Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: #1 and #2 World Ranked 2v2s cheat?

Someone once said "If you aren't cheating you aren't trying."

I think that is a load of crap, but hey, that is just mho.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Whoever posted how win trading works is wrong, but whatever.

Sure some people cheat, life isn't perfect. Win trading is somewhat nerfed in 2.4 anyway, so it won't matter forever.
    Care to explan how it does work then, since somebody asked?

It's just the arena, it's nothing important really. The % of players who really care about their ranking (i said ranking not rating) is so small it bothers almost noone.

You don't believe me?
    Go look at the lenght of the threads about badge gear and attunement removal. And this is on a site where most people do care about the game.
    If they found a way to exploit thoses stupid deathmatch, good for them. Anyway, pvp in a game built on group pve should be about fun, not farming honor or getting a new title.

I do believe you loose the game if you just entered the arena. If you on the other hand do not enter at all (noone on the team can enter) then you can avoid a loss/game. After you've entered the arena and decide to quit, you loose.

I give those shamans the tiniest bit of respect because they've actually pulled it off, eventho its BS to do so. (I have an elemental shaman myself, 2s is terror)

I do think though, that blizzard will take action against something as obvious as this.

Something like that happened at spanish servers.

One guy posted about that and he was banned from forums...

The hunter was rating 2k with greens with a rogue full green too.

He was able to get the bow and more arena points with that ->
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Barriletiyo

And the team's name is "sure we win" at spanish...

If blizzard is serious about trying to make wow a pvp game (also a competetive one) this should be hot fixed immidately. And a if the punishment is a 3 day ban, then you fucking gotta be kindding me. This should leave to a permanent ban, it's like using wallhack or autoaim in a FPS game, and there is no way on earth that you could do either thing by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Windywoo
    Why does Blizzard not care? The team that reaches number one in their ratings got there by cheating, isn't that a hint that their system is balls?
    blizzard doesn't care because they are too dumb to catch it. between 1am and 6am a lot of shady stuff happens in arenas. we have played some late night games before, and won 25-28 pts consistently from players in blues and greens. other times sat in Q for 15 mins before getting a game. a lot of high teams farm late night, its all 5-10 pt wins, but its almost guaranteed wins since you will always outgear/outskill the people you play.

win trading happens a lot, especially for things like PR boosting, and it is incredibly stupid, but until blizz gets more pro-active about it it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    blizzard doesn't care because they are too dumb to catch it. between 1am and 6am a lot of shady stuff happens in arenas. we have played some late night games before, and won 25-28 pts consistently from players in blues and greens. other times sat in Q for 15 mins before getting a game. a lot of high teams farm late night, its all 5-10 pt wins, but its almost guaranteed wins since you will always outgear/outskill the people you play.

win trading happens a lot, especially for things like PR boosting, and it is incredibly stupid, but until blizz gets more pro-active about it it will happen.
    I play late at night quite often too and it fucks me off when 5 games in a row there are no players on the other team and its just a draw. If they sign up, and they get the game, the SHOULD have to enter it or lose the points. Simple as that. My teammate put in a ticket to a GM once about it and got the official blurb about "What if they have to go afk?" Well tbh if they had to go afk they shouldn't have queued.

Blizzard customer service is a joke most of the time but that seemed like an especially retarded line to take on their system which is supposed to represent the pinnacle of "competitive" pvp in wow.

Still no helpful post from chaud yet, but then again I have never seen him make a helpful post.

I might be wrong but I believe that there should be some kind of permanent/constant rating (or ladder) like so many other ladder based games have. The more you win the higher your "personal" rating goes. The only way to lower it would be by losing games. Switching a team would not reset the personal rating. You would still be able to switch teams or create teams as often as you want. But you would face equally rated players right from the beginning. And get rid of "Team rating". Because it makes no sense in WoW at all for it has neither true meaning nor constant "value" or weight.

Haha thats awesome, i love the profile they link! Cracking me up!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...e&n=D%C3%A0rky

Quote Originally Posted by Windywoo
    I play late at night quite often too and it fucks me off when 5 games in a row there are no players on the other team and its just a draw. If they sign up, and they get the game, the SHOULD have to enter it or lose the points. Simple as that. My teammate put in a ticket to a GM once about it and got the official blurb about "What if they have to go afk?" Well tbh if they had to go afk they shouldn't have queued.

Blizzard customer service is a joke most of the time but that seemed like an especially retarded line to take on their system which is supposed to represent the pinnacle of "competitive" pvp in wow.
    TOTALLY AGREED. on the arena part of course had to edit it for chaud hate it pisses me off to sit in 2v2 queues for 10 mins during prime time, only to not get into a game and have to queue yet. i think part of it came in response to long queues, where blizz didn't want to penalize people for having to wait. although if new queue times are implemented where more arenas are created and as a result max times are around 2-3 mins, then i agree they should go back to docking points for people not joining.

Well the thing is with an add on like DBM, it shows the arena name and number you're in, like Nagrand Arena 57.

There were a few threads about how information like that should be removed and I agree.

Hey Azain!
    So I see your warrior is pretty geared and you've got a nice (just one?) arena team.
    I myself have played warriors since the days of open beta, but alas, I took two long breaks from the game and have fallen behind. = (

Just curious as to what set ups you're currently running in 3s and 5s and the different tactics/strats you employ.
    Shoot me a message!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzaidi
    well, I decided to cancel my wow account immediately after reading this thread and the ones linked to.
    This is the closest I have ever been to being ass-raped. I loved the arena addition to pvp from the start, and still do, but the amount of time and effort I have put into getting those ratings is beyond reason. Bg leechers, team selling and now rating cheating. All kinds of ill shit, and that blizzard insists on fixing everything 6 months after thay should. If ever a hotfix is being done, it's to something as remotely useless and retarted as the droprate on a frog pet in ZA.

if you didnt knew this allready you smight aswell cancel your life on the real world. Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by nexonion
    if you didnt knew this allready you smight aswell cancel your life on the real world. Fail.
    slightly wittier than your first one :P

needs grammar fixing tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Benzaidi

If ever a hotfix is being done, it's to something as remotely useless and retarted as the droprate on a frog pet in ZA.
    Hey man, dont blame mojo! All he do is bring looove!

Quote Originally Posted by ResiduaL
    Well the thing is with an add on like DBM, it shows the arena name and number you're in, like Nagrand Arena 57.

There were a few threads about how information like that should be removed and I agree.
    Can't confirm live, but long gone on PTR.

Wish I would have seen the blizzard forum post when it originally happened I would have been all over it because a lot of people are just straight up wrong in their posts but that's just the way it is on blizz forums

that shamans shouldve pwned! :O i will never make 2600+ rating with greens/blues, how did they do it? kiss a GM's ass and asked if they could get that rating ?

NO?

WTFPWNEDLOL

Oh well, you can't blame extra-nerdy players for exploiting Blizzard's loopholes

Well....

As frustrating as this is I would have to say grats for figuring out how to do this. And I hope they enjoy it, while it lasts. Just one thing, which makes me think that he might have just brought this team.
    What has he done with all the points?

Maybe its just a GM trying to distract us from other problems with arena's, lol.

2.4FTWWOOT!