Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

S3 Gear requirements in season 4

Update (17:00 CET) - Blizzard World Wide Invitational 2008 tickets are now on sale !
    Update (10:00 CET) - Added something about season 1 gear to the season 3 post, EU Migrations, new fan arts, and a little something about Kil'jaeden.

Season 3 Gear rating requirement in Season 4
    Shoulders requirement will be lowered to 1950 Personal Arena Rating, weapons to 1800.
    Originally Posted by Drysc (Blue Tracker)
    There will be no changes to gear availability/rating requirement until Season 4 starts, which will not begin when patch 2.4 goes live.

When Season 4 starts here's what will happen:
    • Season 1 removed
    • Season 2 moved to honor
    • Season 3 rating requirements and prices lowered
    Shoulders : 1950 rating
    Weapons : 1800 rating
    • Season 4 gear added

Season 4 isn't expected to begin any time soon, but as always we plan to give at least a two week notice before it does. Stay tuned to these forums or any of your fine local fansites as I'm sure the information will spread fairly rapidly once we do announce a Season 4 start date.

Season 3 prices and Season 4 rating requirements are not yet announced. All information contained herein is of course, as always, subject to change.

What about the S1 Gear being removed ?
    You get to keep your items of course, they'll just no longer be available for purchase from the vendors. (Source)

First "real" screenshot of Kil'jaeden ?
    I got an interesting mail a few hours ago, with a nice screenshot attached. According to the sender this is a leaked screenshot from a GM, I won't fully confirm it but it definitely looks legit enough to be posted. Keep in mind that it could be a fake, it's not "that" hard to get the 2.4 running on an emulated server and spawn Kil'jaeden, in this case his scale on live servers could be different.

Europe - Free Character Migration
    Originally Posted by Thundgot (Blue Tracker)
    Due to population differences between some of the highest and lowest populated PvP realms, the following Free Character Migration will be available from March 19th to March 25th:

From: Al'Akir, Frostmane, Grim Batol, Outland, Twilight's Hammer
    To: Burning Steppes, Spinebreaker

Please note that the migration may be closed at any time should a destination realm's population rise too high.

FAQ: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/faq/charactermove.html

Three new fanarts
    The official Fan Art Section has been updated with three new great fanarts.

Re: S3 Gear requirements in season 4

its a bit stupid to lower personal rating requirements that little... those, who can reach 1850/2000 don't need these 50 pts. probably 1750/1900 would be ok (imho).

in before the Q_Q

50 rating, will it make a difference? (rhetorical(spelling??) question)

Why have it..??!!??

Do away with the rating.

I don't see us having to do a certain amount of raids just for new badge loot. (dumb example but example non the less)
    Nothing to see here!

This is incredibly silly.

Why keep rating on S3 at all? It'll be inferior to S4 anyways, so this change is just pointless. Remove the rating already. The serious PvPers have already had it for showoff for quite a long time if they've put their hearts into it, and they'll have S4 shoulders and weapons in no time in any case.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

i dont think it should be removed, the gear is still pretty fucking good to be handed out to a lose-10-games-a-week scrub.
    I guess it depends on what the rating on S4 is to say whether or not -50 is too little/much
    Lag - Network related. High server response time, stop downloading.
    Low FPS - Your computer can't keep up with the game - buy a better one

Dalaran doesn't lag (often) your pc just sucks.

RIP Paul Gray

Could be worse ^_^ LoL

15+ Year Old Account

From the way that it was posted, it almost seems as if the ratings will be higher for s4.

Wait. Is there anyone out there who will seriously consider the 50 point difference enough to compensate for inferior weapons? I'm not saying they should do away with the rating. I'm saying that it should be something, you know, not retarded like this. 1700/1850 seemed pretty logical to me, because it drops the shoulders to a rating requirement once held by the weapons, and the weapons become much more available. If I had a preference, it would be to have the weapons be available at 1650 and the shoulders at 1750.

Why lowering them then at all?
    That's just pathetic.

It's like:

Drysc: Hey all, let's lower the rating req. on S3 gear with S4!
    Other Staff: Lowering it? I thought we gonna remove it,...nobody is gonna buy it anyway...
    *Drysc slaps staff member across the face*
    Kalgan: DO YOU SEE? DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU MESS WITH A WARRIOR?
    Drysc: Let's just announce something to make those kids freak out... and then slap them across the face! Don't you see how funny this is gonna be?
    Kalgan: Yeah and let's nurf Warlocks too!!!!!111oneelven Please!

So long,
    Eily

Heh, guess that people without access to raids and in sub-par to mediocre arena teams will have to walk around with s2 weapons (= s1 models) for a loooooong time :P
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazjatar&n=Cowmooflage
    http://www.stumbleblog.com
    (entertaining and educative videos, game reviews, music and so on )

Utter GARBAGE. Buy a clue, Blizzard, and ditch the Season 3 Weapons/shoulder requirement. Only the current season should have any sort of rating requirement attached, if you deem it absolutely necessary.

Stop punishing players for playing with their friends by placing ratings requirements on gear. We earn the points, so we should be able to spend them as we see fit.

Although many of us [i]could[i] join some highly rated team if we [i]wished[i] to, many of us choose not to join a team that takes arenas so seriously, hence we'll probably never hit an 1800+ rating. If I earn the points to buy the weapon, then I absolutely should be able to buy the weapon if it's from the previous season.

So since the S1 gear is being removed, does that mean the S1 gear people currently have is going to be upgraded to S2, or simply not going to be available from the vendors?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfett
    So since the S1 gear is being removed, does that mean the S1 gear people currently have is going to be upgraded to S2, or simply not going to be available from the vendors?
    Not available from Vendors, just like Veterans gear is no longer available.

And I do agree, the 50 points drop is a pretty worthless change unless the S4 requirements are going to be something like 2k for weapons, and 2250 for shoulders.
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann

Quote Originally Posted by Skoorb
    Not available from Vendors, just like Veterans gear is no longer available.
    Where did you read that ?

Season 2 was a lot more fun without the rating. You actually see interesting combo's in arena not constant cookie cutter.

I also do not like how you gain advantages to win not with skill but better stats with the rating. My season 4 weapon > then your season 2...GG?

I wish they invent a better way to reward those who are better skilled. Titles, better looking weapons (with same stats) anything but LOLIOUTGEARZYOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Eily

Kalgan: Yeah and let's nurf Warlocks too!!!!!111oneelven Please!
    Sorry but Kalgan is playing a warlock, this is why they dont get nerfed.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

These ratings are not definate.

So don't go on those as the be all and end all as said by drysc things are subject to change.

i really don't see anyone buying s3 weapon/shoulder if they're only 50 points away from S4 - i was expecting to hear 1700 for weapon 1800 for shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Sorry but Kalgan is playing a warlock, this is why they dont get nerfed.
    As far as i know Kalgan plays a warrior, this is why they dont get nerfed.