Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sunwell official webpage, T0.5 Arena sets update

Patch 2.4 and Sunwell Plateau official Webpage : Fury of the Sunwell
    The official site has been updated with a page dedicated to Patch 2.4 : Fury of the Sunwell here you will find a small writeup about the major features of the patch and a much bigger one about the Sunwell Plateau lore. There is also a new trailer for the Sunwell Plateau instance and a new wallpaper featuring Kael'thas and Kil'jaeden.

Sunwell Plateau Lore
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    For millennia the mystical pool of energy known as the Sunwell fueled the potent magic of the exiled high elves. The Sunwell's inexhaustible power permeated the elves and infused them with a constant supply of arcane energy. For generations the high elves protected and cherished the well, benefiting from its powers even when outside the borders of their homeland, Quel'Thalas. Although the elves sustained heavy losses in the Troll Wars and the Second War against the Horde, the Sunwell remained secure... until the coming of the Scourge. Without warning the death knight Arthas, a mighty servant of the Lich King, led his undead armies in a merciless attack upon the elven kingdom.

Undeterred by the desperate struggles of the elven defenders, the Scourge marched on toward the Sunwell, slaughtering any who attempted to bar their path. The legendary king Anasterian Sunstrider faced off against Arthas in an attempt to slow the undead advance, but even his unyielding will and extraordinary powers proved insufficient against the merciless death knight. With the elven capital lying in ruin, Arthas marched triumphantly to the Sunwell and tossed the bones of the fallen necromancer Kel'Thuzad into the radiant beam of light. With this act the sacred well was instantly corrupted. Knowing he had sealed the fate of the high elves, Arthas departed with the newly resurrected Kel'Thuzad to carry on in service of the Lich King. Many of the Scourge, however, remained behind to prey upon the few elves who had not yet fallen.

The ranger Lor'themar Theron organized the remaining survivors to fight the undead, but it was the return of Prince Kael'thas that brought the elves a fragment of renewed hope. Tragically Kael'thas soon learned that the greatest danger to his people was posed not by the Scourge, but by the Sunwell itself. The corrupted powers of the well still permeated not only the elves, but all that they had built. Given enough time, the vile necromantic energies would kill the elves and spread an incurable poison throughout the surrounding land. Kael'thas painfully concluded that the Sunwell, the heart of their society, must be destroyed.

And so he executed a plan that would irrevocably change the fate of his people. With the aid of the most powerful remaining magi, accompanied by Lor'themar and a party of volunteer defenders, Kael'thas succeeded in destroying the mystical Sunwell. Or so he thought. The Sunwell's energies had been dispersed, and yet not all of its essence was lost. A mysterious individual named Borel gathered what remained of the energies and hid them away in the guise of a mortal girl, Anveena. In the aftermath of the Sunwell's destruction, Kael'thas declared that his people would be forever known as the sin'dorei, or blood elves, so they would never forget those who had fallen in defense of their homeland.

Although the Sunwell's threat was ended, Kael'thas could not have foreseen the effect its loss would have on his people. The elves suffered terribly from withdrawal, for many of them had been infused with the arcane energies of the well all their lives. Only in the absence of the Sunwell did the blood elves come to realize how addicted they had grown to its powers. Over time the elves grew ill, and the youngest and oldest among them died. Determined to find a cure for his people's crippling addiction, Prince Kael'thas sought a renewed source of arcane power, and he soon fell into the service of the demon Illidan Stormrage. With Illidan's aid, the blood elves found a temporary reprieve, learning to siphon the magical energies of others to ease their own suffering. As Kael'thas joined the fight against Illidan's many enemies, the prince came to rely more and more on fel energy: the dark and corrupting essence wielded by the demonic Burning Legion itself.

Now, bristling with newfound power, Kael'thas has turned his back on his former master, Illidan, and has finally returned to Quel'Thalas, promising final deliverance to his people. To this end he has harnessed the mortal possessor of the Sunwell's energies, Anveena. Yet many believe that the prince's exposure to fel energies has made him unstable, and that he has sought out a new master, a demon lord of the Burning Legion so terrible that even the mighty Illidan would tremble in fear at the sound of his name: Kil'jaeden.
    Trailer

Wallpaper

Arena Tier 0.5 sets update
    I didn't talk much about these sets during the last few weeks but they got changed at some point, they are "beginner" PvP sets buyable from reputation quartermasters if you reached a targeted reputation level with them. That's why this news is here, at the beginning of 2.4 testing a few of these items required you to be revered but all of them got changed to ... honored ! This isn't really new but I never took the time to talk about this change. See the new screenshots below.

TTRs : Unable to validate game version
    Blizzard is aware of the bug preventing a lot of players from connecting to the Tournament Test Realms, it will be fixed as soon as possible.
    [blizzquote="Hortus;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=5281957170&postId=53754690464&sid=1#0]We are aware of the issues with game validation. It will be addressed. Until then please refrain from spamming this forum.[/blizzquote"]

Re: Sunwell official webpage, T0.5 Arena sets update

about the t0.5, why isnt there a paladin tanking set? :O

i know these sets are the old pvp sets but why not making it usefull for pve now since you will get them by a part of pve
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

cool stuff, my mage can have some resil now

altho im assuming there is some honor hold version of the shoulders to be the alliance equiv of thrallmar. better than farming assloads of armor to try and catch up lol.

Warlock
    Dreadweave Battlegear

Link corrupt.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fr0hzn
    Warlock
    Dreadweave Battlegear

Link corrupt.
    Thanks.
    Link fixed.
    Np.

Wanna hug ?

Just add .jpg on the end of the warlock link. It works fine then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowad
    about the t0.5, why isnt there a paladin tanking set? :O

i know these sets are the old pvp sets but why not making it usefull for pve now since you will get them by a part of pve
    Because blizzard said they dont want to give tanking set by doing PvP. Aka, no PvE set via PvP (which is sad because prot warrior and prot paly could be very effective in PvP if they add a set with resilience and block value)
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

15+ Year Old Account

what is the payment method for 0.5 gear? is it honor or cash? and if so how much

Quote Originally Posted by Gish
    what is the payment method for 0.5 gear? is it honor or cash? and if so how much
    Cash
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Cash
    do u kno how much per peice?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Wanna hug ?
    /tar Boubouille
    /hug

Quote Originally Posted by Gish
    do u kno how much per peice?
    probably fairly cheap, given the cost of most epic armor pieces requiring exalted rep, i would say in the 25-40g range, but who knows they could charge more since the gear basically bypasses farming 50k honor or so to get your entire s1 or now s2 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    probably fairly cheap, given the cost of most epic armor pieces requiring exalted rep, i would say in the 25-40g range, but who knows they could charge more since the gear basically bypasses farming 50k honor or so to get your entire s1 or now s2 gear.
    not that much. Check current armor items that those vendor sell and it will be the same.

They added those to vendor to allow you to have decent gear to start to PvP. Because right now, you have to afk BG and 10 game arena because you basicaly have no chance if you dont have resilience.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

not that much. Check current armor items that those vendor sell and it will be the same.

They added those to vendor to allow you to have decent gear to start to PvP. Because right now, you have to afk BG and 10 game arena because you basicaly have no chance if you dont have resilience.
    my original estimate in that post was 15-25g. however given the increase in daily quests and the amount of honor farming it will save you i assumed they would be a bit more expensive. but perhaps you are right we will see.

Because blizzard said they dont want to give tanking set by doing PvP. Aka, no PvE set via PvP (which is sad because prot warrior and prot paly could be very effective in PvP if they add a set with resilience and block value)
    this is a pvp set from pve....
    and thats retarded cuz this is bad for the tanks.
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

I guess the set bonuses wont stack with the arena sets? hail to the 2x +35 resilience again

Quote Originally Posted by Nowad
    this is a pvp set from pve....
    and thats retarded cuz this is bad for the tanks.
    I said PvP to get PvE, they are not against PvE to get PvP.

And i know this is bad for tank, one of the many reasons you dont find much tanks for 5mans instance.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

how come all the head gear needs Thrallmar faction? no head gear for alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by kinghong1970
    how come all the head gear needs Thrallmar faction? no head gear for alliance?
    Nope, looks like Blizzard aren't putting it it. Well too bad for alliance I guess.

BTW THAT WAS SARCASM LOLOLOLOLOLO

In the wallpaper, Kael Thas have 3 verdant spheres

Why ? ???