Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Sunwell official webpage, T0.5 Arena sets update

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    I said PvP to get PvE, they are not against PvE to get PvP.

And i know this is bad for tank, one of the many reasons you dont find much tanks for 5mans instance.
    ye, but i dont get it, it cant be that hard to change / add some stats... atleast as you saw in 2.2? (not sure) with the mass change of many items from ssc / tk and all the epic weapon changes.
    ...................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

There is a mistake on the wallpaper. It shows Kael'thas v2.0 with 3 green floating balls around him instead of 2.

Only the TK version of Kael'thas has 3 green balls.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Dragan
    I guess the set bonuses wont stack with the arena sets? hail to the 2x +35 resilience again
    Heh, I'll probably give it a try this evening - Gotta get rid of that amazing new druid 4set bonus ASAP.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazjatar&n=Cowmooflage
    http://www.stumbleblog.com
    (entertaining and educative videos, game reviews, music and so on )

Quote Originally Posted by Nowad
    ye, but i dont get it, it cant be that hard to change / add some stats... atleast as you saw in 2.2? (not sure) with the mass change of many items from ssc / tk and all the epic weapon changes.
    It is not because it is not doable, it is because Blizzard DO NOT WANT to do it.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Didn't want to start a new topic and muddy up the forums so I figured I'd post here. To any of the site administrators watching. This is the first place I come when searching for information on upcoming changes patches and any sort of strategy's. So great job this is an incredible utility. I do have one request at the moment though. The changes coming in the upcoming patch are strewn across 20 or so different posts. Everything from Badge cost per item to new rep items to new recipes. If you get a chance it would be a great asset to have with the patch coming the 25th according to what I've been reading to have it all in one place and not have to dig through the archives.

Thanks
    Andiamo

Quote Originally Posted by frankie
    Heh, I'll probably give it a try this evening - Gotta get rid of that amazing new druid 4set bonus ASAP.
    even boomkingear is better for resto

If boubou would make all change in 1 post everytime, it would eat alot of website storage (alrdy that the post with the list of armor of armor changes was giving me a small lag on browsing).
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Nowad
    even boomkingear is better for resto
    huh?
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

btw Boubou, you added twice Rogue t0.5 set in your post
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by andiamo
    If you get a chance it would be a great asset to have with the patch coming the 25th according to what I've been reading to have it all in one place and not have to dig through the archives.
    I'll second this. With over a month of revisions it's kind of hard to get a full scope of what's been altered, and how. Tho, I suppose that would result in a pretty big post. Perhaps just links to the original posts that cover it.

Oh yeah Boubou, could you use a female model for armor next times? Male Human = meh... very meh.

Female Draenei would be da sexy
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Nah use a gnome plz

But on another note thx blizz for the free armor set when my druid hits 70

huh?
    the boomkin S3 is better then the T0.5 resto set

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Because blizzard said they dont want to give tanking set by doing PvP. Aka, no PvE set via PvP (which is sad because prot warrior and prot paly could be very effective in PvP if they add a set with resilience and block value)
    Usefull - how ? By (Holy) Shield Blocking people to death ?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex
    shield slam hits pretty damn hard with the right gear set and removes a buff. shield bash is annoying when it comes to silencing. aside from the fact that you are basically unkillable by melee.

perhaps a reduction of spell reflect CD or taunt mechanics where when you have a target taunted all melee/spells coming from that target hit you while taunt is up. similar to intervene except it applies to the target directly. since this is how it works in pve already it wouldn't change anything there.

perhaps prot would be viable then, at least for wars, or perhaps they would still be nothing more than a laughable annoyance. point being if blizzard wanted to do it they could.

could you imagine taunt/shield bash rotation on a caster, basically locking them down while doing some damage and removing their buffs via slam. granted you are now vulnerable to fear completely but as a lockdown/defensive class in arenas it would be quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex
    Shield Slam hit hard

Prot paly/war would be pretty much unkillable by melee and prot war would give an headache to casters.

So in a 2v2, they would have to focus on your healer, if it is a druid, GG trying to catch him while the prot war/paly slowly but surely kill them.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

@wildhorn, agreed with most of that, except its shield slam that hits hard, not shield bash

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    @wildhorn, agreed with most of that, except its shield slam that hits hard, not shield bash
    Shield Bash? Who said Shield Bash? Certainly not me!

>.> <.< >.>
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    when you have a target taunted all melee/spells coming from that target hit you while taunt is up. similar to intervene except it applies to the target directly.
    That is definitely OP, but Taunt working similar to distract (which works in PvP) - forcing the target to the select whoever taunted it would be good. As Drysc wrote - Blizz wants all speccs to be viable, but some will be more viable that others. And it is fine. This way protection warriors and paladins would be a nuisance in the arenas, with an offensive dispell (warriors), stuns, interrupts, and "target deselects". Some exeptional teams might even reach 2000+.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphie
    That is definitely OP, but Taunt working similar to distract (which works in PvP) - forcing the target to the select whoever taunted it would be good. As Drysc wrote - Blizz wants all speccs to be viable, but some will be more viable that others. And it is fine. This way protection warriors and paladins would be a nuisance in the arenas, with an offensive dispell (warriors), stuns, interrupts, and "target deselects". Some exeptional teams might even reach 2000+.
    yea that i targeted is op, but it would make spell reflect far more viable. remember prot paladins would still not generate rage for shit. but stocking some rage and using something like a spell reflect / taunt to grab a mana burn and send it right back would be really cool.

i've done some arenas as prot, it was somewhat fun in that i had a good mentality about it messing around. i didn't do real damage by any means, but i was a legitimate nuisance to the other team (tried it in 3s and 5s). i realize blizzard said they don't appreciate shadow priests or prot warriors or w/e in arenas, but it really wouldn't be hard for them to make some basic changes and introduce those specs. its sad that blizzard doesn't actually use the PTR to test some of these things