Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New PTR Build changes, blue posts

A new build has been deployed on PTRs, some item prices have been changed and the range of Cyclone has been reduced.

Classes changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Druid
    • The range of Cyclone has been reduced to 20 yards. (was 30 yards before)

Item changes
    The prices of all patterns sold by the Shattered Sun Offensive has been increased.

Eldara Dawnrunner (Shattered Sun Offensive Quartermaster)
    Alchemy
    • [item=35752] [item=35755] [item=35753] [item=35754] now costs 25 gold instead of 2.
    Total cost for all the patterns : 100 Gold. (95G Friendly / 90G Honored / 85G Revered / 80G Exalted). Respective reputation requirements are still needed.

Enchanting
    • [item=34872] and [item=35500] now costs 15 gold instead of 2.
    Total cost for all the patterns : 30 Gold. (28.5G Friendly / 27G Honored / 25.5G Revered / 24G Exalted). Respective reputation requirements are still needed.

Jewelcrafting
    • [item=35708] now costs 12 gold instead of 3.
    • [item=35505] [item=35502] now costs 15 gold instead of 3.
    • [item=35697] [item=35695] [item=35696] [item=35699] [item=35698] now costs 25 gold instead of 6.25.
    • [item=35769] [item=35766] [item=35767] [item=35768] now costs 50 gold instead of 1.50.
    Total cost for all the patterns : 367 Gold. (348G Friendly / 330G Honored / 311G Revered / 293G Exalted). Respective reputation requirements are still needed.

[b]Shaani - Jewelcrafting Supplies[b]
    Jewelcrafting
    Total cost for all the patterns : 1900 Gold. (1805G Friendly / 1710G Honored / 1615G Revered / 1520G Exalted). Respective reputation requirements are still needed.

Sunwell Plateau crafted item skill requirements
    The following Bind on Pickup crafted items from Sunwell Plateau had a profession skill requirement of 350 added. (Individual item screenshots not updated yet)

Tailoring
    Sunfire Robe
    Robe of Eternal Light

Leatherworking
    Leather Chestguard of the Sun
    Embrace of the Phoenix
    Sun-Drenched Scale Chestguard
    Carapace of Sun and ShadowBlacksmithing
    Sunblessed Breastplate
    Hard Khorium Battleplate

Jewelcrafting
    Hard Khorium Choker
    Pendant of Sunfire
    Amulet of Flowing Life

Arena Tournament Battle
    GMs and members of the community team will be on Tournament Test Realm once again today ! You might want to drop by if you missed it the first time.
    Originally Posted by Drysc (Blue Tracker)
    We’re once again bringing the fight to the Tournament Test Realm (TTR) and challenging players in the 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 arena brackets. Blizzard will be out in force taking on any challengers and making personal appearances near the various vendor locations.

The Tournament Arena Battle will take place on Wednesday between 5:00 PM PDT and 8:00 PM PDT, and members of the Community and Development teams will once again be present to dispense mayhem and destruction upon all who challenge them. You’ll be able to easily spot any Blizzard employees as we’ll be the only players who are in a guild, which will be “Blizzard Entertainment” for Horde, and “Blizzard” for Alliance.

As this is a stress test we do anticipate that the realms will be stressed to their maximum capacities and there is the possibility issues may occur. Have no fear, we’ll be watching and waiting to resolve any issues that may crop up as quickly as possible.

Visit http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ptr/ to begin downloading the PTR client if you haven’t already. No character copies will be needed for this unique event as you will get access to the character and gear of your choice just by logging in. The 2.4 PTR client will provide access to the Tournament realm so download it soon and we’ll see you in the arenas!
    If you didn't see them two days ago, here are the screenshots of the latest Arena Tournament Battle event held during the week end.

Fixes/changes included in major content patches
    So ... Why does it take so long to get things fixed sometimes, just because Blizzard wants to add it in a "big" patch and not just fix some of these issues during a maintenance ? Tigole answers.
    Originally Posted by Tigole (Blue Tracker)
    1) From a technical standpoint, we can't make some of the changes stated above without patching the client and server. We *need* to patch them in. We can't just make those changes magically appear during maintenance. Some of those changes are beyond the scope of what is possible in a hotfix as well. We'd love to be able to change stuff like that on the fly, but we can't do it from a technical standpoint.

2) Even if we could do those changes without a patch, it would be very risky. Any change, however small, can cause a ripple effect of bugs in the game. It's very important to test out any change before pushing it live.

3) Assuming there were no bugs, we still want to see things on the PTR to test things from a design standpoint. Think about all of the changes that were done in 2.4 which were eventually backed out. The change to drinking, the class changes etc. We need to see how some of these ideas play out in a semi-live environment first.

WotLK system requirements
    If your computer can run Burning Crusade, WotLK should work just fine.
    [blizzquote="Nethaera;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5103680007&postId=52354456354&sid=1#84]What I'm saying is that we are continuing to develop with as many users as possible in mind. I'm not going to call out any specifics since we haven't publicized any at this point in time. I couldn't tell you if any upgrades would be needed or not since it depends on your machine and what it can handle. The likelihood of us switching to any one particular platform after supporting what we do right now, would be very low.[/blizzquote"]

Re: New PTR Build changes, blue posts

bam ... here it is.
    but it's not surprising me.

cyclone nerf...GG

blizz is introducing druid nerfs one at a time so there isn't an uproar lol.

lol i love the "stressing the server" part, any bet they might pop a computer server over this XD.

anyways sounds like alot of fun being able to challange game designers in a 2v2 or 3v3.

Deleted

The patterns increase won't be a problem for most professions, but i pity the Jewelcrafters. They could have done just half of the price increase for them since there are so many patterns to buy.
    (for the record, i am not a JC)

50g per JC pattern, thats a bit rich... come on blizzard thats a lot of damn recipes.
    Have a heart.

I wonder if common sense comes into Blizzards brain when they suggest changes, it takes like a second looking at something to see its going to be a excessive pain.

Anyone knows hows the pattern (i'm actually thinking at the leathworking ones) are obtainable? sold to a quartermaster with rep? or drop in the 5 men instance? 25 men raid instance? I guess it is the 25 man raid but i just didn't see it confirmed anywhere.

Seriously, what the hell is up with Blizzard?!? DO they just like to screw people and there characters over for no big reason!!! I have never seen so much unfair stacking of potential in one class and reduction in another as what they do... Sometimes I just consider stop playing all together.

The fact that now there reducing the distance to use cyclone is yet another nerf of Balance (if not all) druids that makes the class harder to use. There doing the same thing to Druids that they did to Marksman hunters. While at the same time Warlocks are the most overpowered class in the game they decide to even add some abilities; Like dotting someone while they're feared and being attacked by a pet wasn't bad enough!!!

Here's a suggestion Blizzard, wake the hell up, and stop sucking the fun out if the game. Add some abilities instead of taking them away for certain classes and don't just favor Locks (and Shamans) which happens so often.

Seriously, Blizzard has some major fucking idiots working there!!! :-X

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodstar
    Seriously, what the hell is up with Blizzard?!? DO they just like to screw people and there characters over for no big reason!!! I have never seen so much unfair stacking of potential in one class and reduction in another as what they do... Sometimes I just consider stop playing all together.

The fact that now there reducing the distance to use cyclone is yet another nerf of Balance (if not all) druids that makes the class harder to use. There doing the same thing to Druids that they did to Marksman hunters. While at the same time Warlocks are the most overpowered class in the game they decide to even add some abilities; Like dotting someone while they're feared and being attacked by a pet wasn't bad enough!!!

Here's a suggestion Blizzard, wake the hell up, and stop sucking the fun out if the game. Add some abilities instead of taking them away for certain classes and don't just favor Locks (and Shamans) which happens so often.

Seriously, Blizzard has some major fucking idiots working there!!! :-X
    Allmost spilled my morning coffie over this....You're claiming that Blizzard is favouring shamans?

Oh, and the cyclone nerf had to come, ble glad that it's only a range change. Just look at the numbers, Druids are overrepresented in small scale arenas - you can't fix that so easy by buffing all the other classes.

One of the most retarded posts I've read in a long time (and i even read the official forums)

stop whining about druids

cyclone
    cyclone
    roots
    roots
    feral charge
    bash
    cyclone
    cyclone
    roots
    roots
    feral charge
    bash

come on, no one should be able to CC you forever

Druid + Warrior, a healer Point of View

Your dps is affected by cyclone.
    you are affected by intercept.
    your dps uses pvp trinket.
    your dps is affected by entangling roots.
    you are affected by hamstring.
    Warrior mortal strikes hits you by lol
    Warrior auto attack hits you by lol
    Your psych scram fails, Warrior is immune
    Warrior sword proc hits you by lol
    hamstring fades by your pvp trinket
    you are affected by feral charge
    you are affecetd by bash
    Warrior mortal strike hits you...

you die.
    Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by WildW
    Allmost spilled my morning coffie over this....You're claiming that Blizzard is favouring shamans?

Oh, and the cyclone nerf had to come, ble glad that it's only a range change. Just look at the numbers, Druids are overrepresented in small scale arenas - you can't fix that so easy by buffing all the other classes.

One of the most retarded posts I've read in a long time (and i even read the official forums)
    Well, to be fair, he forgot about mages and palas, those pesky OP classes in 2v2...

BAHAHAHAH Thats exactly the same thing I though. Lol Blizz favouring shamans, that'll be the day.

Resto druids are favoured in 2v2. Ferals and Balance druids are barely represented in ANY arena size, and are the ones that are being hit hardest with these nerfs to Cyclone and Lifebloom (Restos lose ~4% co-eff. on LB due to the buff to the HoT talents. Other specs lose the full 20%). They depend on it for survival more due to weaker self healing, and makes kiting a lot harder on the melee classes as Balance.

I find it difficult to arena or even BGs as either Feral or Balance spec, so I don't bother as it's just way too frustrating. This nerf makes it even more limiting for any druid that isn't dedicated Resto to be remotely viable, even in the lower ratings or any Arena size.

Cyclone is a druids "trump" card. It's really the only spell that makes Balance/Ferals "playable" in PvP.

Note: I agree that the post was a bit obscene, but his general intentions are correct to a degree.

I've seen feral and balance druids in 2k+ 5's teams, what does that say? They made the team comps work so obviously those specs can work.

These druid nerfs, imo, are solid changes.

Nothing too 'class breaking'. The things that were way too strong in arena (for druids) were heals, cyclone, drinking and fleeing.

All those things are getting addressed. Makes it more fair.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I for one an VERY happy about the jewelcrafting recipe price increase. Since I am only missing two epic jewelcrafting recipes, this will give me a 1-up in the initial weeks of 2.4.

Having any jewelcrafting scrub be able to buy those recipes for a cheap price and grinding easy rep was a bit of a slap in the face for Hyjal jewelcrafters. It takes a long time to get scale of sand rep, and some of these recipes weren't available until revered.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tergeron
    I've seen feral and balance druids in 2k+ 5's teams, what does that say? They made the team comps work so obviously those specs can work.
    You have seen all classes and probably most specs in 2k+ 5's teams. What does that say ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mewseph
    Resto druids are favoured in 2v2. Ferals and Balance druids are barely represented in ANY arena size, and are the ones that are being hit hardest with these nerfs to Cyclone and Lifebloom (Restos lose ~4% co-eff. on LB due to the buff to the HoT talents. Other specs lose the full 20%). They depend on it for survival more due to weaker self healing, and makes kiting a lot harder on the melee classes as Balance.

I find it difficult to arena or even BGs as either Feral or Balance spec, so I don't bother as it's just way too frustrating. This nerf makes it even more limiting for any druid that isn't dedicated Resto to be remotely viable, even in the lower ratings or any Arena size.

Cyclone is a druids "trump" card. It's really the only spell that makes Balance/Ferals "playable" in PvP.

Note: I agree that the post was a bit obscene, but his general intentions are correct to a degree.
    *rollseyes*

In one nerf blizzard has crippled OP pvp class so they are no longer "playable".

seriously, its a range nerf. No ones going to die over it.

all they did was just force every druid to go 13/11/37 now,
    this only nerfs 34/0/27 in every way.

lifebloom -20%
    Run speed gone aswell.
    now cyclone.

A Restokin will get fucked over if they target switch to him now since he's strenght was that he could cc from range and thats pretty much been nerfed.

Prolly gonna see a buff Nature's reach soon or a spell higher in balance tree or atleast they should.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rider&n=Yannik
    Fight like the Best, Die like the Rest!