Thread: Druids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Druids

Quote Originally Posted by rawrform
    oaoh, hold on now, dont just delete, lets do something progressive like go feral for PVE
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecaveli
    I suggest you stop leveling your druid and delete the char. Seriously, reading posts like this makes me sick.
    no

Moonfire and ice lance needs a cooldown like arcane shot, especially when all three crit for 1k+.
    Ice Lance and CD? Remember, they have to be frozen for Ice lance to do good dmg. That would have been silly.

Quote Originally Posted by tharaa423
    Ice Lance and CD? Remember, they have to be frozen for Ice lance to do good dmg. That would have been silly.
    I've been frozen and have had ice lance thrown at me a good three or four times before I get out. Not to mention, just about anything you do to a frost mage procs frost bite if their nova or pet nova isn't up.

Yes... ice lance needs a cooldown. Not asking for a thirty second cooldown or something like that, same length as arcane shot would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarro77
    ive played all classes at 1850 arena and locks are byfar the hardest to play in arena.

You have all 9 classes and play at 1850 arena with all of them, and you claim the warlock is the hardest to play? Riiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahima
    I've been frozen and have had ice lance thrown at me a good three or four times before I get out. Not to mention, just about anything you do to a frost mage procs frost bite if their nova or pet nova isn't up.
    Lies. I've never had nova last more than one icelance/frostbolt crit.

Only time that could have happened was before the frost nova nerf close to when BC was released. Yes, then you could ice lance 3-4 times and it wouldn't break.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker142
    so they nerf the "OP" class and BUFF the "underpowered" one

You seem to have defined a method of balance there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    Lies. I've never had nova last more than one icelance/frostbolt crit.

Only time that could have happened was before the frost nova nerf close to when BC was released. Yes, then you could ice lance 3-4 times and it wouldn't break.
    You know, that's what everybody says. But it's complete bull. If I cared what people thought I'd go get fraps just to prove my point. My warrior (who has the surefooted boot enchant, btw) is constantly frozen, and usually gets pegged a bunch of times before it breaks. Half the time I get fed up and trinket. Same thing happens to my priest, but she can dispel herself.

This whole ice lance thing happens sometimes, but puttin a CD on it is absolutely stupid. A good player will never give a mage a chance to cast so we have to rely heavily on our frost nova and icelance combos. Plus there is already DR on freeze effects so QQ more please.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker142
    no
    no
    no becasuse your a slacker, or no because you like PvP more

Regarding the original topic of this thread:

Both vhairi.blogspot.com and SK-Gaming.com show that druids are still becoming more and more popular in 2vs2 and 3vs3. Even Warrior/Paladin/Shaman is falling behind in favor of Warrior/Paladin/Druid. Furthermore Warrior/Rogue/Druid is also getting more popular, especially on BG9. I think it's safe to say that S4 will be the season of the melee classes backed up by resto druids.

Deleted

Part of the problem is that if one class is seen as even 1% better than the others in a role then there is a huge pressure for people to take it - and for people who just care about winning to take up that class.

I play a druid but I still play feral in arena as that's what my druid is... Some people respec just for arena. I don't want to, nor want to spend the time and money on that, unless they intentionally make re-spec'ing routine, eg by removing the cost.

It's not the resto druids' fault that Blizz created an environment where they shine and then the whole druid class ends up suffering because them place so much importance on it.

Of course it's not the fault of the resto druids. It is totally understandable that players who want to heal in 2vs2 and 3vs3 reroll a resto druid, because, frankly, it's just a good and solid choice. It also will help you to find a new team for sure.
    Whom I blame is Blizzard. Their "balancing" towards resto druids had no real effect as it seems. Instead they actually nerfed druid off-specs (feral, moonkin) as a side-effect. More viable class specs would lead to more choice. But as it stands 2vs2 and 3vs3 is still a very limited set.