Thread: Druids

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Druids

Currently have a lvl 30 druid and im wondering with the recent lifebloom nerf and 4 set bonus nerf are druids still the go to OP healer in 2s and 3s? And if so is it worth leveling my druid to 70?

Re: Druids

I hate the fact that everyone is lvling a druid since their so good in arena now

Ive had mine for about 3 years and i remember when druids were so underrated. Now i cant find a good druid anywhere i go
    But for your question i would still lvl one their a fun class and the recent nerfs aren't even big ones
    but try out balance and feral they may jus sway you to stay those specs =D
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll261/Lionhert312/Picture1.png

Just play what you enjoy playing.

Bad players will be beat by good players, generally even regardless of class or spec.

But since you're essentially asking "Can I still slam my face into the keyboard, like the vast majority of warlocks, and win cool epics?" its a toss up. If you pair off with an MM hunter and you both gay the hell out of the other team (root, cyclone, root, cyclone, scatter shot, frost trap, viper sting) then yes. If you can out CC the other team, you'll probably win.

If they sap/sheep your buddy and nuke you, or nuke your buddy while you're stealthed on the other side of the room, then, no... you'll lose.

I play priest/warrior, and druid combos are probably the easiest to beat these days for us. I help my warrior kill the druid's dps partner, dispel his hots and PI+mana burn him when he comes out of hiding. If the druid is bad, the dps is in execute range by the time the druid realizes we're killing hiz manz. If the druid is decent, we just target swap while we run the druid out of mana and continue killing the dps or druid, whoever's in range, and still win. As a priest I have more of an issue with shaman/warrior or priest/rogue teams than anything/druid or anything/paladin.

So really. If you ENJOY playing your druid, by all means, get there and have fun in arena with friends. Just don't expect free loot and 2k rating with zero effort because you're a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhert312
    I hate the fact that everyone is lvling a druid since their so good in arena now

Ive had mine for about 3 years and i remember when druids were so underrated. Now i cant find a good druid anywhere i go
    But for your question i would still lvl one their a fun class and the recent nerfs aren't even big ones

Its not that really, having a warrior i could easily find a druid and lol 1850 or w/e but ive had the urge to have a healing class lately and after playing my friends druid and having a blast boomchicken pwning people i decided to roll one

That said i plan to pvp and on other forums (mainly arena junkies) lots of high level druids are complaining about the cyclone nerf and travel form nerf
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahima

But since you're essentially asking "Can I still slam my face into the keyboard, like the vast majority of warlocks, and win cool epics?" its a toss up. If you pair off with an MM hunter and you both gay the hell out of the other team (root, cyclone, root, cyclone, scatter shot, frost trap, viper sting) then yes. If you can out CC the other team, you'll probably win.

If they sap/sheep your buddy and nuke you, or nuke your buddy while you're stealthed on the other side of the room, then, no... you'll lose.

im not retarded and after playing a warrior through season 3 i know what i want from my 2v2 partner, which they rarely supply, just one more reason i want to roll druid, serious lack of skilled ones

druids are still nuts. I have a priest main (play both shadow and disc in arena's) and a druid alt. My priest is way more geared, yet my druid has higher ratings. Used to play with the same rogue on both teams before he /wowquit, and we were always 100 points to 200 points or so higher queue'ing with me on my druid over my priest (either spec, though my healing gear on my priest wasn't complete). Never got my 4-set pre-nerf so I can't comment on how much thats effect druids. The new one is fairly limited in its benefits though.

since he wowquit, I had to farm my team for a few weeks before I found a good partner, and went 10-2 back up to 1700 (both losses could have been wins which we learned from) before we ran outta time. Druids are still good. I did change my spec from 8/11/42 to 13/11/37 though to gain back some of the cyclone range.

I find the cyclone range nerf hurts me more then anything else but there are ways around that if your gear is good enough, though it will still not be back to the old range even with talents.

Just play what you enjoy playing.

Bad players will be beat by good players, generally even regardless of class or spec.

I play priest/warrior, and druid combos are probably the easiest to beat these days for us. I help my warrior kill the druid's dps partner, dispel his hots and PI+mana burn him when he comes out of hiding. If the druid is bad, the dps is in execute range by the time the druid realizes we're killing hiz manz. If the druid is decent, we just target swap while we run the druid out of mana and continue killing the dps or druid, whoever's in range, and still win. As a priest I have more of an issue with shaman/warrior or priest/rogue teams than anything/druid or anything/paladin.

So really. If you ENJOY playing your druid, by all means, get there and have fun in arena with friends. Just don't expect free loot and 2k rating with zero effort because you're a druid.
    So if i roll a lock, get him to 70, get an arena team, and slam my head against the keyboard i can get epics?

Excellent

/takes Advil

Quote Originally Posted by slacker142
    Currently have a lvl 30 druid and im wondering with the recent lifebloom nerf and 4 set bonus nerf are druids still the go to OP healer in 2s and 3s? And if so is it worth leveling my druid to 70?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhert312

I love the fact that you think druids got nerfed.....They adjusted spells to create a more even balance. So what if coefficients were penalised like every other healing class has been. Stop crying poor me poor me when they balance a class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nvaheal

I love the fact that you think druids got nerfed.....They adjusted spells to create a more even balance. So what if coefficients were penalised like every other healing class has been. Stop crying poor me poor me when they balance a class.
    Im crying? i have a level 30 druid, not exactly affected by the nerfs and they are nerfs, thats what happens in WoW, people complain that one class is too strong and the other too weak so they nerf the "OP" class and BUFF the "underpowered" one

Quote Originally Posted by rawrform
    So if i roll a lock, get him to 70, get an arena team, and slam my head against the keyboard i can get epics?

Excellent

/takes Advil
    ive played all classes at 1850 arena and locks are byfar the hardest to play in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro77
    ive played all classes at 1850 arena and locks are byfar the hardest to play in arena.
    LOL your the wrong spec then, SL SL pick up a healer. Only use Fel Hunter nothing else! then full instant dot all opponents fear the healer or mana based class stick pet on him and mana drain. Couldn't be easier even with sum1 smashing down on you healer should easy mode keep you up with locks improved healing buff on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooka
    LOL your the wrong spec then, SL SL pick up a healer. Only use Fel Hunter nothing else! then full instant dot all opponents fear the healer or mana based class stick pet on him and mana drain. Couldn't be easier even with sum1 smashing down on you healer should easy mode keep you up with locks improved healing buff on them.
    Ohhh you have to be really newbie. I am 100% sure that you never played Warlock so serious !

Locks are harder to play than they seem. 1v1 sure they rape most classes but as soon as you get some teamplay going, a lock is rough enough to play.

I cant imagine myself playing a cloth class without healing :\

I curently play balance spec and have like 4/5 veng and 450 resi, but still with that gear another good class could beat me very easy even if i have that gear, the cyclone nerf realy hurts when i think about that they actually was gonna nerf resto but they nerfed the underpowered moonkins again, ;(

I hardly consider moonkin underpowered when they can hit moonfire ten times and kill somebody. :P

Moonfire and ice lance needs a cooldown like arcane shot, especially when all three crit for 1k+.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooka
    your just dumb i am sl sl l2read sigs

I hardly consider moonkin underpowered when they can hit moonfire ten times and kill somebody. :P

Moonfire and ice lance needs a cooldown like arcane shot, especially when all three crit for 1k+.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro77
    Ah yes, indeed but the shashing of the head is the fun part.

and my advil is about to wear off

/takes another advil

I suggest you stop leveling your druid and delete the char. Seriously, reading posts like this makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecaveli
    I suggest you stop leveling your druid and delete the char. Seriously, reading posts like this makes me sick.
    oaoh, hold on now, dont just delete, lets do something progressive like go feral for PVE