choice continue saving for Epic or stock up on JC designs.....

  10. #50

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by k8to
    Have you played a healer much? I've played extensively as both holy priest, holy paladin, and restoration druid.

    A paladin has the following options: punch, bubble
    Lol.

  11. #51

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe
    Bubble is a 5 minute cooldown. And what the hell is punch?
    my guess is that punch is HoJ, who knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe
    Fear is unuseable in 90% of all pulls because you have a very high
    probability to aggro additional mobs. Shield is part of the priest damage avoidance spells, if he uses it on him it isn't available on the tank or someone else. It is not different with the druid putting a healing spell on him. Fade is an option, but is only a temporary threat reduction for 10 seconds. If noone picks the add up it runs straight back to the priest after that. A temporary bear shift for 10 seconds won't cause the tank to die, especially if you have some HOTs on him. Yes, it costs mana. So what? There are things called mana pots and innervation for that.
    what do you mean shield is unusable? shield is only what, a 3 or 5 second CD? unless you meant pain suppression as shield, but you rarely see that in pve healing situations. also if your party can't address adds in 10 seconds you should find a new group.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psykhe
    Nothing. He stands and heals himself and hopes the tank or someone else notices and gets the add of him. Guess what my main is?

    Yes. And in order to defend himself he is lowering his ability to defend others.
    its true shamans do just stand there, but at least you are able to take hits with ~10k+ armor and some heals on yourself until the add is handled.

  12. #52

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by aRtFuL
    When your healer is perma-cycloned by a druid, warrior by "themselves" is ALWAYS a reality.
    Cuz 9 seconds is perma...trinket much? And yes, a trinket DOES kill the duration of cyclone by at least 3 seconds. I am still blown away by how fear is the best CC in the game but no one bitches about it, dispellable or not. Maybe everyone plays lock o.0
    (>^.^)> ----o----o----o

    I Spam Wrath

  13. #53

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Shrug, players I know ingame call the hammer of justice "pally punch". It's not like the bubble is actually called bubble by the game. I don't see people talking about "Divine Shield" much.

    Your thesis seems to be that druid healers should *not* use cyclone? It's their superior form of defense. Bear is the second (or third, depending upon options) line of defense.

    As for fear, my priest usually stands very far to the back of the group, and fear is safe to use a significant percentage of the time. It's the second line of defense after fade, in many situations. Shield is definitely something you use on yourself, and it's better than a heal for self-protection because - again - it allows you to continue casting. Damage that the shield eats cannot pushback on a prayer of healing, greater heal, etc.

    There certainly *are* times when, even with a full lifebloom stack on the tank, rejuv, and regrowth both ticking away, the tank will *still* die if you stop healing him for about 4 seconds or so. The window to refresh one of the hots is missed, the throughput falls, and the tank dies unless you have nature's swiftness in reserve.

    I'm not sure what your point is anyway. Cyclone is one of the important tools in a healing druid's arsenal, as bubble is to a holy paladin, and fade is to a priest. As a PVE healer, it is sad that my lead-time to stop an add is getting reduced. It's not a huge reduction in utility, but as a high-threat, fairly squishy healer, it's not one I'm excited about.

  14. #54

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by k8to
    I'm not sure what your point is anyway. Cyclone is one of the important tools in a healing druid's arsenal, as bubble is to a holy paladin, and fade is to a priest. As a PVE healer, it is sad that my lead-time to stop an add is getting reduced. It's not a huge reduction in utility, but as a high-threat, fairly squishy healer, it's not one I'm excited about.
    blizzard added voice comunication for a reason.
    I rarly see druids using cyclone in pve unless their group is a failure.
    Pvp on the other hand its a diffrent story which is the reason its gettin nerfed.

  15. #55

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by k8to
    Have you played a healer much? I've played extensively as both holy priest, holy paladin, and restoration druid.

    A paladin has the following options: punch, bubble

    A priest has the following options: fade, shield, fear

    I don't know what a restoration shaman does, I haven't played that one.
    Shaman *pray* that our (20minute cooldown) Rock elemental doesn't get oneshot himself. If that fails, we use our Ahkn to wipe agro (our 40minute cooldown with talents, otherwise it's on an hour timer). Usually, you make sure to pick a decent tank if you want to heal anything other than PvP.

    Shaman PvP on BG9 consists of watching the match after you were trained down in the opening. Hopefully, you got Hero/Blood off before you entered stunlock.


    (for the uninitiated, use of the Ahkn requires you to be dead)

  16. #56

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    my guess is that punch is HoJ, who knows.
    Which again is a cooldown ability. HoJ is not spammable and lasts 6 seconds. Cyclone is.

    what do you mean shield is unusable? shield is only what, a 3 or 5 second CD? unless you meant pain suppression as shield, but you rarely see that in pve healing situations. also if your party can't address adds in 10 seconds you should find a new group.
    Reading comprehension? Where do I say shield is unusable? I said FEAR is unuseable. Unless you do every single pull WAY back a fear will pretty much gurantee aggroing another group, which is in most cases worse then the healer dying.

    And, again, the point is if the tank cannot survive for 10 seconds till it pulled the add of the druids so it can shift out of bear..same thing.

    its true shamans do just stand there, but at least you are able to take hits with ~10k+ armor and some heals on yourself until the add is handled.
    As can a druid in bear form. It does not need cyclone.

    I can tank minor adds a bit, yes. But then I need to focus heals of myself (aka none for the tank). And I HAVE been oneshotted by adds myself. Those guards in sethekk halls are great for that.

  17. #57

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by k8to
    Your thesis seems to be that druid healers should *not* use cyclone? It's their superior form of defense. Bear is the second (or third, depending upon options) line of defense.
    No, my thesis is that druids do not need cyclone to be viable as PvE healers.

    As for fear, my priest usually stands very far to the back of the group, and fear is safe to use a significant percentage of the time.
    The fear lasts quite a long time. Also, unless oyu clear every isngle group of an instance, which is rarely the case, you will be near mobs even if you stand far back. The priests fear is a desperation tactics.

    There certainly *are* times when, even with a full lifebloom stack on the tank, rejuv, and regrowth both ticking away, the tank will *still* die if you stop healing him for about 4 seconds or so.
    In which situation with other healers if they stop focussing on the tank because the need to deal with an add a tank death is also the most likely result.

    Sometimes an error results in a wipe. Thats life. And that is NOT different with other healers.

    I'm not sure what your point is anyway. Cyclone is one of the important tools in a healing druid's arsenal, as bubble is to a holy paladin, and fade is to a priest. As a PVE healer, it is sad that my lead-time to stop an add is getting reduced. It's not a huge reduction in utility, but as a high-threat, fairly squishy healer, it's not one I'm excited about.
    Firstly, there is one utterly major difference. Those abilites have cooldowns. Cyclone hasn't. If you want to give cyclone a 5 minute (or even 1 minute) cooldown as the shields (or HoJ) have, sure. But for an ability which can be chained... no..it is definately not compareable.

    Secondly, what is YOUR point?

    You complain that the reduced range of cyclone is nerfing PvE druids because they have to get close to their group.

    WHY? Why do they have to get close? Please answer me that.

    The ONLY, singular, reason for that which I can see would be if they want to use cyclone to save ANOTHER group member. If they want to save themselves it does not matter if cyclone has a 40 yard, 30 yard, or 20 yard range. Because the mobs run to the druid. If you are able to cyclone them if they are 30 yards away from you, but unable to do so when they are at 20 yards already then you should work on your reaction times.

    For the self defence ability of druids the cyclone range nerf has zero, zip, zilch, nada, *no* negative effect. The priest fear or the pally "punch" - which you list as effective abilities - have only *half* the range of the nerfed cyclone.

  18. #58

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    GJ Psyke , the sad thing is that you have to do so much explination wich means that kids that play wow have no inteligence..


    ps . nerf op locks.

  19. #59

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Delondial
    Cuz 9 seconds is perma...trinket much? And yes, a trinket DOES kill the duration of cyclone by at least 3 seconds. I am still blown away by how fear is the best CC in the game but no one bitches about it, dispellable or not. Maybe everyone plays lock o.0
    9 seconds with no cooldown? I'd say that pretty freakin' perma.

    Trinket kills, but if you trinket out of cyclone it is pointless. Your root cooldown will be up and you'll just root the said warrior really easy, and get out of the intercept rage again.

    Fear is the best CC in game? Many classes can break it in pvp, plus it is quite hard to use pve. It is the WORST CC in game.

    Lock is hard not because of fear, but because of their endurance and pet. Stop trying to THINK you can beat a lock with a druid. They are your counterclass. Just like warrior is rogue's, or spriest is warrior's, or hunter is mage's. The fact that you think you can/you should be possible to beat a warlock already shows how OP druid is. Warrior never think they can break a spriest unless they undergeared/in disadvantage in some way. They try to run away or let someone else deal with them.

    Many classes can beat locks. Just not you.

  20. #60

    Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by aRtFuL
    "...hunter is mage's..."
    Just to point out that plenty of classes claim to be mages anticlass - hunters certainly are, rogues also, and locks. Also others are lining up it seems...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •