Balance druid in pve? :O

Anyone tried being boomkin in pve(TK+ssc and up)? How did it go? How do you maximize your dps? like wrath vs starfire whats best?

Did pvp, full veng full now(include shoulders ;d) so want to start pve

Re: Balance druid in pve? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Wronox
    Anyone tried being boomkin in pve(TK+ssc and up)? How did it go? How do you maximize your dps? like wrath vs starfire whats best?

Did pvp, full veng full now(include shoulders ;d) so want to start pve

Hello. I played in a guild called revelation on the server of Executus Eu, as a balance druid in tk/ssc. A balance druid does ok dps but u need the hit rating for it. I personally would say use starfire becouse it takes less mana then wrath and you will do more damage when u are oom then u would with wrath.

Not many guilds use balance druids, nihilum dosent/didnt. cya

my guild has a dedicated raiding boomkin, hes really good. (we pushing our way thru MH atm)

since you got veng shoulders i assume you know a lot about your class/spec, so it shouldnt be hard for you to spec the right way/itemize your gear for pve

boomkins are just one of those specs you gotta be smart about
    Free gold tomorrow!

PvE boomkin are pretty rare, not because they are bad dps but more because they need great players behind the keyboard and true boomkin gears are a bit rare. If you get a pve build and get to your hit cap you wont be useless to your guild.

No matter your class/spec, great players = priceless.

Deleted

I'm raiding moonkin in T5 (killed everything but Kael) and we're startign on MH.
    There's an EJ thread with a spreadsheet in order to optimise gear/optimize spell rotations depending on stats/buffs/durations/... You'll also find general informations as well as contact/advice from T6-content moonkins :
    http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t11582-d...s_spreadsheet/

Moonkins can bring very good dps plus some utility (impFayFire mainly but also crit aura, insect swarm, and the common druid abilities).

Spell rotations : there are several ones (IS-MF-SF*3, MF-SF*4, ...)of interest depending on mana consumption, but basically SF gets better than wrath in both dps and dpm with spell damage and raid debuffs (CoS). More precise informations in the spreadsheet.
    But basically, gear, chain cast and chug pots, as most classes.

when does SF get higher DPS/DPM then wrath? I currently have 820 Spell Dmg (well, 920 tonight, when i get my new dagger) unbuffed, and i usually spam Wrath.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by killaklown
    when does SF get higher DPS/DPM then wrath? I currently have 820 Spell Dmg (well, 920 tonight, when i get my new dagger) unbuffed, and i usually spam Wrath.
    I can't tell you the exact spelldmg amount when SF >> wrath, but do try to get 4 parts of t5. then Starfire >> all, with the setbonus. we have a Balance dr00d (t5/6 content) and he does good dps, insane if you count in the raid benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    I can't tell you the exact spelldmg amount when SF >> wrath, but do try to get 4 parts of t5. then Starfire >> all, with the setbonus. we have a Balance dr00d (t5/6 content) and he does good dps, insane if you count in the raid benefits.
    Thanks We've only killed leo (1st time tuesday, 1 shot), so 4/5 t5 would be hard right now.

Boomkin can be very useful in PvE. We have only one Boomkin, and it does take a special kind of person to play the character and play it well.
    Good things about Moonkin:
    -Party buff you give to casters (+5% crit to spells)
    -Extra battle rez in case of stupidity
    -Off-healing if a healer is down
    -Insect swarm (better chance for boss to miss tank)
    -Comedic relief, nothing better than seeing a dancing space chicken dance on your dead body after an Illidan attempt!
    -And I'm sure there is much more!

If you would like to talk to a very good Moonkin, contact Drbass on Cho'gall US
    For his spec and gear choices...http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...7gall&n=Drbass
    We are in the process of killing Illidan, it's been a fast clear and he's been stingy on letting his 4pc t5, but he has hella DKP and I can see him spending on a certain staff soon...

Btw, haste is apprently good for Moonkin, I play a warlock so know nothing about them, but I love havin' him in my party =)

Hope this helped!
    www.ZugLife.com

<Zug Life> of Cho'gall

Always looking for exceptional raiders for 25man Hardmode content.

We also raid with a Moonkin. We usually go for max raid synergy for our dps groups so he usually is in a caster group with an Ele Shaman and 3x other caster dpsers.

We've had many laughs while clearing trash in Hyjal because of the Lazerchicken running around and pewpewing things. He does really good dps also.

http://wowwebstats.com/2tueijhwn5v1s?s=10581-11537 one of our Illidan kills from about a month ago.

ON my last server Executus eu, there was a guild that had bt/hyjal on farm called existenz, they had 3-4 full t6 boomkins O:

I've actually went from 780 spell dmg to 945 unbuffed... Still working on my hit though.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...os&n=Soulchief

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

We use a boomkin

http://wowwebstats.com/wm455fq45ba6w?s=13889-14259

(Moonkin doing 1900 dps on brutallus, also made #1 on wwsscoreboard worldwide for druids vs brutallus)

Quite good if played correctly, and helps the group a lot with the crit.
    Retired in WoD

You should first be concerned by finding a pve guild recruiting a balance druid..probably your biggest prob :

Biggest problem is slot numbers in a 25man raid...depends on guild/raid leaders.
    In my case, we don't have space for one and will never have...we've introduced an elem shaman few weeks ago, and he tends to be really good too (1800dps on brutallus in a 4 destrolocks group, 3 leatherworkers among the 5 in the group), not counting his priceless buffs ( bloodlust, 3% hit&3% crit, aggro reducing totem at start then switch to 110sp totem, manaregen )...Sorry boomkin do really looks totally useless compared to him...my raidleader giving me choice as a caster, never ever will I trade the elem cham for a boomkin.

But as it is well said here :
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    PvE boomkin are pretty rare, not because they are bad dps but more because they need great players behind the keyboard and true boomkin gears are a bit rare. If you get a pve build and get to your hit cap you wont be useless to your guild.

No matter your class/spec, great players = priceless.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen
    my raidleader giving me choice as a caster, never ever will I trade the elem cham for a boomkin.
    Well, of course, they are not replacing each other, they're complementing each other. That's why optimized moonkin groups have a chaman, a moonkin and 3 other crit-based casters.
    (which still is a problem if you already have many casters or whatever, so your main point still stands)

Biggest problem is slot numbers in a 25man raid...depends on guild/raid leaders.
    In my case, we don't have space for one and will never have...we've introduced an elem shaman few weeks ago, and he tends to be really good too (1800dps on brutallus in a 4 destrolocks group, 3 leatherworkers among the 5 in the group), not counting his priceless buffs ( bloodlust, 3% hit&3% crit, aggro reducing totem at start then switch to 110sp totem, manaregen )...Sorry boomkin do really looks totally useless compared to him...my raidleader giving me choice as a caster, never ever will I trade the elem cham for a boomkin.
    Let the shaman spec resto and put him in the same group as the moonkin and the other casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeve
    my guild has a dedicated raiding boomkin, hes really good. (we pushing our way thru MH atm)

since you got veng shoulders i assume you know a lot about your class/spec, so it shouldnt be hard for you to spec the right way/itemize your gear for pve

boomkins are just one of those specs you gotta be smart about
    This made me lol

Pre-2.4 anybody could get boosted to 2k+ rating.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Bewnkin powah =)

I should add: Best team mate for a boomkin is a Sub Rogue. I was teamed with one and we were doing good until he stop to play

Moonkin was heavy DPS while rogue was mobility and CC. I was doing the big part and he was finishing off them.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle