Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: S4 changes, WWI08, Frostmourne, Blue posts

After theory crafting the season 4 sword. its not even an upgrade over cat's edge anymore. So if you have cat's edge and you were thinking of using season 4 sword for PvE, dont bother.

I made a blog post on the topic of the sword.

http://rrvs.blogspot.com/2008/03/frostmourne.html

As with most display swords, it's for display purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenti
    I think they went a little overboard on nerfing the S4 weapons, the new one is less of an upgrade than S3 was.
    They're doing exactly what they should do though; it's the same ilvl as the Pre-Kil'Jaden Sunwell weapons, which is exactly where Arena gear should be, if they're going to have it be that powerful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shadeth
    The Frostmourne Replica looks nice from a fantasy point of view, but 16 pounds for a 28" blade is horrible, it would be so slow to maneuver this thing because of it's weight and bulk. A no-frills real sword of this length should weigh about 5 pounds, but this sword does have a lot of decorative metal on it. A non-functional blade also weighs a lot more than a combat ready one.

At least they state: "The sword is for display purposes only." If you want a real sword get something from a real sword maker like Angel Swords.

I'm sure the guard on the sword accounts for half the weight, althought it'd still make a decent 2 hander if the blade was longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokh
    They're doing exactly what they should do though; it's the same ilvl as the Pre-Kil'Jaden Sunwell weapons, which is exactly where Arena gear should be, if they're going to have it be that powerful at all.
    Nah, it's actually really dumb and I hope they tweak it again. Yes, the sword was too powerful, but instead of chopping off a few ilvls to make it match up with previous season increases, they reduced it so much that it's now out of kilter with previous seasons.

Gotta wonder if they nerfed apolylon.

The S4 sword is growing on me

How long before we see in the news someone was murder by this sword. Damn video game violence :P

meh i kinda liked the look of the sword and wantet to order it but meh 300$ for the sword and 500!?$ shipping costs for Denmark :P

how can it cost 500$ to ship it ?

arena gear keeps falling behind >

115 = kara
    120 = T4
    123 = S1
    125 = T4 bosses (prince/maulgar/gruul/mag)

128 = SSC/TK (but weapons buffed to 134)
    133 = T5
    136 = S2
    138 = vashj/kael (but weapons buffed to 141)

141 = Hyjal/BT
    146 = T6
    146 = S3 (should've been 149)
    151 = archimonde/illidan

154 = sunwell
    154 = S4 (should've been 162)
    159 = some sunwell stuff
    164 = possibly kiljaeden

put another way

tier stuff is 13 ilvls a step
    non-tier stuff is 13 ilvls a step
    tier end bosses are 13 ilvls a step

S1 to S2 was 13 ilvls
    S2 to S3 was 10 ilvls
    S3 to S4 will be 8 ilvls?

good thing TBC ends here, at this rate PVP gear would eventually be weaker than the previous season's PVE equivalents

Quote Originally Posted by Rutina
    154 = sunwell
    This is what really matters, I'm glad they're finally bringing it in line with the average "newest" PvE gear, so that way it doesn't horribly outclass PvE things FOR PvE. I'm still wearing Season 3 helm, as a Hunter, and using Season 3 Bow. It's pretty dumb that the only thing better in the game for those slots is Illidan/Archimonde loot.

Deleted

good thing TBC ends here, at this rate PVP gear would eventually be weaker than the previous season's PVE equivalents
    no

I want to keep my shiv as it is
    ViktorVaughn - Nightelf Rogue - EU-Mal'Ganis

D.E.H.T.A. is outside my house picnicin' 'cuz everything in my coat's been previously livin'!

Quote Originally Posted by highwind

As if it wasnt weak enough compared to Apylon... now it is not even rly better than Archimondes Sword which is available for some month now.
    Season 4 is announced to start AFTER 2.4, when 2.4 hits im looking forward to get owned in arena by weaker players with better equip they got from brainless computer AI killing, YAY !
    Go kill AI then if weaker players can kill it why cant you?

But all the mindless AI can't be hit most of the time they dodge, parry or block! Give him some slack. They also crushing blow him alot. ;D

But against players he is a BAMF.

Quote Originally Posted by shadeth
    The Frostmourne Replica looks nice from a fantasy point of view, but 16 pounds for a 28" blade is horrible, it would be so slow to maneuver this thing because of it's weight and bulk. A no-frills real sword of this length should weigh about 5 pounds, but this sword does have a lot of decorative metal on it. A non-functional blade also weighs a lot more than a combat ready one.

At least they state: "The sword is for display purposes only." If you want a real sword get something from a real sword maker like Angel Swords.
    em i think that sword was made to show it or "accidentally destroy some furniture"

if you want to kill someone there are better swords XD

115 = kara
    120 = T4
    123 = S1

133 = T5
    136 = S2

141 = Hyjal/BT
    146 = T6
    151 = archimonde/illidan

154 = sunwell
    159 = some sunwell stuff
    164 = possibly kiljaeden

put another way

S1 to S2 was 13 ilvls
    S2 to S3 was 10 ilvls

are you going to tell me that arena gear is difficult to obtain compared to the pve equivalent (i have both spelldmg and healing maces and i have just started mh/bt with my guild)

Quote Originally Posted by highwind
    oh and fun is a thing I play a game for[...] and not for poser loot
    Funny how you're complaining about loot nonetheless. Think the pve weapon is better? By all means, go get it.

115 = kara
    120 = T4
    123 = S1

133 = T5
    136 = S2

141 = Hyjal/BT
    146 = T6
    151 = archimonde/illidan

154 = sunwell
    159 = some sunwell stuff
    164 = possibly kiljaeden

put another way

S1 to S2 was 13 ilvls
    S2 to S3 was 10 ilvls

ill give you a 5- step plan
    1. Go fetch some brains
    2. Come back take an other look
    3. Check all slots and corresponding itemlevels and attainability
    4. get an avarage
    5. Compare again and whine for pve this time

um..all of you QQing about Blizzard making PVP gear weaker than PVE do realize that their PRIMARY focus is with PVE right?
    they devote more time and effort into developing content, storyline and lore than they care about silly arena battles
    if anything, they need to be making PVE gear better than arena/PVP gear..which Blizzard seems to be doing

PVP is merely an afterthought thrown in to please the epeen flexers of WoW
    i'm not hating on PVP, but i just hate it when people think PVP is primary over PVE

I suppose they realized that melees were scaling a bit too much with gear. 15 dps more on a weapon is a it more then the 50 spelldmg a caster gets. Melee teams are already running rampant atm, it's gonna get worse with S4 weapons as melees just scale a lot more with their weapons and I guess they just didn't want to go over the top with that.
    Which also explains while S1->S2->S3->S4 has shrinking item level increases.